PDA

View Full Version : Trapping Workshop for the Wildlife Society?

tth_12032
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Dear trappers,

I myself am a waterfowl-grouse-deer-moose hunter and I'm doing my best to educate and inspire non-hunters to become involved or at least open to the many types of sustainable wild resource harvesting. This month I hope to run a shooting workshop and in January (6-16) a trapping workshop.

I am looking for a trapper who would be interested in a taking a small group of students from the UofA Chapter of the Wildlife Society out on their trapline. Naturally, this will be a group who is interested in trapping and respects trappers - not anti-trappers.

We may be able to provide an honourarium for your time and at the very least, a social dinner/lunch. And best of all, you can help promote trapping and its place in our modern world, demonstrate the humane methods, and increase appreciation for this activity to encourage ongoing social acceptance of our hunting & trapping heritage.

Please send my a PM if you have any questions or are at all interested. A location within a few hours of Edmonton is preferred and the date can be flexible.

Thank-you so much,
Tiarella

Gerald
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi Tierella,

PM has been sent.

Thanks,

Gerald

Brian Bildson
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Tiarella, I thought Mark Boyce would be all over this. didn't Ross Hinter do this last year?