PDA

View Full Version : SUN NEWS Rocking the FN Boat Again

Winch101
05-14-2014, 02:15 PM
I knew it was to quiet .....way to quiet . This is an interesting read
Canadians are thinking this but who has the sack to print it .
SunNews

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/05/20140514-072619.html

leeaspell
05-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Canada is spending $11 million to send election observers to Ukraine later this month.

What the hell, don't we have better uses for $11 million than this?

greylynx
05-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Canada is spending $11 million to send election observers to Ukraine later this month.

Right on Leeaspell.

This is just like the 676 million in transfer payments going Newfoundland for 2014- 2015.

This stuff has to stop.

Drewski Canuck
05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Funny thing about FNs. The progressive ones go to work off reserve, often live off reserve, and pay taxes and live like the rest of us.

Those who do not want to accept personal responsibility fall into the trap of playing the race card. Some of those who are not progressive, are the biggest abusers of the other members of their own band.

As for the 11 Mill to ensure a fair election in the Ukraine, that is the best money spent. If it is a clean election, its results have to be accepted by all. If the losing side can claim corruption, civil war breaks out, NATO and Russia get sucked in, and the 11 Mill will only be a rounding error for what we will end up spending.

Drewski

leeaspell
05-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Right on Leeaspell.

This is just like the 676 million in transfer payments going Newfoundland for 2014- 2015.

This stuff has to stop.

And the 5 billion that Alberta is going to receive in transfer payments.

NativeHunter
05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
everyone da same

silverdoctor
05-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Shhhh. That's forbidden talk here Lee :scared0018:

TomE
05-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Right on Leeaspell.

This stuff has to stop.

Well worth it for the Quality and Quantity of Workers being Supplied to Alberta..:scared0018:

silverdoctor
05-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Well worth it for the Quality and Quantity of Workers being Supplied to Alberta..:scared0018:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff503/silver_doctor/newfoundland.jpg

leeaspell
05-14-2014, 04:42 PM
Ok guys let's got along here, and bash the the real money grabbers Ontario and Québec who will be pulling in 19.2 and 19.6 billion

Okotokian
05-14-2014, 04:57 PM
I knew it was to quiet .....way to quiet . This is an interesting read
Canadians are thinking this but who has the sack to print it .
SunNews

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/05/20140514-072619.html

It's a reasonable piece. Makes a lot of sense, not inflamatory. Clearly not written by Ezra. He's more interested in baiting his opponents than thoughtful discourse.

Okotokian
05-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Ahh, but that's our own money. Alberta contributes more than the national average to the federal tax rolls and gets back less in total. I would be quite happy if Alberta got ZERO transfer payments for health, etc. and our Federal tax rate was reduced by a corresponding amount. Frankly, the feds should not be taxing and spending in an area of provincial responsibility. It's another form of hidden equalization.

twofifty
05-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it's a good piece of journalism that makes a case for major reforms.
It will be interesting to see what the AFN and the main Chiefs say in response.

greylynx
05-14-2014, 07:27 PM

That has to stop. And the 1/3 of a Trillion dollars Alberta has paid in should be refunded.

4thredneck
05-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Right on Leeaspell.

This stuff has to stop.

Why are they sending that much money to Ft McMurray?:scared0018:

greylynx
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Why are they sending that much money to Ft McMurray?:scared0018:

I just do not know.

Chewbacca
05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Funny thing about FNs. The progressive ones go to work off reserve, often live off reserve, and pay taxes and live like the rest of us.

Those who do not want to accept personal responsibility fall into the trap of playing the race card. Some of those who are not progressive, are the biggest abusers of the other members of their own band.

Drewski

Some people may not like it but this is it pretty much in a nut shell. If they would quit trying to seperate themselves I think that they would have more of a sense of belonging.

braggadoe
05-14-2014, 09:17 PM
the whole "duty to consult" should frighten all Canadians.

everywhere else, it's called extortion. here in canada, it's become there "RIGHT".

anyone who has to do/done business with them recently, knows what i'm talking about.

complete BS! and doesn't help their cause at all. if anything, it causes even more dislike towards them.

CanuckShooter
05-14-2014, 09:40 PM

everywhere else, it's called extortion. here in canada, it's become there "RIGHT".

anyone who has to do/done business with them recently, knows what i'm talking about.

complete BS! and doesn't help their cause at all. if anything, it causes even more dislike towards them.

It's called the "Golden Rule"...those with the gold rule, that is why so many people chase the gold.

