PDA

View Full Version : east dollar lake

Fishmaster
05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Hello, wondering if anyone ever fish at east dollar lake, working in valleyview nd went after work, tossed some spinners nd rapalas but no bite, but trout jumping all over, anyone got any pointers for the lake, thanks Dave.

Crankbait
05-28-2014, 12:32 AM
don't know the lake but I will suggest the smallest len thompson 5 o'diamonds they have and reeling it in slow as possible so it just waves. and instead of keeping your rod tip lower have it up at the 12 o'clock position or five after 12, but remember, slow retrieve. for fun you could add some line to the end of it or about 3 feet and then a white winged wetfly. when casting a set up like this, touch your finger to the spool to help whip the fly ahead just before the spoon drops.

fishman
05-28-2014, 06:18 PM
The problem is the weeds
Shore is very limited and usually is ok for about 2 weeks after ice goes out after that they are in deeper water
I would say u need to get out 100 feet at the boat launch to catch fish
Walk north closer to the house

falco
05-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Fished that lake last summer. Fly rod with a leech imitation worked good and a slip bobber using leeches and worms. Caught some nice rainbows and there's always a chance of catching a brown.

Pierre
05-29-2014, 07:50 AM
I fished in May long weekend for a few hours. The browns were ~ 13" which is about right considering they only started restocking them again 2 years ago.

Fishmaster
05-29-2014, 05:12 PM
I tried yesterday for 4 hours tried bobber with worm/powerbait, pikeral rig with worms and powerbait, spinners, spoons, spoon with a fly on behind and not a single Bite but fish jumping everywhere! Dont know what else to do.

chriscosta
05-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Take a small bobber slap a weight above it for a better cast..with a mayfly ..or a mosquito about 2 ft under the bobber and use fly floatant so it floats ...and retrieve very slow ... or use a fly rod or try maggots ...people underestimate maggots but all fish will eat them ...unless its bait banned..good luck ...oh or use a half a dew worm on a gold mepps ...

Crankbait
05-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Take a small bobber slap a weight above it for a better cast..with a mayfly ..or a mosquito about 2 ft under the bobber and use fly floatant so it floats ...and retrieve very slow ... or use a fly rod or try maggots ...people underestimate maggots but all fish will eat them ...unless its bait banned..good luck ...oh or use a half a dew worm on a gold mepps ...

maggots rule, keep them cool and if you bait them right they give a good wiggle before looking dead like a waterfilled windsock. the super-ginked mosquitoe slowly retreived is a great suggestion. or even the smallest foam fly.

meal worms are also like putting a t-bone steak infront of a starving man.

mikeym
05-30-2014, 09:02 AM
stopped at the lake on way back to Edmonton.

very tough lake to shore fish as really at the boat launch is the only place to cast from. the rest of the lake is marshy and high into the weeds and grass already.

caught three little guys on a mepps spinner. there was a huge mayfly hatch going on and they were on a feeding frenzy. should of brought the fly rod and tube.

there were two gentlemen out on their tubes for the day. one stopped and talked and said they each caught around 50 - 60 fish so far with a few in the 16" - 20" range. did see some bigger rises out a little ways.

definitely a lake you need either a tube or canoe to fish properly.

TUFFBUFF
05-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Quite a few years ago we would get some nice ones on rigs with marshmallows from shore, rumor has it that the bigger fish hit the channel to the back lake a few times and didn't make 'er back and winterkilled. Last few time I fished there it was bobbers and a fly floating around on a tube casting.
PM me for specifics :)