PDA

View Full Version : Mopar guys.

Dacotensis
07-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Thought I would give you a glimpse of a 40 year old ready to get dressed up and go out on the town.
It's been awhile for her....
Here's hoping the next owner does the right thing to it.

silverdoctor
07-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Would love to have the time to tackle a project like that.

There was a pretty good car show behind Bonnie Doon Mall today, some nice old muscle. Beautiful '70 GTO, 57 fuel injected Bel, few brits, couple of old cop cars, quite a few surprises.

Reeves1
07-07-2014, 06:32 AM
Dac - gotta be more to the story !

I'd never own one, but think all hot rods of the day are "cool".

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 06:37 AM
My buddy had one in similar condition with the intent of fixing her up. After a couple years under a tarp, he sold it to someone who had more time and money to do her right, and he sold it for a loss, but probably in a better place today.

Hunter1602
07-07-2014, 09:28 AM
I remember the day I sold my 1970 Duster..

Dacotensis
07-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Dac - gotta be more to the story !

I'd never own one, but think all hot rods of the day are "cool".

This challenger belonged to a distant relative.
They have decided to move.
They were the third owners of the car.
They said it ran when they parked it there, just never had time for a restoration.

Because I'm not on Facebook,I missed the deal.
But my sister and bil scooped it.

I went out and loaded it up for them.

The unmistakable smell of old car interior hit me like a hammer when I opened the door.
The interior is in surprisingly nice condition.
I was pleasantly surprised that it slipped into neutral without a key for the ignition.

Like Sd said, it would be nice to have the time to set in and go on a project like this.
I don't think the bil and his son know what they're getting into....

I would like to find a buyer for an old 64 olds 88 rather than sending it to the crusher.
Who knew I had a soft spot for some old cars?
I must be changing.
But hey, there are fewer and fewer every year. So I try:)

ACKLEY ABE
07-07-2014, 12:07 PM
WOW...A real Challenger...now where to find a 383 or 440 mag for it.... It demands a big block...:)

Bushrat
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Like Sd said, it would be nice to have the time to set in and go on a project like this.
I don't think the bil and his son know what they're getting into....

Yup people have no idea how much work and money it takes to do restorations properly. They watch these car restoration shows and see them butcher a car back together in what seems like no time at all to auction it off to some sucker, a car that might look nice for tv but most are nothing but a pile of patch panels and bondo.
A local guy bought a mopar at Barret Jackson, paid over $100,000, when he got it home they put it up on a hoist to do the out of province inspection all the bondo they put in the subframe to cover the rust and painted nice and shiny over, collapsed and crumbled to the floor. The car was a total piece of rusted out crap buried under the nice shiny paint.

Jamie Black R/T
07-07-2014, 02:07 PM
WOW...A real Challenger...now where to find a 383 or 440 mag for it.... It demands a big block...:)

wheres the 340 love?!?

Mb-MBR
07-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Yup people have no idea how much work and money it takes to do restorations properly. They watch these car restoration shows and see them butcher a car back together in what seems like no time at all to auction it off to some sucker, a car that might look nice for tv but most are nothing but a pile of patch panels and bondo.
A local guy bought a mopar at Barret Jackson, paid over $100,000, when he got it home they put it up on a hoist to do the out of province inspection all the bondo they put in the subframe to cover the rust and painted nice and shiny over, collapsed and crumbled to the floor. The car was a total piece of rusted out crap buried under the nice shiny paint.

Wow......................im sure the guy had enough money for this not to hurt him to much!!!

ACKLEY ABE
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM
wheres the 340 love?!?

Had a '69 Dart GT with a 340..It was great but as they say...There's no replacement for displacement.

unclebuck
07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Looks more like a moped to me rather than a mopar!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

bobalong
07-07-2014, 08:42 PM
The owner of one of the garages I go to everyday has this beast. It is a 1969 Charger, licence plate is Nasty69. He said he has over a 100k into the restoration, and would let it go for 200k. Always wanted one of these back in the day, would need the Lotomax to get one now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Maps/69charger_zps7078634d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobalong/media/Maps/69charger_zps7078634d.jpg.html)

Mayhem
07-07-2014, 09:02 PM
The owner of one of the garages I go to everyday has this beast. It is a 1969 Charger, licence plate is Nasty69. He said he has over a 100k into the restoration, and would let it go for 200k. Always wanted one of these back in the day, would need the Lotomax to get one now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Maps/69charger_zps7078634d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobalong/media/Maps/69charger_zps7078634d.jpg.html)

I recognize that car, was there a while back yakking with him about it as well. First time I had ever taken a really close look at one, it's actually a lot bigger body than I thought, gotta be 17 or 18 feet long.

Dacotensis
07-07-2014, 11:28 PM
I delivered the car today.
I'm glad to have it off my trailer.

Some guys are obviously nuts about cars.

I had five guys come to my door in 24 hours and ask about the car.
Ppl still look at these cars even on trailers going down the yellow head.

So full of potential....

I picked up an ice racer on my way home:)
88 Nissan max.
Showing 120k on a v6. Drove it right on the trailer.

Do guys actually enjoy ice racing?
I might have a new winter hobby. :thinking-006:

Right next to kens ice shack :sHa_shakeshout:

Maybe I'll just sell it.