PDA

View Full Version : Burnstall lakes in k country

spinN'flyfish
06-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Has anyone been been here for cutties, im monitoring k county spots to try out? I heard on another post it got dried up

Bigfeet
06-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Hiked up to the Burstall lakes this past weekend. Took my fishing gear, but didn't fish. Lots of water around up there, so getting close to the shore was tricky - not impossible, but just swampy. Lakes (there are 3 from what I've read, but we only walked down to 2) are pretty murky. Apparantly they are that way as the water feeding them is from glaciers, so carries a higher suspended particle content. They may get clearer as the water from the past weeks of rains goes down.
Probably should have tried fishing, but just kept hiking. Easy to get to, and if they don't pan out you can always go to Hogarth lakes, which are accessed from the same parking area. Supposed to be clearer (not glacier fed) and some good sized Cutthroats from what I've read.

PS Definitely not dried up. Lakes looked in fine shape except for being murky.

spinN'flyfish
06-24-2014, 08:01 PM
how about the near by mud lake?

spinN'flyfish
10-02-2014, 06:11 PM
How's it been here? Hope to go on thanksgiving, should be clear. By the way can you see the fish here like other alpine lakes? Are there fallen trees from the past flood, I'd like a smooth hike. I will probably bring my dad, who has fished in a while, so he doesn't fly fish but I might get some worms. Only us probably (everyone else doesn't like fishing lol), is the hike really long? 8km is too long for my dad.

spinN'flyfish
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Also since the hatches are gone, might do bait too unless I nymph for the cutties

jacenbeers
10-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I will play along with this troll post and actually give you some sound advice.

You will be way better off crossing the street and hiking up to Chester Lake if you want cutties and then you can also get dollies. Burstall is not as easy to fish and you wont catch anything in Mud Lake.

spinN'flyfish
10-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Hows the chester lake hike and are you allowed bait? Heard of its dollies never tried