PDA

View Full Version : 2015 elections make sure you vote! liberals justin trudeau gaining power

biggameassassin
07-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes. The reason I strongly suggest young people to vote is because I am still only in my early 20's and I know a lot of people don't vote or don't do research into what party they vote and our opinions matter and alot of young people really dont realize it
so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for because only each and every single individual can help bring positive change to canada. Just curious what party you like and why?

brownbomber
07-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Follow my debunking of the JT myth on twitter.

bison
07-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes. The reason I strongly suggest young people to vote is because I am still only in my early 20's and I know a lot of people don't vote or don't do research into what party they vote and our opinions matter and alot of young people really dont realize it
so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for because only each and every single individual can help bring positive change to canada. Just curious what party you like and why?
You're still in your twenties!
At that age You still lack the life experience to cast a meaningful vote and suggesting that Ijit Trudeau can lead our country only enforces your inexperience.

PS: Places and Names start with a CAPITAL letter,...go back to school boy
I'll vote alright but it won't be the for the shiny pony tail :rolleye2:

Wild&Free
07-07-2014, 12:42 AM
At that age You still lack the life experience to cast a meaningful vote and suggesting that Ijit Trudeau can lead our country only enforces your inexperience.

Way to support the democratic process in the young.

BeeGuy
07-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Follow my debunking of the JT myth on twitter.

Debunking?

The man's hair speaks for itself.

biggameassassin
07-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Well I already know Stephen Harper isn't doing a very good job at leading our country so all the good things I've heard, read and researched about seems as though Justin Trudeau is a better option. At least he's not selling our country to the Chinese like harper is. And ya way to encourage young voters -.- .... shows what faith older people have in their kids generation

Wild&Free
07-07-2014, 01:54 AM
The liberal parties platform probably makes more sense to you, but Justin Trudeau isn't a great leadership candidate imo. I will most likely be using my vote to promote a minority/coalition government.

there are also more then just the 5 elected parties in Canada, and membership into any party is simple to obtain. the unelected ones usually have some good ideas, just lack the manpower and support to get those ideas heard.

remember all politicians are allowed to make campaign promises they do not have to keep once getting elected so the character of the candidate in your riding is also an important factor to consider.

Unregistered user
07-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Libs will try to take our guns, and let us never forget how his ol' man screwed Alberta.

elkhunter11
07-07-2014, 05:34 AM
If you want to see the western oil producers, namely Alberta, lose money, and you want the long gun registration back, as well as even more firearms laws, then by all means, vote for Trudeau. Do a little research on the National Energy Program that Trudeau's father tried to shove down our throats.

oldgutpile
07-07-2014, 05:37 AM
As much as you do not like what Mr.Harper is doing at present, he has had a very good term in the way of stability for our country, while many others are on the verge of bankruptcy. As you pay attention for the rest of your voting life, you will find that experience is a key factor. While JT may appear as the new shiny option, he has waffled on so many issues, put his foot in his mouth continuously (his bashing the west speach is a true classic!), and gotten in trouble with so many contentious issues, just to get attention. This is a potential "wannabe" born into money, who wants to run a country, when in reality,he has never had to struggle with his own finances. He lacks the necessary life skills and experience, and I dread the time, when he attempts to gain that experience on MY dime!

Here is a tip you can take to the bank: You can always tell when a professional politician is lying; just watch for his lips to move!

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Well I already know Stephen Harper isn't doing a very good job at leading our country so all the good things I've heard, read and researched about seems as though Justin Trudeau is a better option. At least he's not selling our country to the Chinese like harper is. And ya way to encourage young voters -.- .... shows what faith older people have in their kids generation

And what do you know about politics? You do understand that Trudeau Jr doesn't have an original idea in his whole body right? That is why he flops around with all his ideas in public. Any real ideas are the subject of his handlers, and if I wanted his handlers to lead through him, I would vote for them myself. The Liberal party elected him leader because of his name, and that is the appeal to many. He really has no substance, and no leadership skills. All the leadership are faceless people and he is nothing more than a puppet on a string. If you want a puppet leading you, then by all means vote for Trudeau.

Mulcair's politics have pushed him to be loathed by the majority. He does not have the charisma that Layton had, but atleast he does not have the lack of morals and self entitlement that Jack Layton had. I will never vote for a party who's leader thinks it is acceptable to live in subsidized housing when both him and his wife earned big dollars like Layton and Chow did for many years in Toronto. Any party that votes for such scoundrels is not a party you want leading your country. The least that will happen is your taxes goes up. The worst that will happen is our country will be bankrupt funding everyone who chooses not to work, and the welfare role will increase tenfold under their policies. Why would one work when their government gives them everything. But someone needs to pay for it, and guess what that will be those few Canadians left working.

