PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Outdoorsman Forum Racist?

Northstar
05-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Why are racist remarks towards First Nations tolerated on this site? Are the moderators aware? Or is it just accepted now?

hal53
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
if you see a racist remark....report it....pretty easy?????

dodger
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
I'll sit this one out.

Dodger.

Kanonfodder
05-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Why are racist remarks towards First Nations tolerated on this site? Are the moderators aware? Or is it just accepted now?

You might want to tread lightly with your accusations those mods born on reserves may take offence

BeeGuy
05-16-2014, 06:45 PM
:sSc_hiding:

Hat in the Cat
05-16-2014, 06:46 PM
While there may be some bigoted attitudes on both sides of the conversation, most racist remarks are taken care of. While some people will never change their opinion, some of the dialogue does increase awareness of how both sides see the same issue.

I would like to think for every bad comment there are a dozen or more people reading the thread and gaining insight and perhaps even building common ground when discussing with others off the forum.

thirty-30
05-16-2014, 06:51 PM

^

leeaspell
05-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Just imagine if they were natives from the east lol

catnthehat
05-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Racist remarks towards first nations??
No idea it was happening , I think you should get a man on that right away!
PM Alberta Bigbore, I'm sure he is not aware.......:thinking-006:
Cat

Cement Bench
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM
gee al of 2 posts and you are an expert askig to clamp down on the racists, perhaps some of the remarks are just stating facts and asking questions and you are the problem to be gotton rid of,

try posting on those threads before you get in over your head,

some of us actually seek the truth

Cement Bench

KevGuy
05-16-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm staying out of this one.....

H380
05-16-2014, 07:24 PM

you're my hero !!

Northstar
05-16-2014, 07:31 PM
gee al of 2 posts and you are an expert askig to clamp down on the racists, perhaps some of the remarks are just stating facts and asking questions and you are the problem to be gotton rid of,

try posting on those threads before you get in over your head,

some of us actually seek the truth

Cement Bench
lol I check this site every evening. Long before I was registered. Im not asking anyone to clamp down on any posts. Simple question. WHY is it tolerated? :)

BGSH
05-16-2014, 07:35 PM
apparently I'm a ''Donair'' but i love being one, on the other hand pm Alberta Bigbore I'm sure he will take care of it.

catnthehat
05-16-2014, 07:35 PM
lol I check this site every evening. Long before I was registered. Im not asking anyone to clamp down on any posts. Simple question. WHY is it tolerated? :)
It's not, I'm not sure what you are referring to , unless you are speaking about the comment about a pack of Indian dogs?
What is one supposed to call a pack of dogs that come off a reserve, IF they came off a reserve?
Cat

elkhunter11
05-16-2014, 07:36 PM

Obviously the mods don't agree that the posts are racist or they would have dealt with them. Just because you don't agree with something that is posted, doesn't make the post racist.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 07:38 PM
It's not, I'm not sure what you are referring to , unless you are speaking about the comment about a pack of Indian dogs?
What is one supposed to call a pack of dogs that come off a reserve, IF they came off a reserve?
Cat

Go to any First Nations Thread. :thinking-006:

alacringa
05-16-2014, 07:42 PM

Really!? Usually you're the first one to jump in on contentious issues! I'm impressed at your restraint!

catnthehat
05-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Go to any First Nations Thread. :thinking-006:

You are going to have to be more specific, because when I used the search engine I got the first five threads DISCUSSING things about first nations, not bashing them.
Unless of course, you think that any mention of Indians is inflamatory and racial.
Ii use the term Indian BTW, because my status Cree and Chipewyan friends call themselves that, they agree with me that "first nations" is nothing but an over used, politically correct term that they do not approve of.
Cat

Winch101
05-16-2014, 07:48 PM
I doubt I have ever seen any truly racist remarks about any nationality
On here . I'm sure had there been , the mods have dealt with them swiftly .
There have been discussions about the political atmosphere in this
Country , disagreements on politics , religion , gender , legal issues but
For the most part civil and fair . If you want to see articles that wouldn't
Be tolerated on here go to the CBC News blog ...
If you disagree with comments based in fact , on historical events ,past
And current , that hardly makes them racist .

I submit an article from one of Canada's largest news medias . Is it racist
Is the context racist , it's about a thin line subject ,we assume based in fact .
Is the nature of the story true .

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/21/almost-half-of-canadians-do-not-support-idle-no-more-movement-poll/

You see this suggestion on here ,constantly, if you do not like heading or
The dialogue ,then move on to another subject ,post.
I'm not very thin skinned ,but as a fairly regular participant on this great
Forum , I'm a little insulted by the insinuation here .

hal53
05-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure the "R" word is the most over used word in the English language these days......

Mistagin
05-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Really!? Usually you're the first one to jump in on contentious issues! I'm impressed at your restraint!

Maybe he got 're-programmed' at banned camp :scared0018:

To the op: I'd be rather hesitant to label the whole forum as racist.
As has been pointed out, comments and people that exhibit such are dealt with pretty quickly.

zero
05-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Pretty sure the "R" word is the most over used word in the English language these days......

whats the r word? redskin?

