PDA

View Full Version : To those who fish off the pine coulee dock

Robmcleod82
05-31-2014, 09:53 AM
To those of you that fish off of the dock at pine coulee reservoir I have to ask a question. What makes you think you have the right to get p o'd when somebody in a boat wants to use the dock? Every time I'm there and I see somebody try to dock up there boat these guys fishing off the dock seem to get all bent out of shape. Maybe these guys don't understand the main purpose of a dock? It's for mooring boats, did not think that was a complex idea? The next time one of these guys gives me attitude when I'm trying to let my wife and kid off the boat maybe I'll drive over there fishing line and see what they think of that? Seriously have some common courtesy I have no problem with fishing off the dock but just cause you parked your lawn chair there doesn't mean you own it. And if I'm picking spots to park it will be in front of the guy in his 40-60s not the 10 year old kid.
Rant over

waterninja
05-31-2014, 10:13 AM
i get where your coming from. i can understand that a lot of anglers who don't have boats love to fish off a dock but they should understand that they are in a "high traffic" area where there fishing will be interupted by boat traffic.
last time we used the launch at gold bar in edm. we had to beach the boat to get the vehicle/boat trailer in position to load boat. turns out we PO'd some shore fishermen/lady who had pic rigs set up on shore right by launch. turns out these brainiacs also had their vehicle parked by shore(where it didn't belong) blocking our truck, and really gave us attitude about spoiling their fishing and having to move their car. wtf did they expect?

omega50
05-31-2014, 10:31 AM
I was on the dock at Pine Coulee 2 years ago with my Grandson trying to get a line in the water and almost every square inch was taken up with people partying, drinking and swearing and yelling over the reverberation of their stereos competing who could have the worst taste in music while cranking it the loudest while being moored to the dock for hours. I honestly thought that the intention of a boat was to use it on the water. Perhaps it is scary to take a boat from safe moorage to open water.
The outrageous dock and launch fees at Pine Coulee should ensure that a guy can display his boat as a permanent fixture blocking the dock all day for the enjoyment of others:)
Oh wait. My bad-It is free.
We eventually opted to fish from shore North of the bridge on the East side- within 5 minutes we had boats anchored in front of us at 20 yards blocking any attempts to make a forward cast.
Ignorant boat owners should be sterilized to prevent future breeding:sHa_shakeshout:

tight line
05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Most docks ive seen have a no fishing off the dock sign on them! Sounds like this one needs one as well! Lol

BeeGuy
05-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Boating etiquette at pcr is atrocious.

It's of far greater concern and of far greater consequence.

But yes, everyone should try and behave in a considerate manner.

Boaters need to learn what no wake means and that there is a standard maximum speed within a specified distance of shore.

Robmcleod82
05-31-2014, 11:57 AM
All I'm saying is don't get ****y when a guy needs to dock, most boats are to big to dock anywhere except the side the people fish on, I don't care if guys fish on the dock, just get out the damn road when people need to park.

omega50
05-31-2014, 12:38 PM
All I'm saying is don't get ****y when a guy needs to dock, most boats are to big to dock anywhere except the side the people fish on, I don't care if guys fish on the dock, just get out the damn road when people need to park.

I agree completely. Docks are obviously there for boats.
I just present the other extreme from my own experience.
In a perfect world-2 docks -one larger grey for boats only( absolutely no fishing allowed)-perhaps one smaller red or bright blue dock with a short railing- off limits to boats and to be used only for fishing with/for children.
Adults can fish from shore unless assisting a child.:)

walking buffalo
05-31-2014, 01:50 PM
I agree completely. Docks are obviously there for boats.
I just present the other extreme from my own experience.
In a perfect world-2 docks -one larger grey for boats only( absolutely no fishing allowed)-perhaps one smaller red or bright blue dock with a short railing- off limits to boats and to be used only for fishing with/for children.
Adults can fish from shore unless assisting a child.:)

Why the little "kids only" dock for "no boats"?

As PCR is so well liked and used by many people, I would expect the county to recognize the value($) in having two FUNctional docks for both purposes, boating and fishing. Is Alberta so far into the Red that we can't afford a second dock?

BeeGuy
05-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Excellent point.

omega50
05-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Why the little "kids only" dock for "no boats"?

As PCR is so well liked and used by many people, I would expect the county to recognize the value($) in having two FUNctional docks for both purposes, boating and fishing. Is Alberta so far into the Red that we can't afford a second dock?

Kids only dock to promote the idea of taking a kid fishing:sHa_shakeshout:
Untangling lines and losing all your gear in exchange for some prime real estate:)

Robmcleod82
05-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Kids only dock to promote the idea of taking a kid fishing:sHa_shakeshout:
Untangling lines and losing all your gear in exchange for some prime real estate:)

Bahahaha thats a good one

-JR-
06-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Most docks ive seen have a no fishing off the dock sign on them! Sounds like this one needs one as well! Lol

2x