Another issue with both the Liberal and the NDP parties, is they both think that we Canadians are not responsible enough to own firearms. So they will make gun ownership increasingly difficult, and more so under the NDP, so much to the point that you may not even be permitted to keep your own guns in your own house anymore. And then when the gangs still keep killing, both parties will wonder why, because they had banned all the guns, and will be shocked to learn that the gangs didn't turn in their guns despite the laws.

You may not like how Harper leads, but at least he leads. He keeps control of his politicians, and punishes them when they step out of line. There are several examples of this, and this is what a leader does.

However since the media is the way it is, they are very critical of everything that Harper does, and that is why you see issues in the news with the senate scandals revolving around PC members Wallin and Duffy, but not around Liberals like Mac Harb, who's fraud tops $231,000 of claimed expenses, which was more than both Wallin and Duffy put together.

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 06:02 AM

There is a good saying. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. It only seems that way when you are looking at it from one side, but once you are there, you see it really isn't much different, and often there could be issues with other things, which could be far worse than the issues you left for in the first place. Politics is very similar.

I want you to understand that just because some of us are putting down Trudeau, it is not in an attempt to dissuade you from politics, it is to let you understand that the grass may seem greener on Trudeau's side of the fence, but the water sucks, and there is no shelter on his farm. So you may be tempted by that nice shiny green grass, but at least on Harper's farm the water tastes better, and you can hide from the rain and snow in shelter he provides.

TBD
07-07-2014, 06:44 AM
... stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes.

I'm an undecided voter, please elaborate

... so what ever party you do choose to vote for make sure you take sometime at least 30 minuites out of your time to do research on the party you want to elect and what they stand for ...

Where did you find the information that helped you decide JT was your man ?

marxman
07-07-2014, 07:07 AM
trudeau is getting smarter but is still a stupid kid trotted out by a cynical liberal party. he has proved difficult to control and thinks hes an actual leader and may prove to be so to our detriment. his energy and ego are strong. i dont know why anyone would want to vote for him unless they are enthusiastic and a little dim

leeaspell
07-07-2014, 07:11 AM

And here I was gonna go vote for Harper, glad you let me know my vote is meaningless, leaves more time for drinking cheap beer and playing Call of Duty in my buddies basement.

PS: At what age is it acceptable for me to go vote?

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Here is a good article that explains Trudeau's lack of real substance. Just hot air.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/05/justin-trudeau-continues-his-partys-time-honoured-tradition-of-talking-gibberish-about-pricing-carbon-dioxide?token=690407c723bbc98349a405bc05ba73c6&utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_facebook&utm_campaign=Justin+Trudeau+continues+his+party%E2 %80%99s+time-honoured+tradition+of+talking+gibberis#.U7pKp1Xf2t g.facebook

coolpete1
07-07-2014, 07:23 AM
if your looking for JT support shouldn't you be on a anti gun or i love weed site? not gonna find much support for that nitwit here.

lilsundance
07-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Why would anyone vote for a leader that envies China's political regime? Harper has made mistakes, he admits it. But at least he is for the country and our rights. JT, like his father, wants to control us and our thoughts. The one thing both the NDP and Liberal parties hate are free thinkers.

avb3
07-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Is it just coincidence, or is there a lot of tongue in cheek going on in this thread?

I'm referring to the horrible sentence structure and lack of capitalization.

Come on everyone, this is not a texting app, this is a forum. Do your fellow users a favor and try and make things easy for us to read.

Of course if your a twenty year old JT fan, many of us understand. It's OK, you to can grow out of it. Just because your a fan of that vapid empty shell of a person, doesn't mean you have show that you are one too.

BlackHeart
07-07-2014, 07:54 AM

The silver lining for you is that, if JT is voted in and revives his daddy's NEP legacy or enacts any other lame excuses to expropriate Alberta's growth, you'll probably be the one if the first to have plenty off on EI to do some better research other than Facebook and twitter. In fact plan to take 3 or 4 years off and get that degree in poverty.

silver
07-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Oh I do plan on voting, but since I remember what Pierre did to the west, it won't be for JT.

CanuckShooter
07-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I just don't understand why the Harper government seems to forsake our military? Why do they find it important to send money to the Palestinian authority.... but close veterans offices and coast guard stations?? It makes me wonder what is more important to SH?

