PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 20ft V nosed enclosed Trailer

rusty99
07-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Hi guys,
I'm on the verge of buying a 20ft V nosed enclosed trailer. Its a 2007 Wells Cargo Brand Silver Sport Skidoo Trailer, model is a SSW142 Deluxe, full aluminum construction (frame, body & wheels), insulated roof but no furnace and 2 x 3500 lbs axels. I was thinking this would be a good alternative until I can afford a small toy hauler travel trailer. I've seen a few people have outfitted these V nose trailer with sleeping quarters and other such amenities.
I'm planning to tow 2 ATVs & 1 dirt bike in it. Then setup up a small living/sleeping area.

Any advice or pointers before I make the deal? I would love to see some photos of people's units all decked out.

Thanks
Russ

dumoulin
07-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I thought about getting one too and converting it as a camper/toy hauler.

4 fold down bunks
Small house fridge
RV furnace
Propane bottles
Storage box for a propane stove and kitchen stuff
Rack for boots helmets and jackets
Rack for water bottles

coreya3212
07-04-2014, 10:08 PM
I would make sure the whole thing was insulated, not just the roof. Also, personally I would nt have a v nose, as I would use the tongue space to store your propane, I wouldn't want them in the enclosure with me. I know guys with sleds need the v nose with the door so you can drive thru so whatever is important to you. A roof vent is nice as well as a couple of the 12 v lights. Sliding window in the door is a good idea. Folding cost as opposed to built in make things more versatile. YMMV. Good luck.

rusty99
07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
I agree, I should look into 12volt lighting and how I would mount propane tanks in the future should I add a furance etc...

I would also like some way to add a 110 power outlets. Would be nice to be able to hook up a generator and have some plugs in outlets inside the trailer.

Thanks for the input guys, keep the suggestion coming!

Cheers
Russ

coreya3212
07-04-2014, 11:43 PM
My dad built a 16 ft. He put a cabinet, upper and lower right in the front across the width. In the lower cupboard, the furnace is installed where one door would be, then in the middle two doors is actual cabinet space and the a fridge in the space in the end, just the little bar fridge, 24 inches. Upper cabinets are storage. Propane piped under from the tongue as well as wired 110 plugs over the counter top. Trickle charger is in the lower cabinet all wired in, so when you plug in the generator, your 12v are charging. All wiring just goes from under the tongue up under the cabinet. Neat and tidy. Everything else is not built in. We runa cot across the back and one along the side. Two lawn chairs for getting dressed or whatever and a set of coat racks over the chairs. Clothes get hung up. Roof vent and sliding window opened a crack when the furnace is on just to be safe.

rusty99
07-05-2014, 01:07 AM
My dad built a 16 ft. He put a cabinet, upper and lower right in the front across the width. In the lower cupboard, the furnace is installed where one door would be, then in the middle two doors is actual cabinet space and the a fridge in the space in the end, just the little bar fridge, 24 inches. Upper cabinets are storage. Propane piped under from the tongue as well as wired 110 plugs over the counter top. Trickle charger is in the lower cabinet all wired in, so when you plug in the generator, your 12v are charging. All wiring just goes from under the tongue up under the cabinet. Neat and tidy. Everything else is not built in. We runa cot across the back and one along the side. Two lawn chairs for getting dressed or whatever and a set of coat racks over the chairs. Clothes get hung up. Roof vent and sliding window opened a crack when the furnace is on just to be safe.

sounds like a really nice trailer setup your dads has. Any pictures you could post for us to see?

coreya3212
07-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I knew you would ask but I don't have any. He lives in a differente province. Pm your email address and maybe he can forward me some.

AdAMxr
07-05-2014, 09:04 AM
You should also consider getting it spray foamed. Makes a world of difference especially under the trailer, along the frame.