PDA

View Full Version : Obed lake brown

Feddy
05-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Went out to obed today. Took a beating with the wind,cold, and whitecaps out there just did one lap but managed to get a brown landed. So besides the weather it was good for that lake. Not much showing up on the finder although. Campground was full just to let anyone know thst is wanting to head that way. I never went for perch so no idea on them out there as well.

buckbrushoutdoors
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Never been to Obed but can you take a full size fishing boat on the lake or is it electronic only?

Rikkles Fisher
05-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Don't be afraid to post pictures a good majority of us do enjoy and appreciate your pictures! !

Feddy
05-16-2014, 10:33 PM
I saw a guy out there today with a full size boat but most take aluminums or a smaller boat with a small gas engine then electric motor around. It gets ugly out on the lake almost everyday. Today was nice then the gust came and gone till dark. I've always putters around with my 30 lb elec but had my few scares out there thinking in wasn't gunna have enough juice to make it back to shore lol. Good luck Out there it's a tough lake to fish.and sorry rick didn't get a pic but it was just shy of six pounds and 23 inches long. One bite from three till nine today. Not much action

BeeGuy
05-16-2014, 10:52 PM
I saw a guy out there today with a full size boat but most take aluminums or a smaller boat with a small gas engine then electric motor around. It gets ugly out on the lake almost everyday. Today was nice then the gust came and gone till dark. I've always putters around with my 30 lb elec but had my few scares out there thinking in wasn't gunna have enough juice to make it back to shore lol. Good luck Out there it's a tough lake to fish.and sorry rick didn't get a pic but it was just shy of six pounds and 23 inches long. One bite from three till nine today. Not much action

Wow that is a fat pig of a brown. Well done!

RavYak
05-16-2014, 10:54 PM
I went to Wabamun and St. Anne today, both were very slow as well. 9 hours in the kayak today and only landed 2 pike and 2 walleye.

waterninja
05-17-2014, 07:06 AM
congrats on your brown. can be scary out on the lake when winds blow and waves rise.

Feddy
05-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Yeah you bet thx. That lake is always has waves and gusting winds during the day for at least a few hours. Here's a pic for ya guys. I was just kidding I always take one. Exspecially when it's a nice brownie.

Troutslayer444
07-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Whats the best gear to use in obed lake. Fished there once but didnt have much luck, but i was told I was in the wrong spots. Do you troll or anchor your boat? You dont have to tell me what you use, just want to know what works best, trolling? or anchored? Look forward to the replies. Cheers!

EZM
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Yeah you bet thx. That lake is always has waves and gusting winds during the day for at least a few hours. Here's a pic for ya guys. I was just kidding I always take one. Exspecially when it's a nice brownie.

Maybe the picture doesn't show it well - but that looks more like a rainbow to me. I see no red spots, or haloes and it does look like the tail has some spots .....

Battery
07-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe the picture doesn't show it well - but that looks more like a rainbow to me. I see no red spots, or haloes and it does look like the tail has some spots .....

Definitely a rainbow

Speckle55
07-17-2014, 02:37 PM
its a Brown guys positive

here is another one that we caught
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=133439&highlight=obed+lake

David:)

Troutslayer444
07-17-2014, 02:42 PM
its a brown definitely

EZM
07-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Could be - based on the picture alone - it's not easy to tell ..... nice slab anyways .... I have not caught a brown, here, since I've moved to the Edmonton Area some 8-9 years ago.

The browns down south look quite a bit different. The red spots are distinctive, as are the haloes. It might be the picture here, but it looks "pinkish" along the lateral line, and does look like there might be some spots on the tail.

Cool .......

fishinggeek
07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
The elusive obed browns. Lol.

DiabeticKripple
07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Could be - based on the picture alone - it's not easy to tell ..... nice slab anyways .... I have not caught a brown, here, since I've moved to the Edmonton Area some 8-9 years ago.

The browns down south look quite a bit different. The red spots are distinctive, as are the haloes. It might be the picture here, but it looks "pinkish" along the lateral line, and does look like there might be some spots on the tail.

Cool .......

i think its just a really silver brown.

tight line
07-17-2014, 03:23 PM
definately a Brown. Beauty!

binnzer32
07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
100% Brown

Mountain Guy
07-17-2014, 06:27 PM
spots on the gill plates say its a brown

fish99
07-20-2014, 10:07 PM
browns in lakes look very silver , the browns in barrier lake are all silver very little spots. nice browny.

Bow flyman
07-20-2014, 10:58 PM
I know that fish well. It looks exactly like the brown trout we catch in Glenmore Reservoir. Nice catch, btw.

patcha
07-22-2014, 12:38 AM
im heading up to obed on Saturday.ive never fished there or for brown trout for that matter.what are they hitting on this time of year.i was thinking flies behind a willow leaf or ford fender.i also heard that theres good sized perch in there.any advice or insight would be appreciated.thanks patcha

pickrel pat
07-22-2014, 02:45 AM
Spots to large for rainbow, and the tail is a dead give away.

TyreeUM
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
nice rainbrown!

greylynx
07-23-2014, 05:07 PM
You'll get em back one way or another Feddy. He He He.