Why do we have whole communities living with boil water advisories in Canada....and Harper is paying to drill new wells in Afghanistan?

They are supposed to be hard on crime....and yet we still hear news stories of released rapists and serial killers being released from jail...really Paul Bernardo is getting married...can this be real?

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE, is there are a lot of things to criticize the Harper government about too. Real life things, not imaginary what ifs because Justins daddy was PM.

JT has come out in support of a national Carbon Tax...he lost any chance of gaining my interest with that trash....

silverdoctor
07-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I just don't understand why the Harper government seems to forsake our military? Why do they find it important to send money to the Palestinian authority.... but close veterans offices and coast guard stations?? It makes me wonder what is more important to SH?

Why do we have whole communities living with boil water advisories in Canada....and Harper is paying to drill new wells in Afghanistan?

They are supposed to be hard on crime....and yet we still hear news stories of released rapists and serial killers being released from jail...really Paul Bernardo is getting married...can this be real?

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE, is there are a lot of things to criticize the Harper government about too. Real life things, not imaginary what ifs because Justins daddy was PM.

JT has come out in support of a national Carbon Tax...he lost any chance of gaining my interest with that trash....

It's because Harper seems to want to be the USA, and we are being modelled as such. What happens down south is sure to come here. Pass new laws in the south, and they get passed here. We laugh at our American neighbors for bending over and taking it, but we can't see what's happening here in our own back yard. Yes, Harper has had his gaff's, did he reverse anything?

In this forum, it seems guns are the big sticking point when it comes to politics. Harper is a friend to the gun owners, Harper killed the LGR... I don't think so. Harper made a promise to kill the LGR to gain votes, plain and simple, he hasn't done anything else with regards to firearms – he's not going to do anything else and he has said it publicly. He didn't sign the UN arms agreement, but that doesn't matter much anyway. Anyone that believes he will do anything with the firearms act, a career killer, better give their head a good shake.

Lets not forget the reclassification of firearms that Blarney signed off on - that automatically makes owners of those firearms criminals. But then, oops, we'll give you amnesty - you're still a criminal but here's a temporary pardon. How's that for rights, I have a feeling this will be seen more and more in the future. How many firearms were prohibited or restricted in the wake of the LGR going away? This was on Harpers watch no?

We don't have rights in Canada anymore, we are basically given permission. Do people really think they have a right to bear arms in Canada? I'm amazed at how many people think we have miranda rights, we are NOT the USA... Wait til the RCMP do another reclassification of firearms – there WILL be fallout and retaliation from the Moncton shooting. Right now it's too fresh, but it's going to get interesting.

Harper is for the country and our rights? He basically just flipped the supreme court the bird over C-13 and S-4 to take away rights and privacy on police needing warrants. Rights indeed. When Canadians are being told that yes, indeed we are going to trample the heck out of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but if you feel hard done by feel free to use the courts.

On the liberals, yep, they want to take away your gun rights. Any gun owner that reads this should get a chill down their spine. At least they are in your face and public about it...

http://www.liberal.ca/151-guns-violence/

WHEREAS the Australian Conservative government of John Howard successfully reduced the number of firearms in that country through proactive initiatives such as gun buybacks which led to decreases in the rates of firearm-related crimes, homicides and suicides;

If Trudeau gets in with a majority – and I suspect he will – we're going to find out how many Candians have cold dead hands. The Aussies rolled over and took it, same will happen here I suspect.

bison
07-07-2014, 09:03 AM
And here I was gonna go vote for Harper, glad you let me know my vote is meaningless, leaves more time for drinking cheap beer and playing Call of Duty in my buddies basement.

PS: At what age is it acceptable for me to go vote?You might be alright, you did,'t talk stupid like the OP.;)

Go vote:)

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 09:11 AM

If you can honestly list Justin Trudeau's mistakes then compare with Harper's (in context of are all parties equally guilty)... I will consider it.

rugatika
07-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Prime example of why the voting age should be raised to 30. :sHa_shakeshout:

Redfrog
07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Life's too short to vote for idiots.:thinking-006:

rugatika
07-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Is it just coincidence, or is there a lot of tongue in cheek going on in this thread?

I'm referring to the horrible sentence structure and lack of capitalization.

Come on everyone, this is not a texting app, this is a forum. Do your fellow users a favor and try and make things easy for us to read.

Of course if your a twenty year old JT fan, many of us understand. It's OK, you to can grow out of it. Just because your a fan of that vapid empty shell of a person, doesn't mean you have show that you are one too.

The problem with being a grammar Nazi is that you just know that someone is going to come along and scrutinize your grammar.

