PDA

View Full Version : tracker boat centre?

bearb8er
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm looking at a boat at Bass Pro in Calgary. Has anyone dealt there? If so are they willing to haggle at all? Seems to me that if the boat is in stock I might be able to work out not to pay shipping and prep.?

Thanks

SCHOOCH
06-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Ya got nothing to lose by asking !!!!!!!

EZM
06-17-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm looking at a boat at Bass Pro in Calgary. Has anyone dealt there? If so are they willing to haggle at all? Seems to me that if the boat is in stock I might be able to work out not to pay shipping and prep.?

Thanks

They are going to argue, that the boat DID SHIP and was PREPARED, however, everything is negotiable.

Never pay list price for a boat, RV, vehicle ...... that's my general rule.

Let us know how you make out ..... which model are you looking at?

newguy
06-17-2014, 05:20 PM
not sure about the boat but a couple years ago they gave me a smokin deal on a kicker motor... easily got 15% off

bwackwabbit
06-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Ditto I got a screaming deal on my 20hp Merc!

Moefoe
06-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Thanks

Buddy of mine picked up an 18' Targa 2 winters ago...after he grinded them for 3 hours he basically got the upgrade to a 150 merc for free. He took it out this past May long to find all the electronics screwed up...brought it to them the following Tuesday morning they had it ready for him later that day, nice service! Not my first choice when it comes to a boat by he likes it and it gets the job done!!

Lornce
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Bought my Tracker Pro Guide 175 Combo at Bass Pro, Got a great deal with some extras and a store credit that was wonderful for adding lots of goodies. This is my 4th boat over the years, very happy with it and the service there has been great.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq127/LornceLornce/TRACKER.jpg

BassDude
06-18-2014, 07:07 AM
I bought a Targa v-18 combo wt there this spring. Most of the haggling was via upgrades on electronics and as mentioned a bunch of gift cards that were partly a special and another one negotiated. I upgraded the trolling motor to the Terrova 80 with iPilot link and the humminbird 898

I won't lie, I had a nightmare time with their delivery - they replaced all of their service manager in service the day after my delivery which was late and done very poorly. The front mount troller was basically attached with 2 bolts, neither tightened down. Sad.

Took my boat back in after having the custom top made at Sew Wut (highly recommend them!!) - and the new Bass Pro Service manager took great care of me. I was very happy with how they treated me. I've returned a few times (without the boat) to chat with folks in parts and service and they are really great.

So in short - awful delivery but they rectified my situation before open water.

I love the boat. The rod storage is incredible I have 8 or 9 fully rigged rods in the boat right now waiting for me and you'd never know it. I got the 150 Merc 4 stroke based on some AO member advice - awesome engine. Sips gas and performs great.

bearb8er
06-18-2014, 05:10 PM
They are going to argue, that the boat DID SHIP and was PREPARED, however, everything is negotiable.

Never pay list price for a boat, RV, vehicle ...... that's my general rule.

Let us know how you make out ..... which model are you looking at?

Hey EZM I've narrowed it down to 3: 1) a modified V like the Pro Team 175, 2) a deep V like the Super Guide V-16 SC, and 3) one of their welded jon boats like the Grizzly 1754 SC.

I don't want a tiller drive so either a side or centre console. The boat we have is just a 12" tinner with an old 10 hp motor so anything is an upgrade. just have gotten tired of the seating in the old tinner - getting to old and fat.