PDA

View Full Version : Hit the weather in the sweet spots

fluxcore
05-25-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm an avid walleye fishermen here, my previously uploaded pics prove I do great even on tough waters like cold where I found my limit as a first timer, yes I was lucky to be part of a monster that come out of gull....keep in mind I've pulled 8+ Lbers out of there and posted pics on here. The gull lake monster was a mistake I'll never let another fishermen on my boat without a licence ever! Anyways here is a nice little guy it's on for the season !!! http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/FLUXPOOR/image_zps646d4135.jpg (http://s915.photobucket.com/user/FLUXPOOR/media/image_zps646d4135.jpg.html)

Icatchfish
05-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Good fish but what are you going on about ? I'm confused

Kokanee9
05-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Do tell.

waterninja
05-25-2014, 08:10 AM
i'm confused also. is that the monster your talking about? why the rant about a non licensed passenger? very confusing, but since you cheer for the right football team i'll cut you some slack. lol

SCHOOCH
05-25-2014, 08:30 AM
LOL......glad im not the only one confused, but then i looked at what time it was posted.....might have something to do with everywhere post....nice fish though by the way

bloopbloob
05-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Wobbly pop induced, I'd have to agree! But still curious also about the passenger story. Get busted for no license? That's the one rule I enforce if I take someone with me. It's $25 for the year. The consequences far exceed the risk.

The Reel Deal
05-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Wobbly pop induced, I'd have to agree! But still curious also about the passenger story. Get busted for no license? That's the one rule I enforce if I take someone with me. It's $25 for the year. The consequences far exceed the risk.

Is there a rule about passengers not having a licence? I wouldn't be held accountable for anyone in my boat without a licence, that would be their responsibility?

bloopbloob
05-25-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure. I'd think if you knew they didn't have one and let them fish, you could get in trouble. If they said they had one, but they really didn't, I don't know! I'm curious myself if that would make you an accessory or something of that sort where you could be charged also?

I go by the assumption that I could be charged for anything my guests do as well, so If they are poaching, I could lose my boat and/or truck and gear, which is why I make sure they follow the rules as far as having a license, and following any size limits etc.
Anything else they chose to do, which would only affect them in the eyes of the law, that's their choice.

Kokanee9
05-25-2014, 09:47 AM
I think I remember the thread that fluxcore is talking about. It was a thread about a rumor of a new record walleye being caught in AB.

Fluxcore posted and the way he wrote his post, it made it sound like he was the one that caught it. After he posted, several people questioned him and he just kind of disappeared for about 6 months.

Everyone around here has seen my hunt for the monster walleye in gull and I've posted pics of 8lbers from there, ill post my record pics when I'm ready. Unfortunately it looks like it wont be a valid entry, keeping is almost a must for records thats just the way it is. I'm Not in any rush to post

As he wrote above, the fish needed to be kept to be a valid entry.

Gull lake does not allow any walleye to be kept.

Now he comes on and says that somebody else in his boat, didn't have a license, so it didn't count. This would make me think that the person who supposedly caught it, didn't have a license.

This story seems to be changing as more and more comes out. What's the real story here?

The way I see it is if somebody takes people out in their boat, they are responsible to make sure that the rules are followed. Some may call the incident "fishing without a license", others may call it an "oversight". "Poaching" is another term that comes to mind. While the owner of the boat may not get a ticket if this happens, they are still morally responsible and just as guilty in my eyes. The responsibility of taking people out in a boat should be taken seriously.

Nice fish by the way.

Kokanee9
05-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Is there a rule about passengers not having a licence? I wouldn't be held accountable for anyone in my boat without a licence, that would be their responsibility?

You are correct. They would be ticketed, not you.

bloopbloob
05-25-2014, 10:04 AM
You are correct. They would be ticketed, not you.

Are you sure? Any proof of this? I know from watching COPS (haha), the owner of the motor vehicle is responsible for all contents, whether they knew about them or not, if nobody else is willing to take the blame. It's your duty as the operator to make sure nothing illegal is in your car before you drive it. If you knew someone didn't have a license, and let them fish anyways, I have to think that is illegal somehow...? Or they want to keep a fish, and you don't check to make sure that it's legal for them to do so (licence/size) and put it in your boat. I truly don't know. I err on the side of caution, but I'd like to know the legislation on this.

SCHOOCH
05-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Ya you are not responsible for anyone but yourself in your boat when it comes to licensing......i always verify that everyone is licensed and usually put a copy of theirs along with mine in a ziplock bag in the glovebox just to make it easier and in case they ever forget to bring it. Having unlawfully caught fish in your boat is your issue and whoever is in the boat.

fish gunner
05-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Nice gull walter ...but its kind of average and a fish does not need to be kept for the record books . A very detailed process lets on enter ifga catch and release catagories which im sure if verified would give one the provincial record . Breaking the law ie nonretention will nodoubt disregard any record book entry ...but your a trophy hunter and know all that stuff ..right...

Kokanee9
05-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Are you sure? Any proof of this?

I ran into this 2 years ago when 1 guy that was supposed to come didn't want to get a license because he wouldn't be fishing for the rest of the year. (It was september) I called F&W and was told that I would not be ticketed if he was in the boat fishing. He would be the one to get ticketed.
The evening before going I called this guy again to see if he was ready and ended up leaving him behind because he still hadn't picked one up yet.