PDA

View Full Version : opening day.

waterninja
05-14-2014, 04:29 PM
anyone else heading out on thursday. we will be heading to wab. to see if we can kick off the season properly. see you on the water.

YeeHaw
05-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Im guessing Wab is going to be busy as hell tomorrow. Went out the other day and scouted around to find where the fish are holding. With a little luck the rain will stay away, and my old co-pilot im taking might actualy catch somethin.

JohninAB
05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
If the wind is sensible I will be stylin on Wab tomorrow as well.

Lund rebel
05-14-2014, 05:14 PM
Mee as well looks like I need to help out at work for a few mins in he morning and then will be out.

YeeHaw
05-14-2014, 05:26 PM
If the wind is sensible I will be stylin on Wab tomorrow as well.

I heard a rumour you might be out there. If im not having any luck, i'll be following you and your co-pilot around.

wags
05-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Uummm...I'll be uuhhh... working!:thinking-006:

Cheers

SnoochyBoochy
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
If anyone needs an extra co pilot lemme know!

Cheers

:acigar:

RavYak
05-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I was going to go but the weather doesn't look like it is going to cooperate. Hopefully can get some work done tomorrow and take Friday off instead.

chriscosta
05-14-2014, 11:35 PM
You guys suck im jealous lol ...good luck I am looming forward to seein some wab pics tomorow night

Lund rebel
05-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Well the wait is over its the 15 th

Good luck everybody, have fun and stay safe

ETOWNCANUCK
05-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Hoping everybody who goes out today has great luck.

YeeHaw
05-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Been a slow day at wab so far. Eleven in the boat between two of us. Wind is wicked from the west, making it hard to fish.

Lund rebel
05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I was gonna post I can officially say I have fished the ocean after today. It was tough day of fishing only boated 1 fish smaller pike lost 3 on way in but it was so windy we could hardly get around the lake.

THERICARDO
05-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Graffy and myself were out also today! Was nice meeting both Yeehaw and Waterninja... Was windy so we stayed in bay while day... Not 1 fish over 39 but we boated 28 and 26... Shut her down and got home an hour ago... Nothing was really consistent, caught most on Rattling Raps... Silver and blue were best, some luck with Chartruse... Tomorrow hopefully is better...

JohninAB
05-15-2014, 06:14 PM
I never ventured out today due to weather and unavailability of copilot. Tomorrow I will be out there with or without my copilot!

Geezle
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
I never ventured out today due to weather and unavailability of copilot. Tomorrow I will be out there with or without my copilot!

I'll be there...come Hell or high water, I'll be there! :evilgrin:

Geezle needs a mental health break :o

JohninAB
05-15-2014, 06:37 PM
I'll be there...come Hell or high water, I'll be there! :evilgrin:

Geezle needs a mental health break :o

Excellent!

Lund rebel
05-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Me to hoping for a better day, anyhow was a good day to test my new auto pilot motor. Can hold the boat anchored in that wind

See you tomorrow

the local angler
05-15-2014, 07:27 PM
opening day i hit the red deer river and caught a bunch of goldeye's, walleye's, burbot, and something unusual. i got a bite so i set the hook and after a few feet i got snagged so i did some pulling in a different position and managed to get it free and continued to reel in my catch. but the thing is it was coming in kinda weird until i got it to shore and to my amazement it was a friggen huge clam the size of my palm. the even funnier thing is it didn't hit any of my baits but latched onto the weight. i got a good laugh out of it and as far as i am concerned it still counts lol.

YeeHaw
05-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Me to hoping for a better day, anyhow was a good day to test my new auto pilot motor. Can hold the boat anchored in that wind

See you tomorrow

Was that you in the sweet black Lund in the bay this morning?

YeeHaw
05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Graffy and myself were out also today! Was nice meeting both Yeehaw and Waterninja... Was windy so we stayed in bay while day... Not 1 fish over 39 but we boated 28 and 26... Shut her down and got home an hour ago... Nothing was really consistent, caught most on Rattling Raps... Silver and blue were best, some luck with Chartruse... Tomorrow hopefully is better...

Good to meet you as well, we ended up with 19 total, niggest was only 28. Most were caught when we headed accross the lake.

Lund rebel
05-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Was that you in the sweet black Lund in the bay this morning?

Well maybe, my boat is black lol, which were you in? I remember seeing a misty river and a couple lands. I was trying to learn how to drive the auto pilot motor while giving still trying to give everybody there room.

THERICARDO
05-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Just re read my post, biggest was 29 not 39 haha sorry everyone

YeeHaw
05-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Well maybe, my boat is black lol, which were you in? I remember seeing a misty river and a couple lands. I was trying to learn how to drive the auto pilot motor while giving still trying to give everybody there room.

Yes, that was my Misty River, had Waterninja with me in the front for dead weight, seeing as he couldn't catch hardly anything. Sweet Lund you got there. Trade ya!!!! Lol

waterninja
05-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes, that was my Misty River, had Waterninja with me in the front for dead weight, seeing as he couldn't catch hardly anything. Sweet Lund you got there. Trade ya!!!! Lol
won't dignify that comment with a response. damn i just did.

enjoy your rare moment of glory while you can.

YeeHaw
05-17-2014, 10:01 AM
won't dignify that comment with a response. damn i just did.

enjoy your rare moment of glory while you can.

Rare moment????? Bahahaha!!

Graffy91
05-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Was nice to see you guys out on the water too, (Yeehaw, waterninja)

I made my way out on Friday evening as well again, weather complied much better than it did on Thursday.

Landed 13 in total, nothing bigger than 3 lbs. Just chucked spoons in shallows with weeds, very aggressive, just no size.