PDA

View Full Version : mount lorette ponds report

spinN'flyfish
06-24-2014, 02:16 PM
hey, its me, new to the forum but years of experience of fishing. Just drove past recently, and there are no fish. I heard they stocked it in may but must have been fished out. any idea of the stocking date?

the local angler
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
may 5th 800 fish at 24.3cm and june 2nd 600 fish at 26.6cm this is one lake that i wish would be catch and release because its one of very few ponds that are accessible for people in wheel chairs like a previous post.

spinN'flyfish
06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
people should really c n' r because right now its practically empty

Battery
06-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Went out two weekends ago because they said it was freshly stocked and wanted to get my girlfriend out for the first time...no fish. Out of the 10 or so times we've been out there, only once have I seen fish and had a fun day of fishing. If there's fish, you can see them and its great for new fishermen/women because they can see the trout chasing their bait and biting. I wish they would put a 0 limit til the last two weeks of the season so the fish can go to use instead of being winter killed.

jacenbeers
06-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Unless you hit up the ponds within a day or two of it being stocked, you will not catch much. It gets hit super hard.

spinN'flyfish
06-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Went out two weekends ago because they said it was freshly stocked and wanted to get my girlfriend out for the first time...no fish. Out of the 10 or so times we've been out there, only once have I seen fish and had a fun day of fishing. If there's fish, you can see them and its great for new fishermen/women because they can see the trout chasing their bait and biting. I wish they would put a 0 limit til the last two weeks of the season so the fish can go to use instead of being winter killed.

yeah that would be great, too bad.........

spinN'flyfish
06-26-2014, 12:09 AM
i passed by this place callled ''sibbald meadows pond'' and im wondering if the fish is still in there, i have a feeling it ended up like mt lorette ponds and only has a few wild brookies, any idea (even though its muddy now)

Battery
06-26-2014, 09:40 AM
i passed by this place callled ''sibbald meadows pond'' and im wondering if the fish is still in there, i have a feeling it ended up like mt lorette ponds and only has a few wild brookies, any idea (even though its muddy now)

There's actually still quite a few fish in there as of two weekends ago. It's alot deeper than Mt.Lorette and holds more fish. When we failed to see anything at Mt.Lorette, we headed over to Sibbald and had a fun morning of fishing. Bring some velveeta and a slip bobber and you'll be good to go.

the local angler
06-26-2014, 02:34 PM
i stopped by there last week and found the action to be way too slow. for the whole 4 to 5 hours there only had one bite but saw a few rises and that was all she wrote except for the hawk who caught one. that's always awesome to watch.

spinN'flyfish
06-26-2014, 02:52 PM
There's actually still quite a few fish in there as of two weekends ago. It's alot deeper than Mt.Lorette and holds more fish. When we failed to see anything at Mt.Lorette, we headed over to Sibbald and had a fun morning of fishing. Bring some velveeta and a slip bobber and you'll be good to go.

Okay nice what species was it? And i think you can go downstream and find sibbald creek that has wild trout if meadows pond is fishless

spinN'flyfish
06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
i stopped by there last week and found the action to be way too slow. for the whole 4 to 5 hours there only had one bite but saw a few rises and that was all she wrote except for the hawk who caught one. that's always awesome to watch.

i drove pass it and saw some fellas fishing and i dont think they caught any

Battery
06-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Okay nice what species was it? And i think you can go downstream and find sibbald creek that has wild trout if meadows pond is fishless

Stocked rainbows. If you're just going for a day trip, you could always try Dickson trout pond. Its about an hour and 15 from Calgary and you're guaranteed to have a good day. We have a trailer at carefree out on Glennifer, so I hit the trout pond all the time. Same set up as I said before will put you on the fish. We caught 5 over 12 inches and about 10 in the 8-10 inch range on the weekend between two of us in an hour and a half right off the shore.

spinN'flyfish
06-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Stocked rainbows. If you're just going for a day trip, you could always try Dickson trout pond. Its about an hour and 15 from Calgary and you're guaranteed to have a good day. We have a trailer at carefree out on Glennifer, so I hit the trout pond all the time. Same set up as I said before will put you on the fish. We caught 5 over 12 inches and about 10 in the 8-10 inch range on the weekend between two of us in an hour and a half right off the shore.

the albertafishingguide said it was stocked with cutties many years ago..... must have been fished out........

Battery
06-26-2014, 09:38 PM
You may very well be right. I havent seen a brookie in there, but I dont doubt it. Some people on the IFish app are saying they caught brookies in there too, good to know.

Strong
06-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Went out today my girl and I caught 2 each CNR. Everyone there was using some sort of bobber and bait, we used spinners and did well I thought.

spinN'flyfish
06-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Went out today my girl and I caught 2 each CNR. Everyone there was using some sort of bobber and bait, we used spinners and did well I thought.

thats quite odd where about were you, on last monday it was EMPTY. Did you see more than 4 you caught?

spinN'flyfish
06-30-2014, 12:10 AM
hopefully they stocked it.................

Geezle
06-30-2014, 08:53 AM
thats quite odd where about were you, on last monday it was EMPTY. Did you see more than 4 you caught?

I drove by Wabamun the other day...there were a couple guys fishing off the dock but I didn't see them catch anything...the lake must be fished out ;)

spinN'flyfish
06-30-2014, 10:03 AM
I drove by Wabamun the other day...there were a couple guys fishing off the dock but I didn't see them catch anything...the lake must be fished out ;)

well mount lorette is shallow and CLEAR you can almost see everything living thing inside there, and there was NOTHING, But i did see a few scattered ''shadows'' around the pond, but very little. that day not a single person caught a fish