Your. You're. Sound the same but have entirely different meanings. :)

Winch101
07-07-2014, 09:28 AM
So if you were still soiling yourself when the holy ones were last in power
Canada's dark period is un known to you . Our west was reduced to third
World status . The final book on Entitlement was written ,where do you
the Queen of Red Tories got all her ideas . I don't doubt that a leader of
A great country like Canada Can be elected on coiffure only , just look
at what the Y generation hold dear , they love the view from the folks
basement , their Gods are even more ridiculous than the last two
Generations .
And by coincidence ,if the Liberals form the next government ,the
majority of the adult population will be soiling themselves . Isn't that
Great ,let's hope there are enough seniors with enough memory and
grey matter to fight off the eastern scourge .

alacringa
07-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone thought I'd raise the awareness of the next big election coming up in 2015, and to remind everyone not to forget to vote! Especially younger people.No matter what party you choose. I know alberta is mainly conservative but I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy, stephen harper has been in power too long and has made too many mistakes.

Hey, Justin -- how's it going? :D

For the record, I don't like any of them.

brownbomber
07-07-2014, 09:41 AM
If JT had actually accomplished something in his life that wasn't from the direct influence of his family name I might .......... No I would still have it in for him. Just screams delta bravo elitist. Only intellectuals should have money, the workers should be the working poor, if you don't have a degree we should be able to mold you into a drone that votes for us to keep the evil "man" off your back. He's a creep and a idiot.

silverdoctor
07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I thought I'd state that I think justin trudeau the liberal party should be voted in that's my opinion I think we need someone new in power with fresh ideas and I think justin trudeau is that guy

If Trudeau gets in you may want to consider changing your name to "guythatfishes". You probably won't have your firearms for much longer after the election.

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Does Trudeau believe in the communist China method of controlling their citizens?

brownbomber
07-07-2014, 09:51 AM
If Trudeau gets in you may want to consider changing your name to "guythatfishes". You probably won't have your firearms for much longer after the election.

Not guy that eats them either, you better catch and release that scaly friend of the earth

rugatika
07-07-2014, 09:51 AM

Why would we have any faith in someone that thinks Justin would make a good leader. I mean...really.

Ordinarily, I'd say, "Fine, don't believe me, go ahead and pee on the fence.", but in this case peeing on the fence is going to sink a whole country. So, don't pee on the fence!!! Look what happened when the USA peed on the same fence in 2008 and 2012. Do you really want to be the guy that says, "Gee, I guess you guys were all right. I wish I'd never peed on that fence. Can I bum a smoke...I'm a little short right now."?

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Just to be clear...

This is not another social science experiment on posting something leading and seeing where the wind takes it is it?

Trudeau lacks substance IMHO. Although in hindsight it was nice that he beat up Brazaeu. I would like to pick a different Conservative to box with him next.

silverdoctor
07-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Just to be clear...

This is not another social science experiment on posting something leading and seeing where the wind takes it is it?

Trudeau lacks substance IMHO. Although in hindsight it was nice that he beat up Brazaeu. I would like to pick a different Conservative to box with him next.

Makes one wonder...

A hunter and firearms owner calling for the election of the liberal party that publicly states it supports Australian firearms controls and will do the same here in Canada?

151. Fewer Guns, Less Violence

WHEREAS evidence demonstrates a clear relationship between the number of firearms in a society and the number of firearm-related homicides and suicides;

WHEREAS gun violence in our urban and suburban centres remains a significant threat to public safety;

WHEREAS incidents of firearm-related crimes, deaths and injuries decrease when access to firearms is combined with effective policies that keep firearms out of the hands of those who would use them to for such purposes;

WHEREAS the Australian Conservative government of John Howard successfully reduced the number of firearms in that country through proactive initiatives such as gun buybacks which led to decreases in the rates of firearm-related crimes, homicides and suicides;

BE IT RESOLVED that the primary objective of a Liberal government firearms policy shall be reducing the number of firearms in Canada through initiatives inspired by the Australian model.

Dr. Phil A
07-07-2014, 11:15 AM
My kids asked about the difference in the three main political parties in Canada when they were doing their social studies.

I told them the following:
Ages 0-12 you are a NDP .. you want everything paid for and that does happen.

12-25 you are a liberal..you want to make some of your own financial decisions as well as making some of your own money but you still want a safety net ie mom and dad to cover you some.

26 till death you become a conservative because once you start working and you see how much money is coming off your check for taxes and who is actually getting it and how it is being used ... you really get ticked. People who don't want to work standing their with their hand out while you are working for your money. Waste of funds for silly projects.

