PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know some good spots for walleye at forty mile?

Chuckles32
05-23-2014, 10:51 PM
I am entering the southern Alberta walleye trail again this year but have never fished forty mile lake and am up north working so I don't have time to pre fish it and was wondering if anyone knew of any areas that have had success in the past? I have heard it's a tough lake to fish and so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!!

Secret coulee
05-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Good luck with that chuckles a lot of people put in thousands of dollars between not working,fuel,camping fees,bait and the tournament fees as well to just pré fish to try to compete for daily averages,big fish,or weekend champ.this game is a personal pride,endevour to be champ and every spot found is a look over both shoulders can anybody see us landing a 50cm lol now lets get outa here so we don't sting this age class of fish that's holding this structure and hope they are there come tournament time,a lot of variables to just try to compete with some of these anglers because they are great in there own right and it usually takes a couple years to get into the swing of the sawt and the tough fishin lakes to try to catch squeekers but good luck and I hope somebody is good enough to try and talk you into a good spot through a PM just my thoughts sorry to be so bold but the truth.
Ps. Pré fish on chin with unreal weather has been Awsome compared to last years shi..y weather.shinner bite last 2 days for us all I can give anybody at this stage the evening before.good fishin everybody

Chuckles32
05-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Thanx bud and yes I do realize that it is a long shot and wasn't expecting anyone from the tourny to provide Info but maybe someone who has fished there just as recreation! I have years of experience on other bodies of water , chin being my most fished lake, but unfortunately have never fished forty mile, but I have had success finding walleye of good size on alit of lakes that I have never fished so hopefully I can repeat that. Reall sad I never made it to chin as there were alit of fish caught , my partner caught 13lbs of walleye and didnt even place, so it just goes to show that there were some good weights brought in!!