PDA

View Full Version : RCBS electronic scale.

Mountain Guy
10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Howdy.
Had my first go round with a new RCBS electronic scale ( 750 )
Not sure.... I calibrated it and started loading bullets. After every charge it would not go back to zero.
I would just hit the zero button and do a new charge.
Is this right ?
Or are you supposed to re-calibrate every time.
I loaded a bunch and got to thinking afterwards that may not be correct.
Neither the instructions or their website make any reference to what to do when it doesn't go back to zero on it's own.

laker
10-31-2008, 09:24 PM
If I were you I would start over,you can use my bathroom scale.

Mad_Mikee
10-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Double check that a grain of powder didnt fall down under the base of the scale.

I've noticed that my scale is really sensitive. Even breathing on it while its weighing will throw it off.

When I have trouble zero'ing, I just put the pan on, let it go back to where it wants, then hit the zero button.

Mine has worked pretty good so far but I did have trouble with a lot of over pours when using the chargemaster combo.
Returned to RCBS for a new unit that works good.

Solothurn
11-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Electronic scales are sensitive to changes in barometric pressure, wind and electrical interference.
To have to rezero by pressing the zero button between charges is fairly normal.
Make sure your pan is on the scale before rezeroing each time. I found using an old pill bottle to dump my powder in, then transferring the powder to the pan that is sitting on the scale, makes for more precise charges.
Cell and cordless phones can give you goofy readings on the scale.
I did not use to believe the signs in hospitals, until I saw what they would make my electronic scale do.

7RUM
11-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I have a Lyman LE-1000. I know it is not RCBS but I find if I turn it on at least an hour before I start it works bertter. I am not sure if this will help with the RCBS or not.