PDA

View Full Version : Fishing locations in Calgary

austen
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Im just getting into fishing and am wondering where the best spots are to fish around Calgary? I want to fish the bow and the reservoir but not sure exactly where to go. I do a bit of fly fishing and spin fishing. I also live really close to fish creek park and have heard people fish around there? let me know if anyone has any good advice on locations!

thanks

BeeGuy
05-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Just walk down to the water and have at'r. If you don't catch anything, move along the shore and repeat.

Be careful along the river right now. She is high and mighty.

trapshooter
05-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Chestermere is pretty good just 10 min east. I was there on Thursday for an hour and caught 6 out of the boat using cranks.

Fearson
05-31-2014, 07:44 AM
not exactly close but crawling valley, lake newell, and few others around there, i mostly ice fish those ones. there is also spray lake reservoir which is my favorite to ice fish nice scenery and quite as you cant drive motorized vehicles on the ice. ive never tried fly fishing them but plan on it this season i just need a boat lol.

ive tried fish creek once but had no luck, ive heard it was once the popular spot back in the day. I have had good luck on the bow, just be patient it took me a bit of time to learn that river. lots of people go down to policeman's flats just south of Calgary just after the bridge over the river,