PDA

View Full Version : Rogers cell tower lease agreement...??

Bushmaster
05-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Anybody have a Rogers cell tower on their land? A friend of mine has been approached by Rogers to put a cell tower on lands she owns and wants to know what the going rate is, if they are negotiable, etc ??
This is on farm land.

Thanks....she laughs her head off that I come here for advice !! :D

Beeman
05-15-2014, 06:36 PM
I have no idea what the going rate is but I think negotiating a free lifetime cell plan for everyone in the family might be doable.

albertahunter76
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM
my uncle was approached to have a Internet tower installed on his land and got free Internet for life

roper1
05-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Big Oil wanted to put a pipeline across my place. I said ' no thank you' they said oh come on you are just holding out for more money. I said ' no thank you' They put the line around the end of my place. depending on how rural your place is & how much you could use the cash are two big factors. Once they are your partner ( Caveat ) they will control the property. There is a really good land-use lawyer from Nanton named Keith Wilson that could give you some good advice reasonable. Good Luck

Jezter
05-15-2014, 11:27 PM
From Rogers you should be paid good monthly. I know companies like cci pay thousands monthly. Rogers should be able to pay that.

Gade81
05-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Know someone who gets 5000$ a year. Figures more is negotiable

Ruger1022
05-16-2014, 04:59 AM
From What I heard, depends on location, It can vary from $3000 to upwards to $40,000/per year. I would advise your friend to contact someone who has experience ie. Laywer. If your friend asks for too much I am sure the consultant will ask the closest neighbor. Wireless carriers pay many of their consultants performance bonuses for bringing in leases at lower rates and with favorable terms.

http://celltower.ca/wordpress/?page_id=861

-JR-
05-16-2014, 05:41 AM
$5000. per year.

Sundancefisher
05-16-2014, 06:04 AM
Not much difference in price from an oil lease although they absolutely need your agreement. Cell towers need to be placed in certain areas for coverage. If you give them too hard a time they will just go elsewhere and give the money to a neighbour.

Depending up in the tower size, location, land costs, inconvenience, visual eye sore etc. it could be between $3K to $30K. For a giant tower with options on neighbour lands they may offer $5-10K/year.

You can say no. An oil lease could still be built. A cell phone tower needs your approval.

Another option to consider is checking with other carriers to see if they want a tower there also. Getting multiple carriers mean each pays something. Then getting vilest to $30 K/ year is more and more likely.

Is it Mark approaching your friend?

Also nothing stops her from finding another similar tower on other farm land...knocking on the door and asking what they get.

Sushi
05-16-2014, 09:59 AM
I know of a very large Telus cell tower in a fenced compound enclosure on industrial land in the ft sask area that pays somewhere between $10K and $20K per year.

mooseknuckle
05-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Don't forget to charge them a "delivery" fee, administration fee, extra overcharge fee, etc etc

Red Bullets
05-16-2014, 11:40 AM
It could also be that you allow a tower to go on your land, but I would think that a letter of intent has to go to all adjacent landowners to also approve or make a case against.
It works like that in Leduc county. If a neighbor is developing anything comercial based, all the neighbors get a letter. I had the option to respond to a few letters that came to me when my new neighbor decided to develop an oilfield service next door. Must be the same with towers or transmission lines.

Dr. Phil A
05-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Free Annual upgraded phones for the family with data packages included. SMall consession as to what they make a day on a tower. Internet free as well.

Who pays the insurance? If they are farming around it and accidentally hook the guidewire and pull it down whose insurance covers it?

Figure in an inflation increase of 3% annually.

Additional costs to farm around it? Now you have 4 corners instead of a straight away.

Is the addition of the tower going to take away from the value of the quarter if they ever decide to sell?

Just a few things some of my clients have considered when dealing with Telus and Rogers.

KevGuy
05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Charge them "land access fees", "emergency 911 land access fees", "land activation fees" and then ask them if they like it.

Frustrated
01-26-2015, 06:50 PM
I have a tower just constructed on land I rent and would advise not to go through with it unless everything is in writing. We have had nothing but problems and still fighting them over what was promised and what has actually happened. Their response is that a lease was signed and basically they are not even attempting to work with us.
Has anyone else had issues dealing with Rogers on cell tower construction on their land?

ssyd
01-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Heh the timing on this is kinda funny to me. I just switched from Rogers to Bell because Rogers' coverage outside city limits is terrible.

pottymouth
01-26-2015, 06:56 PM
$40,000

loyaleddie
01-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Charge them "land access fees", "emergency 911 land access fees", "land activation fees" and then ask them if they like it.

:p

Ha ha ha....and then up the rates every six months or so....

Reeves1
01-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Was looking at a place to buy near Entwhistle (?) a long time ago (about 12 - 14 years ago ?) and there was a tower on the next property. (huge eye sore)
Talked with a guy working at the base of it. He told me the (microwave ?) from it causes cancer ? Do not recall the whole conversation.

Just a thought to add to the topic : up to you to check it out.

dmcbride
01-26-2015, 07:55 PM
It depends on location. High traffic areas will generate more money which means you will get more. Average country tower sites(guy tower) $2000.00-$10,000.

dmcbride
01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Was looking at a place to buy near Entwhistle (?) a long time ago (about 12 - 14 years ago ?) and there was a tower on the next property. (huge eye sore)
Talked with a guy working at the base of it. He told me the (microwave ?) from it causes cancer ? Do not recall the whole conversation.

Just a thought to add to the topic : up to you to check it out.

The RF radiation around the tower base is less than holding a cell phone by your head. The microwave antennas are directional and have about a 5 degree band width. These are the antennas that look like a big satellite antenna. There are lots of other antennas on cell towers but with less power. The big broadcast towers are the ones that pump out big amounts of RF but again they are designed to cover a big area and not focus harmful amount to the ground below the tower.

Reeves1
01-26-2015, 08:14 PM
The RF radiation around the tower base is less than holding a cell phone by your head. The microwave antennas are directional and have about a 5 degree band width. These are the antennas that look like a big satellite antenna. There are lots of other antennas on cell towers but with less power. The big broadcast towers are the ones that pump out big amounts of RF but again they are designed to cover a big area and not focus harmful amount to the ground below the tower.

What you posted rings a bell on what the guy told me.
However, I didn't like the look of it or want to take the chance on being near one.
Passed up on the place & got a place that I'm very happy to own, near Westlock.

WCTHEMI
01-26-2015, 08:55 PM
And we wonder why our cell bills are so high....:thinking-006:

Kim473
01-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Read this, from the USA but gives you a idea. Find a agent that deals with this stuff all the time and you should be golden from what it sounds like. I would drive around and ask a few people with towers on there land how much.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=452586&DisplayType=nested&setCookie=1

They can put it in my backyard if they want, I wouldn't mind say $ 5,000 per year or more.

Jalan
01-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Had one go up a couple KM from our place. Some of the neighbors freaked out about it and tried to get it stopped but it still went in. Bit of an eyesore, but now I have good reception. It's unfortunately where they built it but I don't own the land.

Maybe be prepared to have some neighbors not so happy at you.