PDA

View Full Version : Tree removal in Calgary

elkfriend
05-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi, does anyone know a guy/company that removes trees at a reasonable rate? I have a couple of very large ones that need to be taken out, but i really do not feel like paying $1000 per tree (that was the rate in 2008) for a guy to spend a couple of hours with a chainsaw.

If anyone can help or has a lead, let me know!

cheers
chris

czechm8
05-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi, does anyone know a guy/company that removes trees at a reasonable rate? I have a couple of very large ones that need to be taken out, but i really do not feel like paying $1000 per tree (that was the rate in 2008) for a guy to spend a couple of hours with a chainsaw.

cheers
chris

I will jump in on this, we will need the same when we move into our new place in 3-4 months time, and I'm in Calgary as well (inner city). There's a 50+ ft tall evergreen in the front yard that takes up a lot of room, would like to get it out of there and maybe get an apple tree in or something.

Any tree fallers in the Calgary area? Does the person doing this have to be registered in any way? Will I need a permit as the land owner?

newguy
05-16-2014, 04:28 PM
many moons ago, i had to remove a couple large evergreen trees. there are companies that will do this for a smaller fee as they are "fostered" by a new owner who pick up most of the bill... i will look and see if i can find the company but i'd try calling the city in the meantime.

kspoon1
05-16-2014, 05:43 PM
I used company in cal called rugged mountain seemed good 403 273 4216 is number I have for them

hal53
05-16-2014, 07:07 PM

cheers
chris
shucks, if it's only "a couple hours with a chain saw" why don't you do it yourself?

Juggernaut
05-17-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm sure there are a lot of folks that would be happy to take your trees down for dirt cheap. Take into account that in the world of trees, you get what you pay for. The cheap ones won't have insurance, or WCB... Will very likely not follow OH&S and ANSI safety standards.

There is massive amounts of training involved in becoming a good arborist, not to mention massive money invested in the equipment.

As a Certified Arborist, I highly recommend using a real professional. In Calgary, IMO the highest quality of work is being done by Tree Frog. But check with Precise Pruning (out of Airdrie), Aspen, Aerial, The Arborest.

... Or ask the guy down the road with the hand painted sign, and risk the corner of your (or the neighbour's) roof getting torn off... Your fence getting crushed.... Or an uncovered worker getting hurt on your property....

benamen
05-17-2014, 09:28 AM
Someone in Lloyd minster got a discount contractor in to cut down a couple of their trees. Well long story short, the customer was out of power for a while and one of the workers ended up in the hospital.

75ft Arborist
05-17-2014, 05:18 PM
I can come take a look if you like. I haven't made up my hand painted sign yet.
Shoot me a PM. 90% of all front yard spruce trees can be felled. I can help you get it down and cut up if you like.

Those backyard big trees that are over $1000 sound like big poplars. Might have to be climbed and rigged or use a bucket. But i can still take a look and give you suggestions.

Haha Juggernaut! You better call me this fall with those goose hotspots.

Juggernaut
05-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Haha Juggernaut! You better call me this fall with those goose hotspots.

Cripes... I don't even know any hot spots out here yet!