PDA

View Full Version : Lake Deifenbaker May long weekend

Cruiser
05-19-2014, 07:12 PM
When did fishing become work!!! lol.. I have to say, Lake Deifenbaker was sure a challenge fishing for my first time and I would have to say.. the lake kicked my arse!

Very interesting lake but a little lake knowledge goes a long ways. I am not a pro Walleye fisherman, but I know how to fish for them, but not there I guess.

Bottom bouncers, trolling, shallow water casting did not work this weekend. I guess that is why it is called fishing and not catching!!!!

Hope others had a great long weekend fishing as well.

sanjuanworm
05-19-2014, 07:47 PM
It's ok. Spring walleye are not hitting. I did the same (all methods) at Travers today and caught 1 walleye and 1 pike.

Smokey
05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Ive been out there days where you catch a 20 pound trout, and others days you catch 140 fish between 4 guys and 7 different species. Then there are days you got no clue. But , Ive never had a bad day. Once saw my cousin nail sucker after sucker in a honey hole, while I pulled in perch, its a fun lake. Water levels and times of the year effect the lake so much.

perchie15
05-19-2014, 07:55 PM
When did fishing become work!!! lol.. I have to say, Lake Deifenbaker was sure a challenge fishing for my first time and I would have to say.. the lake kicked my arse!

Very interesting lake but a little lake knowledge goes a long ways. I am not a pro Walleye fisherman, but I know how to fish for them, but not there I guess.

Bottom bouncers, trolling, shallow water casting did not work this weekend. I guess that is why it is called fishing and not catching!!!!

Hope others had a great long weekend fishing as well.

Yes we use to go to that lake all the time about 2nd weekend in may, but stopped because of how bad early fishing was for that lake, not like its the only one.. but so we started to go about mid june, usually limit out for when we come back. last year we didnt but still nice to get out there, we go every year to the danielson park end, where were u at??

perchie15
05-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Ive been out there days where you catch a 20 pound trout, and others days you catch 140 fish between 4 guys and 7 different species. Then there are days you got no clue. But , Ive never had a bad day. Once saw my cousin nail sucker after sucker in a honey hole, while I pulled in perch, its a fun lake. Water levels and times of the year effect the lake so much.

X2

Cruiser
05-19-2014, 08:23 PM
We were at Saskatchewan Landing and yes the the water levels are real low as they are expecting alot of run off from the Saskatchewan River.

perchie15
05-20-2014, 08:02 PM
ahh i never been to sask landing, well hopefully they will drop by the time i get there mid une then woohoo :sHa_shakeshout:

RavYak
05-20-2014, 08:44 PM
It's ok. Spring walleye are not hitting. I did the same (all methods) at Travers today and caught 1 walleye and 1 pike.

I got 24 this weekend, guess they were hitting for me ;).

binnzer32
05-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Ya in lac st anne. Its as easy as fishing in a barrel.

I got 24 this weekend, guess they were hitting for me ;).

RavYak
05-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Ya in lac st anne. Its as easy as fishing in a barrel.

Try again, only 4 of them were from St Anne.

Many lakes in Saskatchewan are harder to catch walleye in then lakes around here. That is because you are actually allowed to eat them out there...

bobalong
05-20-2014, 09:22 PM
We were at Saskatchewan Landing and yes the the water levels are real low as they are expecting alot of run off from the Saskatchewan River.

Were you down as far as Swift Current creek

binnzer32
05-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Sorry pigeon lake...

Many lakes in Saskatchewan are harder to catch walleye in then lakes around here. That is because you are actually allowed to eat them out there...

binnzer32
05-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Sorry pigeon lake... even easier

Cruiser
05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Yes, we were as far East as tjhe Swift Current Creek. At the mouth of the Creek, there was only 5 feet of water.
We fished the rocks on the corner and then a little wasy farther East and then fished the North bank back too Sask Landing.

All the fish were on strike May long!!!!!

Habfan
05-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Used to go every may long to dief but was always slow for eyes, go to the fish farms for rainbows if u want action or go 2nd or 3rd week of June for eyes. The fish farm is by Birsay & the eyes are all over Coteau Bay !! Go back u won't be disappointed !