PDA

View Full Version : St. Mary's Reservoir

Dr.D
06-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been down to St. Mary's in the last few days? Just looking for an update on water clarity, thinking about going fishing but don't want to drive all the way down if its still muddy from the rain. Thanks in advance

spinN'flyfish
06-24-2014, 10:43 PM
haven't been there but its a really nice place. Last time i wasn't fishing so i also wondering where is the fishes' favourite spot to hang out, might try it out for some sweet walleyes in the summer. But since the minor floods it could have some high waters and really murky water, because up at the glenmore its quite brown, but the south was hit harder so i can imagine how bad it is. Watch out if you're going, dont try the spillway at this time

huntsfurfish
06-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Havent been out there recently, but would expect it to be very dirty yet.

whitetail Junkie
06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been down to St. Mary's in the last few days? Just looking for an update on water clarity, thinking about going fishing but don't want to drive all the way down if its still muddy from the rain. Thanks in advance

They're Biteing!! .....before the big rain at least....

spinN'flyfish
06-25-2014, 05:37 PM
They're Biteing!! .....before the big rain at least....

where about? st mary is humongous, best places are accessible by boat

whitetail Junkie
06-25-2014, 07:22 PM
where about? st mary is humongous, best places are accessible by boat

Right in the mouth....

Pudelpointer
06-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Surface waters are decently clear, but the water is muddier the deeper you go. The hydro release is like chocolate milk and the irrigation draw is dirty (maybe 4" visibility).