PDA

View Full Version : 15 hp Johnson Help

mantleman
05-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Hello all...

Well after 3 yrs after a divorce, I was finally able to afford to pick-up a small boat and motor. However the starter cord is busted and I have 2 left hands and sausage fingers so I cant fix it myself...LOL. Does anyone know of someone who is reasonable to help me repair this? Boat shops want a arm and a leg and say they can fix it in July and I would really love to get back out on a lake before that.

I'm not looking for free just reasonable and figure that someone here might be able to help me out with this.

I am in NE Calgary. Thanks for your time:)

cube
05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
Any small engine repair place should be able to do it. I'm not from Calgary so can't give a specific location though.

Good Luck

Bushmonkey
05-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Hello all...

Well after 3 yrs after a divorce, I was finally able to afford to pick-up a small boat and motor. However the starter cord is busted and I have 2 left hands and sausage fingers so I cant fix it myself...LOL. Does anyone know of someone who is reasonable to help me repair this? Boat shops want a arm and a leg and say they can fix it in July and I would really love to get back out on a lake before that.

I'm not looking for free just reasonable and figure that someone here might be able to help me out with this.

I am in NE Calgary. Thanks for your time:)

Its really not hard to do yourself. Cost you maybe 3$ for new rope and 8$ for a new spring and about 30-60 mins to fix. Look on youtube, might be a video to show you how

BassDude
05-16-2014, 10:39 AM
http://youtu.be/RmCm4PD_E9Y

Yours should be identical to this - the spring is the hard part - but truly not that hard.....

dodgeboy1979
05-16-2014, 03:46 PM
alot of small engine shops will have recoils they have taken off junked motors, usually you pay about 25 bucks or so for a replacement.

oilngas
05-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Try Auto Marine just off McLeod to the east, and about 50th. ave they have been fantastic to me!!

kspoon1
05-16-2014, 05:29 PM
I live se cal if its just rope I would be happy to do for you ,

mantleman
05-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the replies... Going to try it first

Fishhunter
05-17-2014, 06:58 AM
The hardest part is making it trough the divorce,now just take lots of time to look at what your working on and really watch when you take it apart.most of these things can only go together one way,trust me you can do it and when your done go buy a new rod with the money you saved.

lannie
05-17-2014, 12:33 PM
The hardest part is making it trough the divorce,now just take lots of time to look at what your working on and really watch when you take it apart.most of these things can only go together one way,trust me you can do it and when your done go buy a new rod with the money you saved.

^^^That's some good advice^^^. I will add with-take many pictures so you have some reference when it's time to put it back together.