PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing near Peace River

tomecki
06-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for where to go fishing from shore around the town of Peace River.

I'm mainly interested in Walleye and Pike. I don't mind hiking in to a spot.

Specific places would be great, but general info would also be nice.

I've been searching on the forum and so far it looks like the mouths of the tributaries are good ie. Smoky, Heart and Whitemud. Any other ones? Do you fish in the tributary itself, or in the main river? Any good slews or lakes that I could go to?

Thanks

pickrel pat
06-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Used to fish the mouth of the heart alot, right behind the mall. Ole pickrel rig and bacon untill I caught a chub, then peices of chub for bait. Caught hundreds of chub,goldeye, pike, walleye and burbot.

lochness
06-17-2014, 09:54 PM
I was down at that spot the other day, saw the water was so murky. Are there any fish down there in murky water?

pickrel pat
06-17-2014, 10:47 PM
I was down at that spot the other day, saw the water was so murky. Are there any fish down there in murky water?

Yup. Have to stillfish with bait.

tomecki
06-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks Pickrel Pat! The bacon and chub trick sounds like some good local knowledge and I live literally 2 minutes away from the spot you're talking about. I'll try it after work today or tomorrow.

I was wondering the same thing as lochness. The Heart looked like chocolate milk a couple of days ago.

lochness
06-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks Pickrel Pat! The bacon and chub trick sounds like some good local knowledge and I live literally 2 minutes away from the spot you're talking about. I'll try it after work today or tomorrow.

I was wondering the same thing as lochness. The Heart looked like chocolate milk a couple of days ago.

Let us know the results.

tomecki
06-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Let us know the results.

Tried last night. Started with bacon got lots of nibbles. I think I was too generous and had too much meat on the hook so I cut some off. Then I caught a chub and started using that for bait. The other chub didn't seem to like their sister as much as the bacon but I got two more anyway. Then, when I was getting ready to pack it in, I got a Burbot. That made my day!

Thanks for the help!

Barnes19
06-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Me and my brothers always rode our bikes down to the Peace River when we were young. We used grasshoppers for bait which would usually catch us Goldeye and Chub. Once we had a Chub for bait it was game on for catching Walleye!