PDA

View Full Version : Meadow lake cabins?

xxclaro
06-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Talked to a real nice guy here a week ago when I sold him my kayak, he recommended fishing in Meadow Lake provincial park. He also said there was cabin rentals in the area. Since our 10th anniversary is approaching and we've never done anything special before, i thought it would be nice to go up there for a few days.
I'm wondering if anyone has been and can recommend a place to go? Would be great to have a nice quiet,private cabin where we can be close to the water and some decent fishing. I have a little 14 foot aluminum I would like to take if possible. Would like to fish for perch or walleye, if possible. Any recommendations as to where and when to go?

Teamprotz
06-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Only experience i have with cabins is at Lac Des Iles. They are decent quality and price. Availability might be another thing. We stayed at Big Island Cove.

xxclaro
06-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks,I'll check it out

EZM
06-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Meadow Lake Provincial Park has more than 20 lakes in there that I'd consider good candidates for fishing.

Most of the mid to larger lakes have one or more resorts with cabins.

We have stayed in Cabins at Flotten, Waterhen, Lac des Isles, Pierce and they are all similar with basic amenities at a reasonable price.

I'd say start with a Lake and go from there .....

jpohlic
06-29-2014, 07:57 AM
We camped at Waterhen a few years ago and it rained like crazy most of the time. The last night we asked the office if we could move into a vacant cabin for one night, but unfortunately they had a two night minimum. We were quite annoyed as we had been there for whole week already. I will never go back to waterhen and don't recommend them because of their inflexible policies.

madman
06-29-2014, 09:36 AM
I stayed in M and N Resort at Waterhen this spring. Newer cabins, clean and comfortable. The guy at Tawaw cabins is an arshole. Fishing at waterhen can be good for walleye and pike. Usually fish close to the mouth of waterhen river. If its too rough, there are some good smaller lakes within 25 minutes like Rusty, Mustus, Jeanotte, and Kimball. Im heading to Matheson tomorrow. It is at the west end of Meadow lake Park and the walleyes are hungry at Mistohay.

Xiph0id
06-29-2014, 09:42 AM
I stayed in M and N Resort at Waterhen this spring. Newer cabins, clean and comfortable. The guy at Tawaw cabins is an arshole. Fishing at waterhen can be good for walleye and pike. Usually fish close to the mouth of waterhen river. If its too rough, there are some good smaller lakes within 25 minutes like Rusty, Mustus, Jeanotte, and Kimball. Im heading to Matheson tomorrow. It is at the west end of Meadow lake Park and the walleyes are hungry at Mistohay.

I din't enjoy tawaw terribly either.
Cabins are getting old.
Only went there as I did when I was a kid.
I will have to try m&n

Big island cove is not bad.
I liked the peoe there.

jpohlic
06-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Yes, Tawaw is where we stayed, couldn't remember the name. Never going back!