PDA

View Full Version : Vivian Lake SK

Deep
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Pondering a trip to Meadow Lakes and am looking for info. about this lake. I know its not very big and if anyone can give me the goods on this place-sites, firewood, lake depth.....all helpful and appreciated. Deep

TrophyPikeHunter
07-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Drove to it on a recent trip to Waterhen looking for calm water...mud launch...good for inflatables, small alums, canoe, etc. only...nice (but small) campground right at the launch...was a modest stack of firewood there. Go in with a 4x4 as that road could be messy after a good rain. Was no one there at that time so I would pack a bear deterrent for safety sake.

yetiseeker
07-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I have been on the lake only once. It is supposed to have Rainbows in the lake. When we trolled the lake, we saw big numbers of fish on the sonar unit, but could not get a bite. We fished it on clear, hot day and wrote it off to bad timing. We did see a black bear swim across the lake. Otherwise, still on the list to retry.

If you do get out, please post results as to how you made out.

Tight lines!

yetiseeker
07-03-2014, 09:48 AM
As far as depth, from what I recall, it was over 30 feet and therefore would expect it to winter over.

Pierre
07-03-2014, 11:14 AM
I have been on the lake only once. It is supposed to have Rainbows in the lake. When we trolled the lake, we saw big numbers of fish on the sonar unit, but could not get a bite.
Tight lines!

I've not been there, but have been meaning to go there and from the limited info I can find about the lake, that seems to be the norm there and at another close by trout lake.:thinking-006:

Deep
07-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks, all this is great to know......planning for success. Deep