PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Forestburg resivour

Spawn
05-30-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm going to try out the Forestburg resivour and see what I might land. I'm going to try for the Pike and Waleye first and if no action I think a downrigger for Ling cod. I've never fished this place before and if any of you have I would sure like to here some stories and maybe some tips.

Happy fishing,
Fellow angler,

Spawn.:thinking-006:

Northern Yaker
05-30-2014, 05:59 AM
No down rigger needed. I have yet to see anything other than small pike caught while I've been there. Fished it several times this winter from my kayak it stays ice free year round. If you fish west of the bridge the section that is the battle river you could keep a walleye if you find one, fishing is usually pretty non stop with little pike tho. Keeps the kids entertained anyways.

Spawn
05-31-2014, 02:47 AM
Hey Northern Yaker. This is giving me a little bit of an idea of what to expect. Nice that the water is open all year round during fishing season. That little tid bit I did not know. I'm really going to have to check out the fishing in Forestburg in winter. I'll let you know how We do there. My daughter has the fishing bug and bad as I've ever seen.. Very VERY COOL. It tickles me. We want keepers but anything keeps us going.:sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks again for that.

Spawn.

RavYak
05-31-2014, 06:28 AM
Have you actually caught Burbot on a downrigger? I wouldn't think that would work but interested to know if it does what kind of depth/lures you would use.

trigger7mm
05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
The main body of water around the power plant is basically a flood plain with the Battle River channel running through it. Fishing below the bridge at the highway on the west end is usually pretty good, but below the spillway on the east end is even better, but it get pretty weedy later on. Now is the time to go. Usually you have to park at the gate, and walk down to the river. Tons of small pike will certainly make her day. Also the odd walleye, or goldeye. Curly tail jigs work well. If you need any more info, PM me. Good luck, and have fun.