PDA

View Full Version : Lac St. Anne Fishing walleye are ON

D4l3k
06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Headed out this morning and on the water by 8:15ish
the walleye were on hard between 8:30 and 10:30
10-12 ft of water

about 250y-300y from shore in front of Ross Haven Bible Camp (west of yellowstone boat launch)

we landed 28 class B size range into the boat, and 1 above class B size range between the 3 of us

also 1 decent jack that hit like a run away train

we filled all our class B's in no time and had a great morning on the water with lots of action, double headers and great times

orange jig heads tipped with a minnow was hitting the best for us

for all you lac st anne tag holders, get out that and fill them tags!:scared0018:

hal53
06-22-2014, 09:30 PM
does anyone actually spread their tags out over the season?, if you get 2 or 3 tags, and the fish are on, do you fill all your tags in an hour, then wait a year or more for another season???

wildwoods
06-22-2014, 09:32 PM
I like to fill them right away. In the unlikely event you don't make it back out to that lake again....

hal53
06-22-2014, 09:34 PM
I like to fill them right away. In the unlikely event you don't make it back out to that lake again....
makes sense, was just wondering....I spread mine out, to each their own...

CBintheNorth
06-22-2014, 11:25 PM

I'm with you. Not a fan of frozen fish and my wife and I couldn't possibly eat 6 in a meal.
It's nice to fill a couple each time out as long as the water is cool. Wouldn't keep any in July/August.

RavYak
06-23-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm with you. Not a fan of frozen fish and my wife and I couldn't possibly eat 6 in a meal.
It's nice to fill a couple each time out as long as the water is cool. Wouldn't keep any in July/August.

I guess if you have multiple people with tags it makes sense. If you are by yourself I would just take them when you can before the algae bloom.

Mackinaw
06-23-2014, 12:07 AM

I use mine spring ,fall and ice never in summer when water warms I stop keeping.
If i run out tthere's always lakes where you don't need tags.

Mack

fishingqueen
06-23-2014, 08:59 AM
I kept one of my tags to keep some excitement for another time :)

snowman160
06-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds like guys aren't getting many class c fish???i put in for baptiste but got my second choice for st Anne..any under 43 cm lol???

CBintheNorth
06-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Sounds like guys aren't getting many class c fish???i put in for baptiste but got my second choice for st Anne..any under 43 cm lol???

Was out on Sunday with the family and didn't buy my tags yet so they all went back. I don't think we caught more than 1 under 50cm out of 10. Nice to see them finally growing as I thought they were going to be stunted a couple of years ago.
Going to be interesting when it comes time to keep a few under 50cm.

catnthehat
06-24-2014, 06:27 AM
I don't freeze fish as a habit, haven't for many years.
If the wife wants me to bring one home when I head out, i will, makes things simple.:)
I have tags for "our " lake this year ( Baptiste), and will likely spread them out over the summer and fall....
Cat

Jamie Black R/T
06-24-2014, 11:40 AM
I don't freeze fish as a habit, haven't for many years.
If the wife wants me to bring one home when I head out, i will, makes things simple.:)
I have tags for "our " lake this year ( Baptiste), and will likely spread them out over the summer and fall....
Cat

x2 ...fish gets eaten fresh or i dont keep it.

i use my tags in march every year...last week of the season.