Eventually most clue in.

biggameassassin
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Truthfully this post was to get more young people to vote, i knew I'd get flared on my opinion but hey that's what happens when you step into the fire with a jug of gasoline hahaha ^.^. But really no matter who you vote for at least you vote and your opinion gets accounted for. Some people don't like change and rather stick to what they know, but most times change is good especially as we advance as a society we need new ideas we need to move forward and apply those ideas. So hopefully at least a few younger people seen this post and hopefully it changed their mind to maby consider looking into the next year's election and taking time to vote

ali#1
07-07-2014, 11:41 AM
The election is along ways away.

sjd
07-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm no Trudeau fan, but its funny that the hyper-partisans on this board take a "hear no evil, see no evil" approach to the Conservatives.

The roll backs on environmental legislation by the present government - gutting the Fisheries Act, the fired scientists and their general incompetence on the natural resource management file by alienating so many that our pipelines will never get built are far more offensive to me as an outdoorsmen than the long gun registry.

No-one has earned my vote yet.

abhunter8
07-07-2014, 11:51 AM
As much as you do not like what Mr.Harper is doing at present, he has had a very good term in the way of stability for our country, while many others are on the verge of bankruptcy. As you pay attention for the rest of your voting life, you will find that experience is a key factor. While JT may appear as the new shiny option, he has waffled on so many issues, put his foot in his mouth continuously (his bashing the west speach is a true classic!), and gotten in trouble with so many contentious issues, just to get attention. This is a potential "wannabe" born into money, who wants to run a country, when in reality,he has never had to struggle with his own finances. He lacks the necessary life skills and experience, and I dread the time, when he attempts to gain that experience on MY dime!

Here is a tip you can take to the bank: You can always tell when a professional politician is lying; just watch for his lips to move!

x2... It will be a very grave day for this country, the West and Outdoorsmen if JT get's in power! :sign0176:

silver
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
If you can honestly list Justin Trudeau's mistakes

He is a Trudeau, apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Dick284
07-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Truthfully this post was to get more young people to vote, i knew I'd get flared on my opinion but hey that's what happens when you step into the fire with a jug of gasoline hahaha ^.^. But really no matter who you vote for at least you vote and your opinion gets accounted for. Some people don't like change and rather stick to what they know, but most times change is good especially as we advance as a society we need new ideas we need to move forward and apply those ideas. So hopefully at least a few younger people seen this post and hopefully it changed their mind to maby consider looking into the next year's election and taking time to vote

Hopefully all young people from this forum see that the new shiny pony trotted out in front of them is making the same noises all the ponies before him did.

Remember folks that it was the Liberal Party of Canada that brought us the current Firearms Act, and all the un savory stuff contained within. Vote for these guys and expect a fate worse than Australiaian firearms owners received.....

I wonder out loud how long before someone from the LPC begins quoting replies from this thread?????

Winch101
07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
If you are an Albertan pretty unlikely you'd be pro Liberal maybe Edmonton
Centre . The reality of this country is that the largest population areas
Have Liberal Govts.....our votes mean squat ......sooooooooooo

We need a very strong Conservative provincial Govt ......this is the hill the
Next provincial election will be fought on.....Under someone like Prince Jim
Voters here will be tough to sway by the Rose .....I voted Rose twice now
But certainly with misgivings ....Stevie boy hasn't made many points east
Of Thunder Bay
Will be vely intelesting....

HunterDave
07-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Well I already know Stephen Harper isn't doing a very good job at leading our country so all the good things I've heard, read and researched about seems as though Justin Trudeau is a better option.

Harper got us through the recession to the envy of the rest of the G7 countries. I would say that he did an excellent job especially when the opposition parties were screaming for him to spend his way out of it. If he had done what they wanted we'd be in a hell of a mess with a huge deficit.

Trudeau's view of the economy is that the economy will take care of itself.....Are you kidding me?

As far as I can tell, Trudeau only has 3 issues in the Liberal platform.....Legalize marijuana, pro-life wrt abortion and creating a carbon tax. I don't know what other great ideas that he has that people would throw their support behind.....other than having a famous name and nice hair. Do you?

5Lgreenback
07-07-2014, 12:25 PM
It's because Harper seems to want to be the USA, and we are being modelled as such. What happens down south is sure to come here. Pass new laws in the south, and they get passed here. We laugh at our American neighbors for bending over and taking it, but we can't see what's happening here in our own back yard. Yes, Harper has had his gaff's, did he reverse anything?