I find it amusing that our system purports to teach FNs how to enter the business world, but so many whine when they succeed at their own form of business. Extortion indeed. :)

Mb-MBR
05-14-2014, 09:42 PM

HERE WE GO AGAIN.............Sucks having to live up to the Treaties but its the law of the land. You want to develop you better consult or guess what, no development.

You can hate all you want this duty is the result of close to 200 Supreme Court Decisions over the years fought and argued by every Federal/Provincial government across Canada.

brownbomber
05-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Good article, many solid points. We are all the masters of our own destinies. For some the path is easy and for others hard, that's more nurture than nature though in my opinion.
Umm how many hours you got to discuss the whole issue? If people want to talk I'm open, except for now I'm going to work out in 10 mins.
Quick check on how people see things, look at the Facebook comments some good, some retarded, lumping all brown guys into the same group. I know myself I earn more than over 90% of Canadians and off the top of my head I'm sure the other 3 native guys on my ball team do as well not that we are comparing t4's but you catch my drift.
The state of FN in canada is truly divided but the media doesn't want to show people like me, they prefer
A. Political process people talking about past wrongs and healing all for a per diem of course
B. professional protestor that doesn't really know why he's upset just that his cousin told him be angry and didn't have much to do for the last few months
C. Educated white guy with a beard and khakis that really understands what it's like to be native

That said the opinions of FN people are also quite different from person to person and perspective is relative to your lot in life.
A. Say me. No accent, drives a newish truck, not to mention my hair is short and my pants fit, too busy working having fun, doing stuff with my kids kissing my wife hitting dingers to care about politics and too assimilated to really experience much negativity anyway also weighing 250 and benching 300 leads to a lot of good cross cultural experiences :)
B. a friend of mine. Got a degree so he can afford to worry about the ebvironment, so really truly believes he's helping and right however misguided he may be, smart enough to know the process is silly but enough of a dreamer to still think that somebody owes not me or him but welfare jim a apology and a career. Might try politics but too nice to pull it off. Has seen some bad stuff more than me because he kinda fits the bill with the long hair, believes he should discover more of his spiritual side because that's what he should do unlike me who does do to dad saying I should.
C. A school mate. Smart guy kinda works when he can but is limited that he grew up with little motivating factors, well meaning and likely the most pragmatic of the bunch, has seem more racism than me because he dresses kinda grungy and has the hair. Not real big or anything due to generational malnutrition lol, (size is often a indicator in native communities of social standing of course with genetics as well) understands the issues but just wants to feed his kids and all the other ones he seems to collect from relatives.
D. The problem. Stereotype. Sees the world as us against them. Not smart enough to see that he's a pawn. Listens to chief and council and hell yes let's blame whitey. He hates me and I hate him. Professional taker that gets little more than crumbs because he's just a supporter and not a family Member of the power brokers. A sheeple.

So all those people in the pot and the chiefs and lawyers and everybody else trying to pull their beliefs one way or the other.
I think something will have to give and I hope for light not darkness.

Questions???

CanuckShooter
05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Good article, many solid points. We are all the masters of our own destinies. For some the path is easy and for others hard, that's more nurture than nature though in my opinion.
Umm how many hours you got to discuss the whole issue? If people want to talk I'm open, except for now I'm going to work out in 10 mins.
Quick check on how people see things, look at the Facebook comments some good, some retarded, lumping all brown guys into the same group. I know myself I earn more than over 90% of Canadians and off the top of my head I'm sure the other 3 native guys on my ball team do as well not that we are comparing t4's but you catch my drift.
The state of FN in canada is truly divided but the media doesn't want to show people like me, they prefer
A. Political process people talking about past wrongs and healing all for a per diem of course
B. professional protestor that doesn't really know why he's upset just that his cousin told him be angry and didn't have much to do for the last few months
C. Educated white guy with a beard and khakis that really understands what it's like to be native

