PDA

View Full Version : Okanogan Cottage?

mcreg
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Looking to buy a summer cottage/home in the Kelowna/Penticton area! Planning to go to there next week to see what is available? Don't know the area really well, are ther any areas we should look at OR stay away from?
If anyone knows of any for sale, or that may be coming up for sale, I'd appreciate a PM. Thanks

slingshot
05-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Just bring your check book they all are available at a price

Bigdad013
05-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Don't know of any for sale, but Carrs Landing is a nice area, between vernon and kelowna, not to populated, that is my retirement plan :)

mcreg
05-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Don't know of any for sale, but Carrs Landing is a nice area, between vernon and kelowna, not to populated, that is my retirement plan :)

Thanks we'll be sure to check it out! I spent a summer in the Oyama area many years ago. We 're going to start there.
The only criteria we have is that the property is close (within an hour) to an airport.

elkdump
05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Thanks we'll be sure to check it out! I spent a summer in the Oyama area many years ago. We 're going to start there.
The only criteria we have is that the property is close (within an hour) to an airport.

just south of Penticton, look towards Oysoyoos and Oliver, same weather, more realistic prices

Red Bullets
05-15-2014, 10:36 PM
IMO Penticton still has the small town appeal where Kelowna has become a busy urbanized city. Kelowna is not really relaxing anymore. It is the biggest inland city in BC now. Summer traffic can be something to consider regarding being within the hour to the flyshack too.

Check out realtor.ca for a better idea of whats around.

Eddy62
05-16-2014, 06:01 AM
keremios and cardston BC

both these small towns are becoming very relaxing as all the youth are moving away from home, an hour out off penticton and there is some very good housing available at a good price, just my 2 cents and good luck on your search.

tranq78
05-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Looking to buy a summer cottage/home in the Kelowna/Penticton area! Planning to go to there next week to see what is available? Don't know the area really well, are ther any areas we should look at OR stay away from?
If anyone knows of any for sale, or that may be coming up for sale, I'd appreciate a PM. Thanks

I grew up in the Okanagan.

The favorite vaca/retirement locations are central & south Okanagan, Kelowna to Osoyoos. You pay top dollar for this. Winter is over after January or it never happens like in Osoyoos.

The best value can be found in the mid & north Okanagan. North of Oyama to Vernon, Armstrong, Salmon Arm & so on. Mara Lake is an absolute undiscovered gem that people don't talk about. The tradeoff here is that winter takes an extra 4-10 weeks to end.

So it depends what drives you. Value or resale price. If it's good value, go north. If you want good resale, go south. For resale don't forget the 3 most important ingredients in no particular order are (1) location, (2) location, (3) location.