In this forum, it seems guns are the big sticking point when it comes to politics. Harper is a friend to the gun owners, Harper killed the LGR... I don't think so. Harper made a promise to kill the LGR to gain votes, plain and simple, he hasn't done anything else with regards to firearms – he's not going to do anything else and he has said it publicly. He didn't sign the UN arms agreement, but that doesn't matter much anyway. Anyone that believes he will do anything with the firearms act, a career killer, better give their head a good shake.

Lets not forget the reclassification of firearms that Blarney signed off on - that automatically makes owners of those firearms criminals. But then, oops, we'll give you amnesty - you're still a criminal but here's a temporary pardon. How's that for rights, I have a feeling this will be seen more and more in the future. How many firearms were prohibited or restricted in the wake of the LGR going away? This was on Harpers watch no?

We don't have rights in Canada anymore, we are basically given permission. Do people really think they have a right to bear arms in Canada? I'm amazed at how many people think we have miranda rights, we are NOT the USA... Wait til the RCMP do another reclassification of firearms – there WILL be fallout and retaliation from the Moncton shooting. Right now it's too fresh, but it's going to get interesting.

Harper is for the country and our rights? He basically just flipped the supreme court the bird over C-13 and S-4 to take away rights and privacy on police needing warrants. Rights indeed. When Canadians are being told that yes, indeed we are going to trample the heck out of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but if you feel hard done by feel free to use the courts.

On the liberals, yep, they want to take away your gun rights. Any gun owner that reads this should get a chill down their spine. At least they are in your face and public about it...

If Trudeau gets in with a majority – and I suspect he will – we're going to find out how many Candians have cold dead hands. The Aussies rolled over and took it, same will happen here I suspect.

We aren't allowed to speak of the rights being violated by the Harper government. If we are allowed to hug our shiny rifles, and get a job in the oil patch with ease, no rights have been violated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro49iOah6qc

I agree my biggest concern is the the conservatives in Canada very closely try follow American policy.

midgetwaiter
07-07-2014, 12:48 PM

I think you've misinterpreted this situation. Harper didn't scrap the LGR to gain votes, the people that support this action weren't going to vote Liberal anyway, take a good look around here. What it did was make sure that they vote. It's a classic page out of the Lee Atwater playbook, the wedge issue.

Same technique applied in the other direction. John Howard is a master of this which is commonly referred to as "dog whistle politics" there. A much more apt name for it I think.

The problem with this is obvious. I don't agree with all sorts of policies put in place by the Harper government and I really don't think much of many of his cabinet ministers at all either. However a vote for the Liberals would be the same as throwing my pump shotgun in the lake. So what do I do? I lived in Rob Ander's riding last election, can you imagine trying to hold your nose and vote for that DB? Most voters have decided to stay home and the true believers on each side duke it out.

The end to this dog whistle arms race is bad news though, take a look at what is really happening to our southern neighbors. The republicans just barely managed to survive and re absorb this tea party movement but look at what it has done to them! This horrible, fascist, communist health care bill was a conservative idea 20 years ago. The more extreme ideologues have brought the government to a standstill.

wags
07-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Good on you young man. Nice to see young folks taking advantage of their democratic rights.

Thank you for your wonderful insight, and contributing to the fine culture that is Canada. By the way, since we're on the subject of school, I see at least 7 grammatical errors in your statement above. I'm not sure if you're the pot or the kettle, but I find it humorous none-the-less.

Cheers

JamesB
07-07-2014, 01:26 PM
We aren't allowed to speak of the rights being violated by the Harper government. If we are allowed to hug our shiny rifles, and get a job in the oil patch with ease, no rights have been violated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro49iOah6qc

I agree my biggest concern is the the conservatives in Canada very closely try follow American policy.

Really? I think you are just spouting off some leftist slogan you heard on rabble. What "made in USA" policy are we adopting? Pipeline development? US - no, Canada - yes. More gun control? US - trying, Canada - unclear. Universal Health care -US disaster, Canada - less of a disaster. Please enlighten us to the Harper "hidden agenda".

benamen
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Sometimes you are better off with the devil that you know. Obama got in because so many wanted change in the U.S. They got change alright. The biggest deficit that the country has every seen.

ali#1
07-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Sometimes you are better off with the devil that you know. Obama got in because so many wanted change in the U.S. They got change alright. The biggest deficit that the country has every seen.

Obama got in because Romney was a terrible candidate.

benamen
07-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Obama had the highest approval rating of any president in 2009. So I don't agree with your view.

