PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a critter?

JohninAB
05-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Got a new Motorguide Xi5 trolling motor with the built in sonar. Plug is a Lowrance plug coming out of the motor. 6 pin to be exact. I went on the Motorguide site and looked up what fish finders might work with it. Listed a bunch by brand name and the adapter needed to hook up to the trolling motor cable. Did not see the Lowrance model I was going to purchase listed as needing an adapter so I thought good to go. Ordered it but when it arrived, found out it has the 6 pin plug in but unfortunately both the trolling motor and fish finder are 6 pin male connectors. Is there an adapter that you can use to plug these two together or am I hooped and have to buy another fish finder?

Should have realized when I looked at the Motorguide site that the fish finders listed seemed awful dated and as such, should have researched a bit more.

EZM, no comments allowed from the peanut gallery either about should have bought a Minn Kota and Humminbird set up!!!

crf250xtom
05-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Got a new Motorguide Xi5 trolling motor with the built in sonar. Plug is a Lowrance plug coming out of the motor. 6 pin to be exact. I went on the Motorguide site and looked up what fish finders might work with it. Listed a bunch by brand name and the adapter needed to hook up to the trolling motor cable. Did not see the Lowrance model I was going to purchase listed as needing an adapter so I thought good to go. Ordered it but when it arrived, found out it has the 6 pin plug in but unfortunately both the trolling motor and fish finder are 6 pin male connectors. Is there an adapter that you can use to plug these two together or am I hooped and have to buy another fish finder?

Should have realized when I looked at the Motorguide site that the fish finders listed seemed awful dated and as such, should have researched a bit more.

EZM, no comments allowed from the peanut gallery either about should have bought a Minn Kota and Humminbird set up!!!
You made a good choice a hummingbird is half the sonar compared to a lowrance

Jamie Black R/T
05-26-2014, 11:46 PM
You made a good choice a hummingbird is half the sonar compared to a lowrance

Ipilot link [/thread]

Mudslide
05-27-2014, 12:30 AM
You're going to need a Lowrance "Pinpoint Module" to link your HDS Gen 2 or touch unit to your Motorguide Xi5 trolling motor. To my knowledge it has not yet been released, so for now the answer to your question is NO. Expected release date is soon. I think they're still working on the software. Can't wait to try it out.
Edit: If you just want to use the built in sonar transducer, then there are adapter cables available now. It doesn't look like there's a single cable for the HDS series (blue plug to blue plug) but I can't see them not having one so maybe I'm just not seeing it. What model Lowrance do you want to hook up?

mayuan
05-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Motorguide 8M4001959 Sonar Adapter

This might be that adapter you were looking for.