PDA

View Full Version : Boat launch slave lake

Xiph0id
06-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Am I correct in assuming the provincial boat launch just east of the highway bridge on thompson street is next to norms walleye camp?

Also is the parking lot also provincial and free to use?

Does it fill up or am I safe to assume there will be room?

Want to get my facts straight before I arrive.

Bushleague
06-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Am I correct in assuming the provincial boat launch just east of the highway bridge on thompson street is next to norms walleye camp?

Also is the parking lot also provincial and free to use?

Does it fill up or am I safe to assume there will be room?

Want to get my facts straight before I arrive.

That's the launch, parking is free, I've never launched there and not had room to park. The docks are pretty meager and they can cause a bit of a bottle neck when launching or loading, make sure your organized before you launch. At the same time don't pull out into the current until you know your boat is running well, I've never seen a boat actually go over the weir but I've seen a few come pretty close.

Xiph0id
06-28-2014, 03:03 PM
That's the launch, parking is free, I've never launched there and not had room to park. The docks are pretty meager and they can cause a bit of a bottle neck when launching or loading, make sure your organized before you launch. At the same time don't pull out into the current until you know your boat is running well, I've never seen a boat actually go over the weir but I've seen a few come pretty close.

Thank you. Dint realize how much current there actually was.

Bushleague
06-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you. Dint realize how much current there actually was.

Its not crazy strong but if your motor dies or fails to start you could have some trouble.

Xiph0id
06-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Never had much trouble with it.
Always warm it up at the dock for a couple minutes.

The weir doesn't look like much from the satellite photos....
I see the buoys before and after though.