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 02:55 PM

And don't forget that the blacks voted for him because he was black.

ali#1
07-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Obama had the highest approval rating of any president in 2009. So I don't agree with your view.

My view or the other guy ?

Obama is fortunate to be dealing with a fractured enemy. The tea party and uber right wingers didn't support Romney and stayed at home, same thing happened for Clinton in 92 with Perot. Same thing for Harper with the liberals and ndp beating each other up, same thing for Chrétien fighting against the reformers and conservatives at the same time. Whenever your enemy is divided it's usually a victory for you.

rugatika
07-07-2014, 02:59 PM

All jokes about the Liberals and their "leader" aside....

I'm all for people that take the time to make a thoughtful and considered vote. Please don't take this wrong way, but change for the sake of change is perhaps one of the more assinine reasons to vote for someone different. Vote for who you honestly think will make the country a better place after you have a thorough understanding of all the implications of your vote. What affect will your choice have on the economy? On the future liberty of this country? The environment? Will saving 3 trees today, mean we have the economic viability to save the forest tomorrow?

Voting, like any other right also comes with a respsonsibility. You have been entrusted with making a decision that will ultimately affect the future of this country and all the people and their families that live here. Voting is more than stepping into the booth and voting for the rock star du jour. Good luck.

dantonsen
Harper has gone stagnant.... He has been around for soo long it is inevitable that he has ticked off a large portion of the population.

Harper really only got in because the opposition had a lousy candidate..

Harper hasnt really done much for the economy, low interest rates and high commodity prices led canada out of the recession.

Outside alberta and high oil prices the rest of the country creates pretty much no jobs.

There was no policy or good guidance created by the conservatives that led to canada not blowing up like the usa in 2008. It was high commodity prices and low interest rates plus cmhc insuring a mortgage for every one and their dog.

ali#1
And don't forget that the blacks voted for him because he was black.

Blacks make up 15% of the population. Women and all minorities voted for him. If the right wing doesn't make changes an be more inclusive they will keep losing, old white guys are not a majority anymore.

rugatika
07-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Blacks make up 15% of the population. Women and all minorities voted for him. If the right wing doesn't make changes an be more inclusive they will keep losing, old white guys are not a majority anymore.

The right wing does indeed need to change. They need to become more conservative and they need to quit apologizing for being conservative. (and I'm not talking about social conservatism for crying out loud...they need to drop all that crap. )

TomCanuck
07-07-2014, 03:05 PM
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Winston Churchill

Mr. Churchill was fortunate to have died before Justin got into politics and rendered the famous quote above incorrect, as a five minute conversation with Justin has it beat all to ...

rugatika
07-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Harper has gone stagnant.... He has been around for soo long it is inevitable that he has ticked off a large portion of the population.

Harper really only got in because the opposition had a lousy candidate..

Harper hasnt really done much for the economy, low interest rates and high commodity prices led canada out of the recession.

Outside alberta and high oil prices the rest of the country creates pretty much no jobs.

There was no policy or good guidance created by the conservatives that led to canada not blowing up like the usa in 2008. It was high commodity prices and low interest rates plus cmhc insuring a mortgage for every one and their dog.

partly agree. Harper had a chance to do some serious cutting but lost the stones when he got a little bit of pushback from Gordon Pinsent and the media. He has been way too cautious trying to guard against a left wing backlash of people that never would have voted for him anyway.

He has been a typical center right Canadian leader. I don't think any other party or leader would have done as well as Harper has, including the current crop of wannabe's.

Ignatieff, Rae, Layton, Trudeau, Mulcair...all would have been a mess. Even Paul Martin (who I think did some good things as Finance Minister that Harper could not get away with) turned to mush when he took the reins.

marxman
07-07-2014, 03:13 PM

thats right romney was a dirtbag and he didnt even know it, making him doubly dangerous. but to get back to the o.p. why is it good to get young people out to vote wrong its not a good thing to vote just because your pride tells you that you are helping matters. nobody should vote before they are 30. some people say how come a person can be in the u.s. army and get killed but not be old enough to vote. i think its a red herring.

rugatika
07-07-2014, 03:24 PM
I didn't know Romney was a dirtbag. Got a link. :sHa_shakeshout:

And yup, Romney was a terrible candidate...but he would have been a way better President than Obama.

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 03:55 PM

So what we need then is a topic to help spread the wisdom of voting and political experience and realities with the energy and enthusiam of the youth vote.

You should not vote because:

1) a one hot button topic like pot.

2) because you feel he is young

3) because you think he is cool

4) because you think he is hip

5) because you think he is new

etc.