That said the opinions of FN people are also quite different from person to person and perspective is relative to your lot in life.
A. Say me. No accent, drives a newish truck, not to mention my hair is short and my pants fit, too busy working having fun, doing stuff with my kids kissing my wife hitting dingers to care about politics and too assimilated to really experience much negativity anyway also weighing 250 and benching 300 leads to a lot of good cross cultural experiences :)
B. a friend of mine. Got a degree so he can afford to worry about the ebvironment, so really truly believes he's helping and right however misguided he may be, smart enough to know the process is silly but enough of a dreamer to still think that somebody owes not me or him but welfare jim a apology and a career. Might try politics but too nice to pull it off. Has seen some bad stuff more than me because he kinda fits the bill with the long hair, believes he should discover more of his spiritual side because that's what he should do unlike me who does do to dad saying I should.
C. A school mate. Smart guy kinda works when he can but is limited that he grew up with little motivating factors, well meaning and likely the most pragmatic of the bunch, has seem more racism than me because he dresses kinda grungy and has the hair. Not real big or anything due to generational malnutrition lol, (size is often a indicator in native communities of social standing of course with genetics as well) understands the issues but just wants to feed his kids and all the other ones he seems to collect from relatives.
D. The problem. Stereotype. Sees the world as us against them. Not smart enough to see that he's a pawn. Listens to chief and council and hell yes let's blame whitey. He hates me and I hate him. Professional taker that gets little more than crumbs because he's just a supporter and not a family Member of the power brokers. A sheeple.

So all those people in the pot and the chiefs and lawyers and everybody else trying to pull their beliefs one way or the other.

Questions???

Ya...how much exactly do you make? $$ Wondering if I'm selling myself short....:thinking-006:

And why don't you embrace your culture?

357xp
05-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Good for u BB. Credit is due, I wish there were more FN people like u up here, but reality here isn't like that. There are a select few that have a job.

brownbomber
05-14-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm métis my mother is Scottish I have many cultures and love them all. Haha 29%. That's more of a illustration about the Facebook comments that we aren't all bums.
Anyway the native side of me yes it's a part of me I go to to sweats, I go to pow wows, I know where I come from. It's part of me not all of me. But I also go to church and most of all im canadian that's who I am.
I do embrace all parts of me. But I am a realist as well

brownbomber
05-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Good for u BB. Credit is due, I wish there were more FN people like u up here, but reality here isn't like that. There are a select few that have a job.

Really where you at? Lots in my area. Most FN people are employed.

roper1
05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Yes, I also hope we get light but probably more darkness to go first. The current situation is benefitting a very small number of the people it was designed to help. IMO

Smokey
05-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Hopefully cheeper then a war. Im fine with the cost. Democracy cost, hopefully its well spent. I admit Im idealistic and naive.

HunterDave
05-14-2014, 11:59 PM

What $5B in transfer payments? The last that I heard Alberta was a "Have" province and was contributing money to give to the "Have not" provinces. Are you talking about equalization payments or money transferred from the federal government to AB for health care, etc?

HunterDave
05-15-2014, 12:04 AM
And why don't you embrace your culture?

You're kidding right? You first, why should he not......huh?

58thecat
05-15-2014, 05:46 AM

As for the 11 Mill to ensure a fair election in the Ukraine, that is the best money spent. If it is a clean election, its results have to be accepted by all. If the losing side can claim corruption, civil war breaks out, NATO and Russia get sucked in, and the 11 Mill will only be a rounding error for what we will end up spending.

Drewski

Well said

KegRiver
05-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Really where you at? Lots in my area. Most FN people are employed.

That's what I was thinking.

I hear about the welfare recipients, the single mothers who want more babies so they can drew more assistance.
I hear about the whiners and the protestors. I hear a lot of negative things about FN people. But I don't see it. Not here.

It seems to me that there are more FN people in the north then anywhere I've been in the south. More then half the people I know, my friends, are FN.
I don't understand why I'm not seeing all the stuff I hear about.

The people I know are hard working, self supporting, resourceful, intelligent, friendly people.
And so far as I can tell it doesn't matter whether people are FN, from the Rock, use Garlic or have roots south of our southern border.

Sure I know a few alcoholics and a few thieves. And they too seem to come from every race and every culture.

The only noticeable exception I see are those in politics. There I do see a disproportionate level of thieves and drunks and welfare bums.

vcmm
05-15-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm métis my mother is Scottish I have many cultures and love them all. Haha 29%. That's more of a illustration about the Facebook comments that we aren't all bums.
Anyway the native side of me yes it's a part of me I go to to sweats, I go to pow wows, I know where I come from. It's part of me not all of me. But I also go to church and most of all im canadian that's who I am.
I do embrace all parts of me. But I am a realist as well

Insert long slow clap.
We are all CANADIANS:)

braggadoe
05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN.............Sucks having to live up to the Treaties but its the law of the land. You want to develop you better consult or guess what, no development.

