PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If You Skip Vehicle Registration For a Year?

Classic_Cool
05-16-2014, 07:43 AM
I only rode my quad twice last year and procrastinated on the registration until a whole year had passed.

I'd like to sort it out for the long weekend. I still have the renewel form but even that is expired and they didn't send another one. Will the registry just print one out or do I have to jump through hoops? Thanks.

Lefty-Canuck
05-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Without registration you have no valid insurance to operate the OHV....that is my understanding.

LC

AndrewM
05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Just take in your insurance and you should be able to re-register it no problem. They will have you on record as the last person to insure it.

hillbillyreefer
05-16-2014, 07:56 AM
No issue, just take your renewal form and insurance in, no different than any other time. You most likely don't even need the form.

roughneckin
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
No issue, just take your renewal form and insurance in, no different than any other time. You most likely don't even need the form.

X2. Did this with a motorcycle and a dirtbike. Never a problem. Didn't even have the ownership papers with me on the dirtbike and they still gave it to me.

Scott N
05-16-2014, 08:11 AM
As the others have said, no issue. If you don't have the renewal, bring your old registration, valid insurance, personal ID... you're good to go. The registry can print off a new registration card for you.

Smokey
05-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Did not drive my quad for 3 years, and it was no problemo.

Sooner
05-16-2014, 08:36 AM
If it was registered in Ab before, your in the system. Good to go. Just take your expired form in and insurance. Show some ID and done.

pickrel pat
05-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Without registration you have no valid insurance to operate the OHV....that is my understanding.

LC

you need ins before you can get registration, so It can be insured without being registered actually is my understanding lefty.

Unregistered user
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
So different from registering guns and ourselves as per the fire-arms act isn't it? The gun-grabbing hippies that try to equate the two can suck on it.

bubba 96
05-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Gotta bring in proof of ins, and there will be no problems registering it...

Snowdog
05-16-2014, 09:49 AM
yep just insurance for registration, take id and the old registration, mine is insured but not registered because I only use it on the farm not on public land, I keep the insurance on in case I put it through the ice clearing the skating rink on the pond.

huntinstuff
05-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Youre screwed

Ill start the bidding at $500.......do I hear $505??? Nope

SOLD!!!!

Grizzly Adams
05-16-2014, 03:05 PM
No big deal, trust me.:lol: Long as you got some old paperwork you're good to renew. I never do mine till It's time to take the quad out. Usually saves about half of the annual registration fee. :D No sense paying for time spent in the Big Bear Den.

Grizz

coreya3212
05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
You need proof of insurance and your drivers license. That's all. You do not need your old registration, the expired registration or the renewal copy they send in the mail.

Mountain Guy
05-16-2014, 05:56 PM
No prob.... a vehicle can be parked indefinitely and doesn't need to be registered. They won't know you drove it without registration :)

woods_walker
05-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered both of mine yesterday, did not have a copy of the old registration for one of them and it had not been registered since 2007, and the other one I had the old registration but it had not been registered since 2010. I had insurance pink cards for both, had to sign a form verifying the info for the one without the registration and after paying I was out the door with no issues.

whitetailhntr
05-16-2014, 10:20 PM
What does it cost to insure a quad? We just bought a used one from a friend.just wondering what it cost, I'm assuming you just need plpd?
We have just been using it on the acreage here but will be taking it out camping and hunting too. We've never owned one before.