PDA

View Full Version : Huge spike in gas prices in Egypt!!

CanuckShooter
07-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Unreal....78% increase in prices overnight and we thought things were bad here!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/egypt-declares-huge-increase-in-gasoline-prices-1.2697252?cmp=rss

Egypt's government raised the prices of fuel by up to 78 per cent starting Saturday, following on a promise to cut subsidies that eat up nearly a quarter of the country's budget, the official news agency reported.

bison
07-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Who cares?

purgatory.sv
07-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Interesting.

troutbug
07-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Who cares?

yup...............

Smokey
07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Who cares?

Why do people read it, if they don't. Definitely is interesting. Egypt is screwed.

Flanny
07-04-2014, 10:11 PM
"...with the price jumping 78 per cent to 22 cents per litre. Diesel fuel, used by most of Egypt's public transport and trucks, increased 64 per cent to 25 cents a litre."

Flanny

silverdoctor
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
22 cents a liter? I wish.

Texican
07-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Tempo in Spruce Grove was at 116.9 today. Big lineup when I went by.

purgatory.sv
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Balance will be obtained when the keepers have to adjust.

Are the keepers in Egypt or is the Middle East just the valve?

Redfrog
07-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Not my rice bowl.:thinking-006:Don't feel bad for a country where gas is 22 cents a litre and Canada sends finacial aid.

colin455
07-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Hmmm. Let's see here. They pump the oil out of their ground and then refine it to gasoline. They have super cheap gasoline for their populace.
Why the hell am I paying $1.25L for 15% Ethanol crap gas? The Octane rating is so low, it barely qualifies to be called fuel.
Instead of selling it for nearly free and piping our bitumen across the continent, how about we invest some of our transfer payment money in a refinery and make fuel here in Alberta?
Quebec can just get less than their normal $7.833 BILLION free dollars from the rest of Canada. Maybe we can send them some money managers to show them how to budget?
For that matter, what if we suspend Foreign Aid for a couple years? We need to pay off our own bills, not throw money away. If they raise their gasoline to 24C a litre, it would probably make up the shortfall from less handouts. Seriously, it's not like the money goes to feeding the population anyway.
It should be a Law that you cannot sell a Natural Resource to a Foreign (non-Albertan/Canadian) for less than the home populace is forced to pay. End of story. Why is this concept so foreign to the Government? Don't give me "profit's" crap. Charge the Foreign consumer a little more. You're not competitive if you are practically giving it away, it's so cheap. You're just stupid.

Kurt505
07-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Hmmm. Let's see here. They pump the oil out of their ground and then refine it to gasoline. They have super cheap gasoline for their populace.
Why the hell am I paying $1.25L for 15% Ethanol crap gas? The Octane rating is so low, it barely qualifies to be called fuel.
Instead of selling it for nearly free and piping our bitumen across the continent, how about we invest some of our transfer payment money in a refinery and make fuel here in Alberta?
Quebec can just get less than their normal $7.833 BILLION free dollars from the rest of Canada. Maybe we can send them some money managers to show them how to budget?
It should be a Law that you cannot sell a Natural Resource to a Foreign (non-Albertan/Canadian) for less than the home populace is forced to pay. End of story. Why is this concept so foreign to the Government? Don't give me "profit's" crap. Charge the Foreign consumer a little more. You're not competitive if you are practically giving it away, it's so cheap. You're just stupid.

I like your way of thinking.

Smokey
07-05-2014, 11:17 AM
For that matter, what if we suspend Foreign Aid for a couple years? We need to pay off our own bills, not throw money away. If they raise their gasoline to 24C a litre, it would probably make up the shortfall from less handouts. Seriously, it's not like the money goes to feeding the population anyway.

Increasing our refining capacity and shipping our crude east could win a election. Always wonder why this is a non issue in Canada. I guess the East likes their foreign oil.

fordtruckin
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Who cares?

Who knows, why does it seem like everyone cares whenever someone in the States farts? My guess is if fuel prices go up there, sooner or later they will go up here.....again....:sign0176:

Mb-MBR
07-05-2014, 11:22 AM

At least this what the U.S tells us under NAFTA!!!!

bison
07-05-2014, 12:25 PM
You make to much sense.
It is beyond a politician's intelligence level to incorporate sense in their policy making