PDA

View Full Version : no reply

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 04:45 PM
I've notice a strange thing on this forum,people will post a comment or two in a thread but if you ask for clarification as to where they got their info from or where in the thread is the comment they are posting about?....all of a sudden they never return to that thread. Are people really that afraid of being wrong ,is it that hard to say sorry I miss read or miss understood the post. I been wrong lots in my life and will be a few times more I imagine
married twice so I'm use to it....lol. Ok that's it rant over.

Mack

Dacotensis
07-06-2014, 06:49 PM
I've notice a strange thing on this forum,people will post a comment or two in a thread but if you ask for clarification as to where they got their info from or where in the thread is the comment they are posting about?....all of a sudden they never return to that thread. Are people really that afraid of being wrong ,is it that hard to say sorry I miss read or miss understood the post. I been wrong lots in my life and will be a few times more I imagine

Mack
Yes.
And, some people just don't want to argue.....
So they move on.
It's the internet afterall

Wth made you marry twice?
Do you enjoy being miserable?
Or did you enjoy making others miserable? :)

wwbirds
07-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Should be tempered with the disclaimer "it is my opinion" and then there is no need to go back and forth arguing or discussing the individual points which ultimately benefit no one and usually get threads locked.
Some of us are very slow to learn that "opinions" are very unlikely to change from discussing yours or any one persons viewpoint on an issue,

I had a very long explanation nearly ready on a popular debate yesterday when I went back to cut and paste another quote and insert it into my retort my whole response disappeared to cyber space.
Rather than retype it I just said it really doesn't matter if I respond to someone else perception. In the grand scheme of things debate is unlikely to change anything. We can't convert anti hunters, poachers, haters, zealots of any kind etc etc so why bother.

Ken07AOVette
07-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Some people just can not believe anything anyone says without written proof, yet are too lazy to google for themselves.

It generally means they are calling someone a liar, and are looking for a fight.

Lefty-Canuck
07-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Some people just can not believe anything anyone says without written proof, yet are too lazy to google for themselves.

It generally means they are calling someone a liar, and are looking for a fight.

No it doesn't :) :) :)

LC :)

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes.
And, some people just don't want to argue.....
So they move on.
It's the internet afterall

Wth made you marry twice?
Do you enjoy being miserable?
Or did you enjoy making others miserable? :)

The easiest way not to argue is to not postquestionable statments

As for the marriages I had two weekends I could not fish:):)

Mack

rugatika
07-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Actually, it's just good form to provide links and references to any info you post as much as is practical when debating someone. Try handing in a paper without references for any "facts" you include. Goose Egg city. (I know...interwebs does not = Univ level debate) :)

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Should be tempered with the disclaimer "it is my opinion" and then there is no need to go back and forth arguing or discussing the individual points which ultimately benefit no one and usually get threads locked.
Some of us are very slow to learn that "opinions" are very unlikely to change from discussing yours or any one persons viewpoint on an issue,

I had a very long explanation nearly ready on a popular debate yesterday when I went back to cut and paste another quote and insert it into my retort my whole response disappeared to cyber space.
Rather than retype it I just said it really doesn't matter if I respond to someone else perception. In the grand scheme of things debate is unlikely to change anything. We can't convert anti hunters, poachers, haters, zealots of any kind etc etc so why bother.

You are right a persons opinion is theirs so in some cases they should keep them or back them up ......:)
Just my opinion .............:sHa_shakeshout:

twofifty
07-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Most days this place is like High School.

Some days we forge IDs and head to the bar, so the conversation is bar-like, in other words it hops around and people don't get their panties bunched up when a thread drifts. Or people call each other outside. lol.

Other times, this place is like interviewing for a PhD defence. You gotta have your facts straight or you're done like dinner.

It's all good.

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Most days this place is like High School.

Some days we forge IDs and head to the bar, so the conversation is bar-like, in other words it hops around and people don't get their panties bunched up when a thread drifts. Or people call each other outside. lol.

Other times, this place is like interviewing for a PhD defence. You gotta have your facts straight or you're done like dinner.

It's all good.

As far as the forum I have no real issues people in general want to help others.

Mack

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Sorry but if you want to contradict a statment I make you should bring the proof there's no sence in me looking it up I already know the answer or I would not have posted but if you show me I'm wrong I will admit it not run from the thread. I don't think that is looking for a fight. Its a respect thing

Mack

Albertadiver
07-06-2014, 09:43 PM
I'll be back!

:scared0018:

Ken07AOVette
07-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry but if you want to contradict a statment I make you should bring the proof there's no sence in me looking it up I already know the answer or I would not have posted but if you show me I'm wrong I will admit it not run from the thread. I don't think that is looking for a fight. Its a respect thing

Mack

I am saying the same thing.

I make a statement and someone else starts asking for proof I sometimes tell them to check google.

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 09:56 PM
I'll be back!

:scared0018:

I'll be here:scared0015:

purgatory.sv
07-06-2014, 10:00 PM

Mack

I am always misinformed.

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 10:03 PM
I am saying the same thing.

I make a statement and someone else starts asking for proof I sometimes tell them to check google.

You missed what my intent was.

If I make a statment I will bring the proof....

If you contradic my statement you should bring the proof

Sorry if I did not explain better

Mack

Albertadiver
07-06-2014, 10:04 PM
You missed what my intent was.

If I make a statment I will bring the proof....

If you contradic my statement you should bring the proof

Sorry if I did not explain better

Mack

Look my friend.... You're new here.

It will get better. Or worse.... Either way, welcome to AO! :sHa_shakeshout::argue2::love0025:

Mackinaw
07-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Look my friend.... You're new here.

It will get better. Or worse.... Either way, welcome to AO! :sHa_shakeshout::argue2::love0025:

Thanks for the welcome been interesting so far lololol