PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Slave Lake

Hooker
05-26-2014, 10:22 AM
For anyone up in that part of Alberta. Hope to be up there mid-June. How's the bite so far on the east end?

1bluZebec
05-26-2014, 12:41 PM
We are heading up there in the beginning of june here soon too. I wish i could help you out but ive only fished it once before so dont know it well at all. We will be staying at spruce point i too would love to hear of any places that may put us on some fish or give us a good chance anyway. thanks in advance.

pickrel pat
05-26-2014, 01:12 PM
early in the year the hotter action will be on the west end..(something like 80% of the fish spawn in the west river).... by the middle of july the fish are fairley disppersed throughout the lake and fishing will be good everywhere.(walleye). Can still be great action on the east end though.....no matter the time of year.

superuke
05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Mid June as long as you can get on the lake fishing is awesome.

Fished last weekend, we got a few nice walleye on the east end of the lake just trolling in shallow water. No bait used.

Safety D
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Wheres the best place to stay and rent a cabin near town of Slave Lake ?

Jamie Black R/T
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Big Fish Bay

superuke
05-27-2014, 08:04 PM

Norms Walleye Camp (780) 849-5204

Lund rebel
05-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Have fished it for the past 6 years sometime in June for a week, fish from Faust. You will find them in anywhere from 3 feet to 15 feet we find to be best averaging 6-8 feet. Find using a black jig head produces the best tipped with leach or minnow. Usually easy to fish boat out find the other boats and fish. Good luck

Just be alert out there big lake the wind can come up quick and get rough out there

Be up there June 10-17 ish this year

wellpastcold
05-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Mid June is prime time anywhere on Lesser Slave. The east end will have excellent fishing. You will not have to travel far. Most people launch in the river right by town. To the right or left of the river mouth is always consistently good fishing for walleye.

Shmag
05-28-2014, 07:08 PM
For anyone up in that part of Alberta. Hope to be up there mid-June. How's the bite so far on the east end?

Mid june as in the 13-14 or 20-21...just so you know the big anglers cup derby is running the 13th and 14th this year and the water will be boiling with BIG boats.

Definetly better fishing getting into july on most years....but by the middle of june there is still pretty good fishing. Just go right once you enter the lake and stay along the shoreline. Actually right side of the mouth as you enter the lake is usually a shallow sandbar. Most stay on the left side at the mouth and head out a couple hundred yards before cutting back to the right. Wish I had a dollar for every boat I see beached at the mouth that took the right side and cut it sharp. Anyways once your right on the shoreline in front of the first couple houses is usually good. And if you got a bigger boat just head about 5-6 miles to the grey house with the red roof on the north shore...that's a good spot as well

Hooker
06-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks folks for all the replies. I have been a bit busy lately so haven't been watching the board closely. I'm just as happy to be missing the big derby. The fishing calendar says the fishing should be hot on the weekend of June 21-22 so hope its accurate.