PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Reports on Crawling Valley...

floppychicken
10-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Going to be heading out there tomorrow for the last "Boating Trip" of the season and was wondering if anyone had been out there lately. Any info would be greatly appreciated ! :D

Cheers,

/FC...

floppychicken
10-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Anyone ?....

Winch101
11-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey....FC... I Just put the dog out 7 ish Sat.AM and man what a nice day ...

Gonna be in the mid teens and very little wind .....

The EID are doing a pile of work there , hope the launch is ok ....

Dont forget to take some pics and check the Duck Population .

Keep it down to a dull roar remember reef heaven ....:wave:

PlayDoh
11-03-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd call and talk to someone to make sure you can even launch. I was there early september and the parking lot was half torn up then. They could be done by now, but I don't think many people go boating at CVR at $1/L gas, so it wouldn't suprise me that the whole launch is Fubar.

I hope you know the water there well, and plan on staying on the deep-ish water. It was getting low when I was there, and I'd imagine its down a lot now.

Tight lines (anchor) lol

floppychicken
11-04-2008, 01:06 AM
It was slow out there ! Water must have come down pretty damn fast.... I could see about 3 to 4 feet of stained rocks and earth all around the Reservoir. The weather was KICK-ASS though ! A bit windy at first but it died down in the afternoon and it was like 'glass' over most of the water. It was a really nice way to close the boat fishing season down...

Boat launch was fine also. Docks on both sides were pulled out but there were lot's of rocks put in so getting to and from the launch wasn't an issue.

I gotta say, they did a good job on that parking lot. It was leveled out nicely and new gravel was put in as well. I can't believe how much they FILLED IN ! The 'hill' is basically gone now so I'm not sure how that's going to work but I would suspect that 'without trees' being planted, that place is going to be windier than EVER for the camping folk !

Cheers,

/FC....

floppychicken
11-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey....FC... I Just put the dog out 7 ish Sat.AM and man what a nice day ...

Gonna be in the mid teens and very little wind .....

The EID are doing a pile of work there , hope the launch is ok ....

Dont forget to take some pics and check the Duck Population .

Keep it down to a dull roar remember reef heaven ....:wave:

Yeah,

We kept it pretty slow just about everywhere. Stuff sticking outta the water all OVER the place and I DEFINITELY learned my lesson from the 1st outing with my boat LAST year... Ouch.

As far as Ducks were concerned.... WOW, they were freaking EVERYWHERE on the way there.... It seemed like every pond was FILLED with them ! My buddy and I were 'stunned' at the sheer volume of them on those small ponds all along the #1 Highway. Duck Hunting season is looking might good for you Hunters !

Cheers,

/FC...