Ken07AOVette
05-16-2014, 08:10 PM

Rigger?

connexion123
05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Oh my. Not sure what you're talking about northstar. Care to point out specifics?

Talking about other races is not racist.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 08:12 PM
I doubt I have ever seen any truly racist remarks about any nationality
On here . I'm sure had there been , the mods have dealt with them swiftly .
There have been discussions about the political atmosphere in this
Country , disagreements on politics , religion , gender , legal issues but
For the most part civil and fair . If you want to see articles that wouldn't
Be tolerated on here go to the CBC News blog ...
If you disagree with comments based in fact , on historical events ,past
And current , that hardly makes them racist .

I submit an article from one of Canada's largest news medias . Is it racist
Is the context racist , it's about a thin line subject ,we assume based in fact .
Is the nature of the story true .

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/21/almost-half-of-canadians-do-not-support-idle-no-more-movement-poll/

You see this suggestion on here ,constantly, if you do not like heading or
The dialogue ,then move on to another subject ,post.
I'm not very thin skinned ,but as a fairly regular participant on this great
Forum , I'm a little insulted by the insinuation here .

Winch101

"Default Terrorist talk not impressing Valcourt
I guess threatening the Feds doesn't go down that well . Terrorist talk
But hey what ya gonna do , put them in jail , there's no room in our jails .
They're full of the other half of the Band .
This is not going to end well for natives …."

roper1
05-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm not so sure about the racist thing. I have lots of discussion about hunting rights, old treaties, mineral rights, etc and have no problem keeping my shots above the belt. I quite respect some of the other guys points, just feel it is time for an update that somehow works for as many as possible. But let me think victim for a moment. A VICTIM is someone who cruises the internet for years just waiting for a chance to point out how someone inadverdantly might have hurt your feelings. The real name I want to call you would get me a time-out & you ain't worth it.

Grizzly Adams
05-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Winch101

If you don't like us, just go away and don't bother us. :D

Grizz

Winch101
05-16-2014, 08:27 PM
You think threatening to shut down the country by any means is
OK .Just because the Govt is not jumping to your agenda . That's
Terrorism . The jail comment .....hmmmm

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2011/01/22/16990386.html

You are going to have to do better than that . I , like a lot of people in this

Country because of their heritage feel a certain amount of shame , at how

Some groups conduct themselves . That's life

hillbillyreefer
05-16-2014, 08:29 PM
What's racist in that statement?

I think the problem is you don't approve of the reality of what winch101 is saying.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/hillbillyreefer/D0B9765D-8DFB-4D7E-AE97-26B430B8DB36_zpsiqd0wmwh.jpg (http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/hillbillyreefer/media/D0B9765D-8DFB-4D7E-AE97-26B430B8DB36_zpsiqd0wmwh.jpg.html)

Northstar
05-16-2014, 08:41 PM
What's racist in that statement?

I think the problem is you don't approve of the reality of what winch101 is saying.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/hillbillyreefer/D0B9765D-8DFB-4D7E-AE97-26B430B8DB36_zpsiqd0wmwh.jpg (http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/hillbillyreefer/media/D0B9765D-8DFB-4D7E-AE97-26B430B8DB36_zpsiqd0wmwh.jpg.html)

Please tell me you don't think his post is reality?:snapoutofit:

schmedlap
05-16-2014, 08:42 PM

As has been pointed out, comments and people that exhibit such are dealt with pretty quickly.
x5. To the OP, I guess if anyone dares to dissent from the narrow and self-interested prognostications of some of the FN "leadership" (kleptocracy?) that is now "racist" (?). The point of a forum such as this is, at least in some ways, honest "debate", is it not? God forbid (a mere colloquialism, by the way, given that I am a "non-theist" - the current pc term for those who think religion is crap) that anyone would dare to express actual honest opinions in a politically incorrect, "insensitive" way. Actually, we still live in a democratic society (last time I checked, though this increasingly seems to be threatened?) where "freedom of expression" is not only allowed, but maybe even sometimes valued (?). I know that accepting that everyone in the world doesn't have exactly the same viewpoint as you is very hard (?). If you have some examples of actual "racism" being expounded and not repressed, then please enlighten all of us, and the mods, with some specific examples. I think you will be very hard pressed to find real ones, but...?

Kurt505
05-16-2014, 08:46 PM

Yes.

Next question.....

marxman
05-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Winch101

if you are going to tell a contentious truth i think it should be nothing but the truth and this is not that

Northstar
05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Yes.

Next question.....

Thank you. Somebody being honest.

oldgutpile
05-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Honest, or just the answer you wanted to hear?

Northstar
05-16-2014, 08:58 PM

I am not labelling the forum as racist. I would not post here if I thought so. I am simply asking a question. I think it really embarrasses the Forum, Really.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Honest, or just the answer you wanted to hear?

