PDA

View Full Version : Beslile foot snare

Reddog
11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Does anyone use them? If so, how do you like them and do you have any tips on using them. Picked up my first one today and the logic seems sound enough. My only questions are do they always get the snare closed once the trap throws it on there leg and what is the best way to anchor them?

fjhoward
11-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I have some of them and have caught coyotes and once a fisher (that was interesting to get out with my body intact). The trap jaws actually just hold long enough to allow the snare to slide up as the animal pulls back once the trap is clamped. There is a video on u tube that shows how to set them and an artical recently on the ATA web site (I believe thats where I saw it) on setting them. I don't have any other tips....sorry.

Got thinking and hear is the link, it is in september.
http://www.albertatrappers.com/information/informationNewsletters.html

KI-UTE
11-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Yuck!!!

Brian Bildson
11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I've used them successfully for lynx. Pay attention to how you set them and make sure the cables are where they are supposed to be. Also watch where the snare loop threads through the link as the metal plate can get through the link. I solid anchor them to a tree or big log. They're great for lynx as the jaw spread is very wide. No foot damage either.

Reddog
11-18-2008, 07:44 AM
thanks for the impute guys!