PDA

View Full Version : Friday night car meets

Rumtan
07-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Anyone here go to United cycle on a Friday night to show off their bike or car? I am thinking of heading there tonight and wondered if there were any other car buffs from here going. I will be taking my grey Porsche Boxster S, so if you see me say hi.

NEWB
07-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Anyone here go to United cycle on a Friday night to show off their bike or car? I am thinking of heading there tonight and wondered if there were any other car buffs from here going. I will be taking my grey Porsche Boxster S, so if you see me say hi.

I used to go but it became a giant Tupperware party. Lots of riced out Honda Civics, beat up rusted cars, people disrespecting others vehicles and clowns ripping through the parking lot spraying rocks while driving too fast.

No thanks. I’d rather be fishing!

Rumtan
07-04-2014, 10:18 AM
This will be my first time of going there, maybe its not as much fun as it was described?

NEWB
07-04-2014, 10:21 AM
This will be my first time of going there, maybe its not as much fun as it was described?

It never was. The UC meet was very over hyped. It is about as obnoxious as taking your car to West Edmonton Mall on Boxing day...

Go check it out though and see for your self. It may have changed but I doubt it..

There are local Clubs you can check out. IE) Porche, BMW, Mercedes, etc. I found the local club meets are more valuable than the Fast and Furious meets.

colour86
07-04-2014, 10:25 AM
I used to go every week for a few years, ran a local car club and went with sometimes 10 guys, crowd is 90% sport compacts, the odd old muscle car or exotic shows up. Its been ages since I have gone though it could have changed. Lots of tight knit groups of friends, so it can be hard to actually have a conversation if your out of the circle of regulars. The "cruise" at the end of the night usually ended up at west Edmonton mall, but the drive was 160km/h down the whitemud which is ridiculous. The main meet is usually posted at www.780tuners.com but the website doesn't have the traffic it used to.