PDA

View Full Version : Cross Lake

Stally77
07-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Looking into going to Cross Lake some time this summer. Just looking for any Pros or Cons for this Lake/Campground. Prolly be a 4.5 hour drive for us so any feed back is greatly appreciated! Ive looked at the reserve parks website and it looks descent? I've researched it to be a good lake for perch. Cheers

lilsundance
07-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Fishing can be hit and miss. Last year we got into some good perch for a couple days then the weather changed and they quit biting. The lake can get quite green with algea. Over all the camping is great as they have paved walking paths through out the camping area and several playgrounds for kids. I will be there again this year first part of Aug for a week.

Stally77
07-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Thx! Looking forward to heading there. We are going in late august.

CDNPiper
07-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I've been to Cross 4 times over the last 2 years and have found it a great lake to fish. I've mostly caught smallish pike and am usually fishing with my two boys and wife. I have young kids and even a small pike is very exciting for them. I've also watched people get perch but as a previous poster said they can be fussy depending on weather and conditions.

If you are fishing with the family it is a fun lake. It is the lake where my 7 year old caught the fishing bug after landing a ~40cm pike and then holding it in the water to feel it swim away in his hands.

I haven't been able to cross the lake while trolling with a Shad-Rap perch pattern without catching at least one pike.

Bushleague
07-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Good pike fishing, nice campground. If you head west from the dock into the southwest corner of the lake theres some channels and cat tail beds. We did surprisingly well casting spinnerbaits around the weed beds back in there, even though it was fairly far into the summer and I would have thought the bigger fish would be deeper.