You can hate all you want this duty is the result of close to 200 Supreme Court Decisions over the years fought and argued by every Federal/Provincial government across Canada.

consulting between parties involved is always a goodthing.

but when did the defenation of "consult" change from:

con·sult [v. kuhn-suhlt; n. kon-suhlt, kuhn-suhlt] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to seek advice or information from; ask guidance from: Consult your lawyer before signing the contract.
to refer to for information: Consult your dictionary for the spelling of the word.
to have regard for (a person's interest, convenience, etc.) in making plans.
Obsolete . to meditate, plan, or contrive.

too:

we will sign the 100$ permit, only after we get 10% of your bussiness..

just speaking/wondering, from personal experience.

leeaspell
05-15-2014, 07:38 AM
What $5B in transfer payments? The last that I heard Alberta was a "Have" province and was contributing money to give to the "Have not" provinces. Are you talking about equalization payments or money transferred from the federal government to AB for health care, etc?

Federal transfer not equalization.

Winch101
05-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Good Post . I have a few FN friends all industrious ,living the good life
They just think their Canadians . They don't think the settlers are gonna
Pack their bags and go home . That's akin to the Deep South belief that
They will rise again .
The rank and file are subjected to corrupt government on reserves
Just as we are on our reserves . Though supervised by the federal govt
Their leaders are crooks . Just like our reserve .
The sticking point is that the Treaty FN s are not the big contributors
To their own well being ,just like our bigger reserves Quebec ,the Maritimes
Saskatchewan .
Unfortunately we are a country divided , by fairly normal human endeavours ,Greed , Corruption ,selfish desires , bad leadership .

My background is similar to yours BB , just to lazy to go back to
Manitoba and get my card . Canuck referred to me as a wanna be native
Only half of me . And really no chirping from the greatest welfare state
Ever created ....The BC Interior ....But out commie ...

I just add this interesting insight to the situation at hand ....
On subterfuge in the FN ranks

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jj-mccullough/first-nations-education-act_b_5328145.html

marxman
05-15-2014, 08:05 AM

Thats not true the courts have run so far with the treaties its not funny. Read them they are online treaty 8 for instance. Theres not much there, no garantees and a crummy deal so now they have invented them into something different. I remember when the natives said treaties werent worth the paper they were wrote on they were right now the treaties are sacred figure that one out

zabbo
05-15-2014, 08:07 AM

Hmmmmm. Lets see. Put $100 billion in, get $5 billion back. Pretty good deal, ................for somebody! :thinking-006:

Winch101
05-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Firstly how come no other media covered this event ,could they be like
All other Canadiens ,tired of this BS ..

More money ,less accountability , is the message .....good luck with
That ,they better vote Liberal .

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/05/20140514-165629.html

Mb-MBR
05-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Thats not true the courts have run so far with the treaties its not funny. Read them they are online treaty 8 for instance. Theres not much there, no garantees and a crummy deal so now they have invented them into something different. I remember when the natives said treaties werent worth the paper they were wrote on they were right now the treaties are sacred figure that one out

The courts have interpreted the Treaties and they have also opened the door to an oral interpretation of the Treaties. Those who believe this country was surrendered including Title so we could live on land that was useless are delusional.....so the written text is only part of the story.

I for one would rip them up and revert back but I don't think there is a government anywhere in Canada that would consider that.

Mb-MBR
05-15-2014, 03:43 PM
consulting between parties involved is always a goodthing.

but when did the defenation of "consult" change from:

con·sult [v. kuhn-suhlt; n. kon-suhlt, kuhn-suhlt] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to seek advice or information from; ask guidance from: Consult your lawyer before signing the contract.
to refer to for information: Consult your dictionary for the spelling of the word.
to have regard for (a person's interest, convenience, etc.) in making plans.
Obsolete . to meditate, plan, or contrive.

too:

we will sign the 100$ permit, only after we get 10% of your bussiness..

just speaking/wondering, from personal experience.

You're forgetting the most important party of the Duty to Consult and that is the duty to accommodate. The SCC has said in many cases the Crown has a duty to consult and in some cases a duty to accommodate. Consider 10% is getting off cheap...but I'm assuming you're using a hypothetical situation.

Winch101
05-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I guess threatening the Feds doesn't go down that well . Terrorist talk
But hey what ya gonna do , put them in jail , there's no room in our jails .
They're full of the other half of the Band .
This is not going to end well for natives ....

