PDA

View Full Version : Road closures to Forestry Trunk Road (south)

Simon96Taco
05-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm heading out camping to the Forestry Trunk Road (Livingstone River area) and am wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of the road closures to access the Forestry Trunk Road itself.

511 website says that Highway 532 (from 22/Chain lakes) west to the FTR is currently closed.

Does anyone know if the Township Road 101A aka the Maycroft road (the one just south of the Old Man River) on Highway 22 is open all the way?

Alberta highways still feeling the effects of last years flood!

Thanks in advance,
S

turbo mulcher
05-16-2014, 11:22 AM
The 532 is closed and gated ( under construction) The Maycroft to the 940 is open . Last weekend there were a lot of trailers parked already. There is still a lot of snow higher up so be prepared for all kinds of weather that mother nature has in-store for us.

anthony5
05-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Was open all of last year, so should not be an issue just yet, unless we get 10-12" of rain.

Simon96Taco
05-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Thank you both for the confirmation - was considering going west from Longview to the Highwood Junction (and then going south), but that looks like a much slower route to get that far south.

I'll stick to the Maycroft Road.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

turbo mulcher
05-16-2014, 11:30 AM
The high wood juct south is closed last I heard It was gated at Cataract .

Simon96Taco
05-16-2014, 11:50 AM
The high wood juct south is closed last I heard It was gated at Cataract .

Thanks for the heads up. I thought it may have opened for the long weekend and was was considering coming Home that route (to calgary). Combined with the 532 closure that would have made for a LOT of backtracking!