PDA

View Full Version : Worth trying my luck at Wasa Lake, BC?

ub3rst4r
05-15-2014, 05:09 PM
We're headed out to Wasa Lake for the May long weekend and I've been reading some mixed reviews on the fishing there. I've been there many, many years ago and I remember it was just a small lake and full of (show off) boaters. I'm more interested in the fishing than boating but I'm wondering if its worth it? I have a dingy but I'm not sure if it's safe to be on it in Wasa Lake? Can you fish from shore (and actually catch fish)? The reason I'm asking is because if it's not worth it, then I'm not going to waste $55 on a BC fishing license.

Trooper23
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Premier lake is very close to there (just east of Scoocunchuck) and way better fishing. Great for fly rods or trolling. Only thing is no fishing from the dock or shore.

nick0danger
05-15-2014, 06:25 PM
lazy lake is not far, and has good fishing.

Fishhunter
05-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Went to wasa last summer for two hours and just hammered the bass and perch must have caught 4 bass 3 lbs plus and a hundred perch and nice perch too.sunfish also and they fight pretty good.i am defiantly going back this summer.

bubba 96
05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Bass and bass hit it up, but yes crazy boaters there, quieter lake close by is jimsmith lake, holds bass as well and no motors....

bubba 96
05-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Bass and bass hit it up, but yes crazy boaters there, quieter lake close by is jimsmith lake, holds bass as well and no motors....
Kokanusa lake is very close by as well