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/15/bernard-valcourt-assembly-first-nations_n_5332995.html

braggadoe
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
NO, not a hypothetical situation at all.

been in business for 50 plus years without a problem. go to renew the permit/license, and they demand 10% of the business.

at first we assumed they would pay far market price. but no, they wanted it for nothing.

if any one else pulled this, it would be criminal.

this is a major problem facing a lot of small business(large as well), that are forced to deal with FNs currently.

as a country, we would all be better off if there was 1.5 million "brownbomber" types out there. instead of the current, something for nothing types.

Mb-MBR
05-15-2014, 05:45 PM

been in business for 50 plus years without a problem. go to renew the permit/license, and they demand 10% of the business.

at first we assumed they would pay far market price. but no, they wanted it for nothing.

this is a major problem facing a lot of small business(large as well), that are forced to deal with FNs currently.

as a country, we would all be better off if there was 1.5 million "brownbomber" types out there. instead of the current, something for nothing types.

Careful what you ask for................the "BB types" you speak of just got their rights recognized and they're in the process of ratcheting up their new found recognition.

Having said that I understand your frustration. After all we know what its like to have something stolen from you, legally or illegally.

plmnnkoqaz
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM

We will receive 5 billion, but Albertans contribute 20 billion more than we collect.
Quebec on the other hand recieves 15 billion more than it contributes.
Numbers should be close, based on a quick google search.

HunterDave
05-15-2014, 09:35 PM
We will receive 5 billion, but Albertans contribute 20 billion more than we collect.
Quebec on the other hand recieves 15 billion more than it contributes.
Numbers should be close, based on a quick google search.

That's quite a can of worms to open up.....lol!

If you talk to separatists in QC, their argument is that they are getting ripped off because they send Ottawa more in federal taxes than they get back in transfers and equalization payments. They don't understand that everyone in every province pays federal income tax but not all provinces receive equalization payments. This is how they think that QC would survive without transfer and equalization payment, just keep the federal tax that they usually send to Ottawa. I'm not going to do the math.......I'm not even going there.

leeaspell
05-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Hmmmmm. Lets see. Put $100 billion in, get $5 billion back. Pretty good deal, ................for somebody! :thinking-006:

Like playing the vlt's lol. Fyi, I'm not in favour of any of it

braggadoe
05-16-2014, 07:38 AM
Careful what you ask for................the "BB types" you speak of just got their rights recognized and they're in the process of ratcheting up their new found recognition.

Having said that I understand your frustration. After all we know what its like to have something stolen from you, legally or illegally.

yes frustrating, but nothing was ever stolen from us. agreed too hire two local FN's and received another 50 year lease.

put up a table at the local job fair. no one showed up, no one applied.

roper1
05-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Stolen from you legally ? Now that's an oxymoron.

elkhunter11
05-16-2014, 09:30 AM

Exactly, I keep hearing that we have to honor the treaties, but the simple truth is that no native actually wants us to honor the treaties as written. When any group, be it the natives, or any other ethnic group, or Quebec, whines and cries , our government is quick to give them legal concessions. Those concessions have evolved to the point, where the interpretation of the treaties, has been manipulated so much, that the current interpretations , hardly resemble the wording of the treaties as written.

Many companies have done the same, bending over backwards to appease the natives in the region, in order to make land access deals , for further development. The first response when a company asks to access more land is always that it will hurt the environment, and all kinds of health issues are suddenly discovered as a result of the existing development. Then the same process starts, where the company offers more money, and promises more work for the natives of the region. Then, when the deal get's sweet enough, the environmental and health concerns are forgotten, and a deal is reached. In the end, it always comes down to money, and nothing else seems to matter.

As to the number of native people in the workforce, many native people do work, just like most other Canadians. However , there are still many issues with unemployment in the region where I myself am employed. The oilsands companies have made huge efforts to employ native people, they fly the workers to and from their communities, and some have enacted aboriginal employment programs. I have first hand involvement with an aboriginal apprenticeship program, where many native people were offered apprenticeships in the trades. However, the program has now been suspended, because over 90% of the first group of apprentices has either quit the program, failed out of the program, or have been terminated for various reasons.

We now have a country divided, where the law is different, for different people , and there will never be equality for all Canadians. This nonsense just keeps on happening,. and I have no hope that it will ever end. The end result, is that the racist, laws that have been enacted, are causing racism to grow, more and more every day, and this is turning more and more Canadians against each other, rather than uniting them.

brownbomber
05-16-2014, 12:53 PM
^^^

I've had 7 swampers in the last year, I've seen first hand with these kids not showing up for work, not performing, not being up for it. So should I judge them by where they are from and what group they belong too? Nope, just kids with poor work ethic.
That's kinda what you get with the native make work project, or let's get you in a trade program. Most good guys already have a job and the ones that this attracts are the dregs that can't cut it elsewhere, it's a poor evaluation method.
I know many people who have worked in the same industry or same company for many years. But since we are keeping things fair that could be more the company I keep than a true reflection of life?
Generalizations and stereotypes can be made about any identifiable group and there is a nugget of truth in it all, but it's up to the individual to decide at what point it becomes real and what part is urban legend.
I know what I know and I know that sometimes my viewpoints can become skewed by what I want to see. Like in my previous post perspective is a funny thing.

