PDA

View Full Version : East Pit Lake

BugChuckingFlies
05-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Ok, so I have finally caught at the 3 lakes around me. Sauer, Chickakoo and Muir. Its time to venture out. So i figure I am going to head out to east pit.

Is it just Rainbows in there?

Anyone have any advice for this lake?

waterninja
05-27-2014, 01:06 PM
east pit is a very nice little lake, deep and clean and nice to walk around. my only advice is don't bring to much gear as there is one heck of a big hill to go down and back up unless you hike a fair distance through the field. good luck.

Dak1138
05-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Yup, just rainbows. Some of them can get pretty big.
I don't think there is any trick at this lake just do what you did at the other lakes and you should be fine. You may want to get some damsal nymphs, I have had some luck with them there although it may be too early for them .
It is also a good lake to wade in, but wear waders because pulling the leaches off the inside of your thigh will not be fun. Trust me.

fishinggeek
05-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes just rainbows that i know of. Caught a cutbow there last time thou. Lots of fish there to be caught and it doesn't winterkill so u have a chance at a bigger trout

pond jumper
05-30-2014, 09:53 AM
can you hike down with a fat cat float tube?

Pierre
05-30-2014, 10:37 AM
can you hike down with a fat cat float tube?

yup

Aaron Wright
05-30-2014, 12:08 PM
I was there on Tuesday with the belly boat and saw a ton of action from small stocked fish. Had to switch to a sinking line with a bigger hook to try and get under them because they were wrecking my flies. Only caught 1 of any size