PDA

View Full Version : walleye tags

BGSH
05-27-2014, 04:43 PM
just a quick question, not sure how dumb I am but if you got walleye tags for a lake,limited out and are camping at another lake that has walleye in I, can you bring those fish from the lake you got the tags for and have a fish fry at the lake your camping? if that makes any sense, thank you.

Lefty-Canuck
05-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Yes....but I would have photos of the fish at the lake you caught them, because the onus will be on you if stopped to prove they were caught where you say they were.

LC

hal53
05-27-2014, 05:03 PM
....or, why invite the hassle???, have some hot dogs, lol

Feesher
05-27-2014, 05:11 PM

^----- This !

Why travel with all that fish ? a lot of ice or a short distance ! lol even though Walleye on a campfire cannot be beat !

BGSH
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Yes....but I would have photos of the fish at the lake you caught them, because the onus will be on you if stopped to prove they were caught where you say they were.

LC

Thanks LC

AntlerAssassin
05-27-2014, 06:14 PM

This is the most logical resolution! And the funniest. Heh

Vigsy
05-28-2014, 11:42 AM
if your spending a week at a campground on one lake but your tags are for another within like 20 minutes does it not make sence to spend one day fishing the other lake and bring your fish back to your campsite? completly valid question he wasnt asking what we should have for supper he was asking how we could avoid any trouble. thanks LC for the only normal answer.
and to CBA and the others thanks for comin out.

BGSH
05-28-2014, 11:49 AM
if your spending a week at a campground on one lake but your tags are for another within like 20 minutes does it not make sence to spend one day fishing the other lake and bring your fish back to your campsite? completly valid question he wasnt asking what we should have for supper he was asking how we could avoid any trouble. thanks LC for the only normal answer.
and to CBA and the others thanks for comin out.

x2 pat and I were just talking about normal valid questions and about getting normal answers if anyone knew, hilarious sometimes bro.

RavYak
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM

Eat hot dogs instead of nice fresh fish???

You must not be very good at catching supper :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Yeah I would just take a picture of your catch at boat launch before heading back to campground.

Scotty P.
05-28-2014, 12:43 PM

LC

X2. I completely agree with your staement but I've always wondered why you have to prove the fish were caught legally instead of F&W proving you broke the rules?

Lefty-Canuck
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
X2. I completely agree with your staement but I've always wondered why you have to prove the fish were caught legally instead of F&W proving you broke the rules?

It would be your word agasinst theirs...easier to deflect blame by having some evidence to support your claim and save a trip to court!

Same reason last winter when I shot a mule deer in -35 temps and I took a pic of the deer in the back of my truck with a tag on it....just in case my tag blew off on the drive home.

Sad but some officers will pick all the low hanging fruit they can find...not all will, but some will for sure.

LC

Feesher
05-28-2014, 12:53 PM

It would be your word agasinst theirs...easier to deflect blame by having some evidence to support your claim and save a trip to court!

Same reason last winter when I shot a mule deer in -35 temps and I took a pic of the deer in the back of my truck with a tag on it....just in case my tag blew off on the drive home.

Sad but some officers will pick all the low hanging fruit they can find...not all will, but some will for sure.

LC

Both very good points, I have had an issue with Walleye caught in Sask, and coming back to Edmonton, The Fish cops took the fish and left with no charges ..... Weird !

RavYak
05-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Both very good points, I have had an issue with Walleye caught in Sask, and coming back to Edmonton, The Fish cops took the fish and left with no charges ..... Weird !

Even though you showed them Sask fishing license? I would tell them to get lost...

verado eyes
05-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Can u fill all 3 tags at once on the lake your drawn for?

Feesher
05-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Even though you showed them Sask fishing license? I would tell them to get lost...

We left the skin on the backs, we showed the sask fishing license , however we could not prove we were not fishing moose lake he said lol, My dad was upset lol lol !

That's what I meant by sometimes just not worth the hassle with some cops, some are great , some don't really care !

Vigsy
05-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Can u fill all 3 tags at once on the lake your drawn for?

yes

RavYak
05-28-2014, 01:06 PM
We left the skin on the backs, we showed the sask fishing license , however we could not prove we were not fishing moose lake he said lol, My dad was upset lol lol !

That's what I meant by sometimes just not worth the hassle with some cops, some are great , some don't really care !

Should have told him, innocent until proven guilty, do you really want to waste the courts time with this?

Feesher
05-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Should have told him, innocent until proven guilty, do you really want to waste the courts time with this?

My dad mentioned something along these lines lol, but not in such nice terms lol,

More like " you would look like an idiot in court " LMAO !

SCHOOCH
05-28-2014, 01:24 PM

I don't believe their allowed to confiscate anything without writing a ticket or laying a charge.....would be the samething as him taking your rod/reel......im thinking those wallys just looked really yummy LOL

Feesher
05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't believe their allowed to confiscate anything without writing a ticket or laying a charge.....would be the samething as him taking your rod/reel......im thinking those wallys just looked really yummy LOL

That's why my dad was bitching, he says " at least ticket me if ya wanna take my fish " the F&w officer said " Be careful what you wish for....

We took his number and name and passed it onto my dads buddy who is with fisheries sask !

Nothing came about it, But again, does not make it right!

Chewie66
05-28-2014, 01:46 PM

LC

I'd follow this advice. Better safe than sorry. Hopefully you didn't jinx yourself by calling "limited out". Isn't that like saying "shutout" during a hockey game. :)