Don't worry, I sensed his sarcasm.

hal53
05-16-2014, 09:00 PM
I am not labelling the forum as racist. I would not post here if I thought so. I am simply asking a question. I think it really embarrasses the Forum, Really.
I think it's embarrassing that you label us all as racists because you don't like "something" you read ???...who is racist here???????

Kurt505
05-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Thank you. Somebody being honest.

Dude, people have opinions, not all are the same.

There are some laws that apply to to the white man that don't apply to the FN that I don't agree with, does that make me racist?

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:04 PM
I think it's embarrassing that you label us all as racists because you don't like "something" you read ???...who is racist here???????

LOL Where did I label AO racist?

hal53
05-16-2014, 09:05 PM
LOL Where did I label AO racist?
see post #1

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Dude, people have opinions, not all are the same.

There are some laws that apply to to the white man that don't apply to the FN that I don't agree with, does that make me racist?

Absolutely not.

stemorholake
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM
You know Mr. Northstar, people like you get under my skin sooooooo bad, everything has to be politically correct or it's racism or prejudice. I am a Christian, French, Native Canadian or as my friends call me "a Bible thumbing red skinned frog" now in your eyes, there has been a grave injustice done to me by them calling me such horrible attrocities. Come on man put your helmet on and give your head a shake. I believe in total freedom of speech even if that speech is hate speech, we are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are and if you do not like the ones on this site then take a freaking hike. Or sorry take a brisk leisurely stroll.

Steve

rwm1273
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Got room behind that couch for me too?

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM
see post #1
Nice try

greylynx
05-16-2014, 09:09 PM

The moderators do not tolerate "race baiters".

We are too intelligent on this forum to feed you.

Go Away, or some magic will happen. "Poof" and no more posting for you.

Bye Bye.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:12 PM
You know Mr. Northstar, people like you get under my skin sooooooo bad, everything has to be politically correct or it's racism or prejudice. I am a Christian, French, Native Canadian or as my friends call me "a Bible thumbing red skinned frog" now in your eyes, there has been a grave injustice done to me by them calling me such horrible attrocities. Come on man put your helmet on and give your head a shake. I believe in total freedom of speech even if that speech is hate speech, we are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are and if you do not like the ones on this site then take a freaking hike. Or sorry take a brisk leisurely stroll.

Steve

I asked a simple question because of what I see on this forum. Sorry it bothers you so much. :)

rugatika
05-16-2014, 09:13 PM
rac·ist /ˈrāsist/
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists

1. a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Maybe before people dilute the meaning of the term any more than it already has been they should learn what it means.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:13 PM
The moderators do not tolerate "race baiters".

We are too intelligent on this forum to feed you.

Go Away, or some magic will happen. "Poof" and no more posting for you.

Bye Bye.

Tell me how this is "race baiting"

huntinstuff
05-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Really

3 years on the site and racism is the best you can do

I have never been offended by ANY of the comments Ive read about FN people

Never

rugatika
Tell me how this is "race baiting"

You have hurt my feelings. I am offended that based on one loose association (AO forum members) you would slander a whole group of people. Absolutely disgusting and you owe everyone an apology. I wonder if your actions would be considered a hate crime?

(sarc off btw)

Northstar
Im sure this thread will be deleted like the others. I thought I would ask. The ignorant posts towards FN people on this site are very common and unfounded.

huntinstuff
05-16-2014, 09:20 PM
It should be deleted for lack of imagination

hal53
05-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Im sure this thread will be deleted like the others. I thought I would ask. The ignorant posts towards FN people on this site are very common and unfounded.
Yah...but we like it like that here ...and we all get along, time for you to get back under your bridge, it's after 9, good night

CanuckShooter
05-16-2014, 09:22 PM
rac·ist /ˈrāsist/
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists

1. a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Maybe before people dilute the meaning of the term any more than it already has been they should learn what it means.

Have you ever heard this saying: 'White men cannot dance'??

What a lot of people call racism, is actually stereotyping.

rugatika
05-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Have you ever heard this saying: 'White men cannot dance'??

What a lot of people call racism, is actually stereotyping.

Meh, it's not so much that I can't dance....I just choose not to. :)

But yes, I agree.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Yah...but we like it like that here ...and we all get along, time for you to get back under your bridge, it's after 9, good night

Thank you, Good Night

sns2
05-16-2014, 09:27 PM

X2

I couldn't give a rat's arse about the colour of a person's skin or last name. We all bleed red. People are people. In fact, I believe in complete equality. Especially when it comes to Fish and Wildlife.

If that's racist, I guess I'm a racist.

But don't make the mistake of labelling anyone who would want to have a reasonable discussion as a racist. This board is no more racist than the man on the moon only eats swiss cheese.

Get over it.

Northstar
05-16-2014, 09:33 PM
I couldn't give a rat's arse about the colour of a person's skin or last name. We all bleed red. People are people. In fact, I believe in complete equality. Especially when it comes to Fish and Wildlife.

If that's racist, I guess I'm a racist.

Jealousy is a disease! Get well soon!

Kanonfodder
05-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Not putting up with all this baiting, especially a member that decided today is the day race becomes his hill to die on after 3 years just browsing