PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Saskatchewan - Walleye & Pike

tdandkl
05-16-2014, 11:53 AM
For the past 6 years my wife and I have been travelling to a Keeley Lake to go fishing over the Canada Day long weekend. This year we are advised that Keeley Lake is no longer taking daily camping reservations! This really upsets us as we love fishing in this lake.:sign0176: Being from Alberta, we are now in search of another lake in Saskatchewan that is good for walleye/pike ( like Keeley) with camping and that is worth the long drive from Edmonton.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we are not familiar with any other lakes in Saskatchewan.

bigshawner
05-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Nipawin/Tobin Lake. I always catch some nice Walleye and I hear the Pike and pretty large too.

silver
05-16-2014, 01:54 PM
I would think Dore lake would be just as close for you. I haven't fished it yet but by the talk on here it seems pretty good.

dodgeboy1979
05-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Dore is nice, Green lake, Waterhen all good lakes.

AK47
05-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Most lakes in Meadow lake provincial park area are great for that. I would go fishing there all my time if I could, but it is a bit far from Calgary:). But from Edmonton? You can do it every weekend:)

fordtruckin
05-16-2014, 10:04 PM
X2 on Dore. My aunts family owns several cabins on the south east side of the lake and it's a great place for pike. If I had the $$ and lived closer I'd definitely be looking for a place if my own up there!

bsnyder
05-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Come to BIG RIVER, only 6 hrs from Edmonton.Lots of fish in Cowan ,and Deleronde.Little pothole lakes everywhere.Good beeches at ZigZag and Ness, bestest fireworks anywhere on Canada day shot over and in the lake right here in town.Look up BIGRIVER on GOOGLE, lots of pictures and info:bad_boys_20:

tdandkl
05-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone! Quick question - how far is Dore Lake from Edmonton?

Also, I should have mentioned that I have a 18 1/2ft boat so the boat launch needs to be decent. What are the boat launches like at Dore and Delaronde?

As for Dore Lake - because the lake is HUGE does anyone have any coordinates as to where to go? Also, is there camping facilities at Dore Lake?

silver
05-19-2014, 05:40 AM
Thanks everyone! Quick question - how far is Dore Lake from Edmonton?

Also, I should have mentioned that I have a 18 1/2ft boat so the boat launch needs to be decent. What are the boat launches like at Dore and Delaronde?

As for Dore Lake - because the lake is HUGE does anyone have any coordinates as to where to go? Also, is there camping facilities at Dore Lake?

I pulled out my maps and took another look at it, Canoe is only about another 20 minutes up the road.

If you go to ifish Saskatchewan and then to sask lakes, you get quite a list. Pick a lake and you should see comments and hotspots.

THERICARDO
05-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Tobin or Last Mountain Lake