Mb-MBR
05-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Stolen from you legally ? Now that's an oxymoron.

As I said in a previous post, if anyone and I mean anyone thinks this country was handed over as stated in the treaties, then they're delusional. Who would give up a country with the wealth of resources this country has only to be put on swamp land??????

It was deception at its highest level and lawyers and speculators claim its legal. Same goes for Metis Script. Absolutely ho honour from the crown in either of those processes and the Supreme Court has agreed on numerous fronts.

marxman
05-16-2014, 03:57 PM
As I said in a previous post, if anyone and I mean anyone thinks this country was handed over as stated in the treaties, then they're delusional. Who would give up a country with the wealth of resources this country has only to be put on swamp land??????

It was deception at its highest level and lawyers and speculators claim its legal. Same goes for Metis Script. Absolutely ho honour from the crown in either of those processes and the Supreme Court has agreed on numerous fronts.

Not delusional it really happened and the treaties make no bones about it. No deception involved although the take it back if we feel like it clause on every benefit is dishounorable. The treaties were not really negotiable they made it clear the land was claimed by the crown and law of the dominion of canada was in force agreement or no. The purpose was pacification not ethnic cleansing or assimilation. Somebody was going to claim that land

Mb-MBR
05-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Not delusional it really happened and the treaties make no bones about it. No deception involved although the take it back if we feel like it clause on every benefit is dishounorable. The treaties were not really negotiable they made it clear the land was claimed by the crown and law of the dominion of canada was in force agreement or no. The purpose was pacification not ethnic cleansing or assimilation. Somebody was going to claim that land

Well the only other option would have been the French and being a Habs fan..................................:thinking-006:

rwm1273
05-16-2014, 08:47 PM

Drewski

X2

rwm1273
05-16-2014, 09:02 PM
^^^

I've had 7 swampers in the last year, I've seen first hand with these kids not showing up for work, not performing, not being up for it. So should I judge them by where they are from and what group they belong too? Nope, just kids with poor work ethic.
That's kinda what you get with the native make work project, or let's get you in a trade program. Most good guys already have a job and the ones that this attracts are the dregs that can't cut it elsewhere, it's a poor evaluation method.
I know many people who have worked in the same industry or same company for many years. But since we are keeping things fair that could be more the company I keep than a true reflection of life?
Generalizations and stereotypes can be made about any identifiable group and there is a nugget of truth in it all, but it's up to the individual to decide at what point it becomes real and what part is urban legend.
I know what I know and I know that sometimes my viewpoints can become skewed by what I want to see. Like in my previous post perspective is a funny thing.

I too have had some varied experiences with some younger employees. And when I worked up north, some of the best employees I had were native. However so were some of the worst.

CanuckShooter
05-16-2014, 09:11 PM

10%??

Like a Tax, Duty, Assessment or perhaps a Royalty?? Isn't that what ALL levels of Governments do? Collect $$ from businesses that make money within their territories??

Perhaps your just surprised because of their oversight in collecting in previous years?
:thinking-006:

sns2
05-16-2014, 09:46 PM

Questions???

You have always struck me as a heck of a smart guy and I have appreciated our reasonable exchanges of ideas. You have my respect.

avb3
05-16-2014, 11:55 PM

Questions???

I bet you have been called apple more then once. And also bet it is an insult you ignore.

brownbomber
05-17-2014, 08:53 AM
I bet you have been called apple more then once. And also bet it is an insult you ignore.

A couple times but it's not usually something say to my face. I'm not really one to tolerate rude behaviour.
Something I've seen in my community is great divide between haves and have nots, the divide used to be familial but it's now economic.
Personally I think many workforce issues have changed, a lot easier for me to blend in than my dad or grandpa, not that it's all roses. I've worked places where I felt that I had to work twice as hard for half the acceptance but that like society is changing. A lot of misunderstandings are caused not by hate but just ignorance, many people don't really know and when they do learn and understand each other things really do change.