PDA

View Full Version : Sonar Installation

wildwoods
05-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey fellows. Having trouble with my new humminbird 597 ci HD di. The water temp, gps, and speedo work great. I can't get a consistent read for depth as it's bouncing all over the place and no bottom definition. I played with the angle of the transducer and settings like crazy to no avail. Does anyone know a good sonar installer? Id like a pro opinion. Thanks

Mister Muskeg
05-22-2014, 07:30 AM
If it's able to give you somewhat accurate data when anchored but gets all wonky when moving I'm willing to bet that there is something in the way that is creating turbulence such as a rivet.

I had similar problems with mine. I blamed it on the unit I had so I upgraded. When I mounted my new transducer I paid a little more attention than the guys that mounted mine and kept it away from the rivets and anything else that may create turbulence (thanks to advice received on AO) and it works fine. I'm sure the old one would work fine if I moved the transducer.

huntsfurfish
05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Hey fellows. Having trouble with my new humminbird 597 ci HD di. The water temp, gps, and speedo work great. I can't get a consistent read for depth as it's bouncing all over the place and no bottom definition. I played with the angle of the transducer and settings like crazy to no avail. Does anyone know a good sonar installer? Id like a pro opinion. Thanks

Where are u located? Take pictures of ducer and post.

thorne
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Is it new? That is an exact symptom of a burnt out transducer....as it it was running out of the water for a long period of time. Not saying it is....but is text book.

Sorry...reread....it is new....so disregard...