PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Sudanese woman sentenced to death for refusing to return to Islam

rugatika
05-15-2014, 06:05 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27424064

"We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death," the judge told the woman, AFP reports

The judge also sentenced the woman to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid under Islamic law.

This will reportedly be carried out when she has recovered from giving birth.

Scratch the Sudan off my vacation list.

twofifty
05-15-2014, 06:11 PM
ditto.

Guess that's what a country is like when everyone has to be the same: religion, language, thinking, etc.

Here's an idea. Canada's army is not doing much these days, and viola, a country with people in need of saving makes the headlines. Let's go!

sns2
05-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Guess who's coming to Canada?

fordtruckin
05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
And this is surprising coming from that part of the world??

connexion123
05-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Tolerant folk there.

I'm praying for her

Badgerbadger
05-15-2014, 09:47 PM

I'd sponsor her. Heck, my family came from places where here was way better.

elkdump
05-15-2014, 10:04 PM
I would gladly offer the judge a free 3 day bear hunting trip in the mountains with me, all-inclusive ,
I know some incredibly remote places,,,
where him and I could interface without disturbing anyone,,,

Jimboy
05-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Thats why them countrys are always fighting , their stupid relidgion , and their bringing that crap to our country now, to a city near you.
How many temples in calgary now , LOTS

altex
05-16-2014, 05:57 AM
Agree with Jimboy 100%.

SKSniper
05-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Thats why them countrys are always fighting , their stupid relidgion , and their bringing that crap to our country now, to a city near you.

Can you really blame them for wanting to escape those crappy countries?

I agree however, if this crap starts happening over here, it will get ugly. There was already that father/son duo from Toronto a few years ago that murdered their daughter/sister for taking to the western lifestyle too much....sad world we live in.

Grizzly Adams
05-16-2014, 07:19 AM

They've already brought this line of thinking to Britain.

Grizz

roughneckin
05-16-2014, 07:41 AM

Don't let one bad apple spoil the entire pie. They are not all bad and everyone who has come to Canada has brought their religions along with them. That is a main reason folks emigrated here to start with. Well at least after the US stopped being a penal colony...

TomCanuck
05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
is, there is no central organization to rein in it's many red-necks. The result is barbaric acts like this. A lot of them stopped evolving socially about 600 years ago it seems.

Then again, you sometimes gotta wonder what the Western world is evolving into.

twofifty
05-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Seems incredible but it was about 10 years ago that Ontario was looking
at allowing the use of Sharia family law for certain immigrant communities.
Don't remember how it is that the govt. came to its senses, but it did.

Dunezilla
05-16-2014, 09:14 AM
How much better are we over here? Think of some of the crap that has happened recently. Violence happens even when religion is not part of the issue.

Unregistered user
05-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Golly! Weren't we being led to believe that islam is a religion of peace and love?
Well I am dismayed. Better go read me a copy of the koh-ran and figger it out for myself. Was it not pres Obama who said "I slam, you slam, we all slam for islam"?

rugatika
05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
How much better are we over here? Think of some of the crap that has happened recently. Violence happens even when religion is not part of the issue.

?????

I'm trying to think of an instance in Canada where a Judge sentenced a woman to death for her choice of religion. Or where a judge sentenced a woman to 100 lashes for adultery.

I think we're a lot better, but I'm definitely open to listening to your opinion on the matter how we aren't much better.

greylynx
05-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I would gladly offer the judge a free 3 day bear hunting trip in the mountains with me, all-inclusive ,
I know some incredibly remote places,,,
where him and I could interface without disturbing anyone,,,

Uh, Like getting closer to God? Or something close to that?

Gee Elkdump, I never knew you were that religious.:):)

Happy Hunting.

tri777
05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27424064

"We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death," the judge told the woman, AFP reports

Welcome to the devils very own hand selected puppets!

twofifty
05-16-2014, 04:42 PM
We never did any witch burnings in Canada, but our neighbours got into it about 350 years ago.

Grizzly Adams
05-16-2014, 05:32 PM
We never did any witch burnings in Canada, but our neighbours got into it about 350 years ago.

But even they stopped shortly after.

Grizz

marxman
05-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Hey great stuff id forgot about that