PDA

View Full Version : Food , Guns , Girls

RBI
07-04-2014, 09:22 AM
A story on Global this morning shows a restaurant in Rifle Col. called Shooters , that does things a little different than we do here in Calgary . ( But I bet they can't legally sell liquor at 7:00 am )

http://globalnews.ca/news/1431398/waitresses-carry-loaded-guns-at-gun-friendly-u-s-restaurant/
:sHa_shakeshout:

Okotokian
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Bet they have very few cases of dine-and-dash, and who wants to stiff the tired, wound up, armed waitress on her tip? ;)

However, this part of the stoy confuses me:
"Colorado is not among those states where openly carrying guns anywhere in public is legal but at Shooters Grill in the river town of Rifle, open display of firearms is encouraged..."

If it's not legal, how are they doing it?

hillbillyreefer
07-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Bet they have very few cases of dine-and-dash, and who wants to stiff the tired, wound up, armed waitress on her tip? ;)

However, this part of the stoy confuses me:
"Colorado is not among those states where openly carrying guns anywhere in public is legal but at Shooters Grill in the river town of Rifle, open display of firearms is encouraged..."

If it's not legal, how are they doing it?

It's not public. It's private property, you know the part they left out of our constitution, property rights.

afranzky
07-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Sad truth is that we give the criminals more rights than the victims. If you ever have to protect yourself or your family, even from an animal, you will have to prove that your life was in danger (ie: your leg is still in the bear's mouth).

elkhunter11
07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Sad truth is that we give the criminals more rights than the victims. If you ever have to protect yourself or your family, even from an animal, you will have to prove that your life was in danger (ie: your leg is still in the bear's mouth).

The laws are very different in Colorado, than they are here in Canada.

fish gunner
07-04-2014, 12:17 PM

If the bear is 10' away is it attacking you ...actual and perceived, two different things

expmler
07-04-2014, 01:27 PM
If the bear is 10' away is it attacking you ...actual and perceived, two different things

If I can see it's eyes, YES. If I can see it's tail, NO.

Matt L.
07-04-2014, 02:07 PM

If a bear was 10' away and acting aggressive, I doubt even you would hesitate. I know I sure as hell am not going to wait til it actually attacks to defend myself with spray, lead, fly rod, whatever.