PDA

View Full Version : Off to hiway 24 in BC

goose
06-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Hello all, well tomorrow I finally leave for 11 days of fly fishing /trolling in BC along the legendary hiway #24 north of Kamloops. I have never been in that area before so it will be a learning experience. Thanks to the boys at the Fishin Hole in Calgary for helping me gear up, sure appreciated the advice too. Bought my son and son-in -law new fly rods for the trip so they don't know it yet but they are about to become addicts, hahaha. Some of the fishing forums from BC have been stating how hard the trout hit there lately and that you better be hanging on to your rod all the time as a few of them have lost their treasured fly rods this spring, lol. One of my goals on the trip is to catch a Kokanee trout during the trip as I heard they are fantastic to eat. We will be fishing north of clearwater for 4 days then off to Sheridan lake area for the balance of the trip. I have been purchasing Lyman lures this spring to try on the lakes as I heard they work well out there. I will try and post pictures when I return to share our fishing experience with all you folks and let you know what worked and what did not work lure wise. You never know maybe I'll hook into OGOPOGO.

CHEERS
GOOSE :sHa_shakeshout:

Penner
06-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Sheridan Lake itself (more often than not) is tough going regarding the fishing. But when it’s one, it’s awesome, and there are some very large trout that can be caught. Just be prepared to be frustrated at times. Plenty of lakes around with more consistent fishing. Awesome country all around. Heaven for a trout fisherman.

You'll need downriggers (or alterantive means to get into deeper water) to catch Kokanee consistently at this time of year.

Safety D
06-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Last time I did highway 24 it was dead. Went to Quesnel Dragon Lake and slammed em. Lots of 5 to 7 pounders in Dragon.