PDA

View Full Version : Autochart help

Tungsten
06-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Been having a bit of grief getting the contour maps I've generated showing up on a 999ci. I don't have much of an area mapped out but after clicking to transfer to the lake master card I can see contours in the background image within autochart. Despite it saying that it pushed it to the card the bird loads up the shore outline and that's it. Show contours is on and so is show soundings.

Any experts out there willing to give a hand? I was under the impression the 999 doesn't need an update. Was going to find the instructions on getting the maps on the card manually that humminbird released for the older units.

EZM
06-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Been having a bit of grief getting the contour maps I've generated showing up on a 999ci. I don't have much of an area mapped out but after clicking to transfer to the lake master card I can see contours in the background image within autochart. Despite it saying that it pushed it to the card the bird loads up the shore outline and that's it. Show contours is on and so is show soundings.

Any experts out there willing to give a hand? I was under the impression the 999 doesn't need an update. Was going to find the instructions on getting the maps on the card manually that humminbird released for the older units.

If you have converted and saved back to your card properly ...... which should be fast and easy ...

On your Bird ... Go to your menu,

Select charts tab,

Go to maps or overlay ( not sure how it's labeled on your particular unit) and set to "AC" (stands for autochart) which will give you the ability to overlay your card info onto the default base map your bird is using.

You will have the contours .....

You can also set your transparency and see both if you like.

The units will select the default chart if you have more than one source card (map).

Tungsten
06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Thanks. Haven't got that option. looks like I need firmware 6.85 and I have 6.83. Pretty sure I'm stuck looking at the zero lines map. Will try moving the gen'd folder to root on my card until I can get the update.

Tungsten
06-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Solved. Upgraded to 7.020 and the overlay is showing. Now to make it look like something.

Thanks EZM.