You have know that being a leader is difficult and challenging full of responsbility that requires tough decisions.

You can't run a party like a group of kids in a student union club. Concensus only works in a few select situations. Often a leader hears all the ideas and then picks one.

With age and experience comes wisdom. No one says Harper is perfect...but for anyone to suggest Trudeau is better shows a distinct lack of honesty in their determining criteria.

Trudeau has little substance, relies on a smile and hair cut, thinks too highly of himself, speaks to rashly, makes stupid judgements etc.

Some may think Harper is too authoritarian...yet Trudeau has dictated harshly his abortion stance. He is learning that when you lead...you do lead and not get led.

So in the end...Trudeau to be successful will have to be just like Harper. Since Harper has run the country well to date there is nothing significant to fault him on.

All parties have scandals and problems...it is the integrity of the guy that can make corrections and move on and not get bogged down.

benamen
07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
My view or the other guy ?

Obama is fortunate to be dealing with a fractured enemy. The tea party and uber right wingers didn't support Romney and stayed at home, same thing happened for Clinton in 92 with Perot. Same thing for Harper with the liberals and ndp beating each other up, same thing for Chrétien fighting against the reformers and conservatives at the same time. Whenever your enemy is divided it's usually a victory for you.

I don't agree with the statement being made that most are afraid of change. Hence my comment on the devil you know. The U.S. voted for change in 2008 when they voted in Obama over McCain. In 2012 they voted to keep the same government with Obama in power. This is when Romney ran. Obama received approx. 53% of the popular vote in both elections.

ali#1
07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
I didn't know Romney was a dirtbag. Got a link. :sHa_shakeshout:

And yup, Romney was a terrible candidate...but he would have been a way better President than Obama.

Yes 52% of people would agree.:scared0018:

As the old saying goes "to the victor goes the spoils".

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 05:29 PM

And now he has the lowest.

kmacisaac
07-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Harper has kept a low profile in the world the past few years for the most part but has done what needed to be done to keep things together, so our country didn't end up in a pile of poop like our neighbors to the South. It might not be headlines but it was crucial when required.
I'm not sure if Trudeau is the answer to anything...I'm sure he's a great drama teacher and all but running a country is a bit bigger than dictating to twenty high school kids how to remake Grease.

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 05:50 PM
partly agree. Harper had a chance to do some serious cutting but lost the stones when he got a little bit of pushback from Gordon Pinsent and the media. He has been way too cautious trying to guard against a left wing backlash of people that never would have voted for him anyway.

He has been a typical center right Canadian leader. I don't think any other party or leader would have done as well as Harper has, including the current crop of wannabe's.

Ignatieff, Rae, Layton, Trudeau, Mulcair...all would have been a mess. Even Paul Martin (who I think did some good things as Finance Minister that Harper could not get away with) turned to mush when he took the reins.

If you want to do some good you have to be smart. Better to do what you can then too much and have the socialists take control of the economy.

In politics you can't make any changes if you are not in power.

Sundancefisher
07-07-2014, 05:52 PM
And now he has the lowest.

Not the lowest.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

silver
07-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Not the lowest.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Yup, the lowest. The New York Post ran a poll last week and Obama was voted the worst president in the last 75 years.

qwert
07-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Remember folks that it was the Liberal Party of Canada that brought us the current Firearms Act, and all the un savory stuff contained within. Vote for these guys and expect a fate worse than Australiaian firearms owners received.....

This thought should be foremost in all of our minds and in all our political discussions and communication. This is also the only area where there is a real difference between any of the parties. If we allow ourselves to be distracted by other issues or personalities we will lose all the political power we have. If we can maintain our focus and unity we can be the deciding force in many ridings.

The Liberal party needs to learn that we have looong memories.

Jimboy
07-07-2014, 06:43 PM
There is a good saying. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. It only seems that way when you are looking at it from one side, but once you are there, you see it really isn't much different, and often there could be issues with other things, which could be far worse than the issues you left for in the first place. Politics is very similar.

I want you to understand that just because some of us are putting down Trudeau, it is not in an attempt to dissuade you from politics, it is to let you understand that the grass may seem greener on Trudeau's side of the fence, but the water sucks, and there is no shelter on his farm. So you may be tempted by that nice shiny green grass, but at least on Harper's farm the water tastes better, and you can hide from the rain and snow in shelter he provides.

Vote for trudeau and you,ll get grass all right , and thats all we,ll smell everywher outside , and zombies smokin it , and what a ****hole world it will be ,NDP for regular old school people with values.

Unregistered user
07-07-2014, 06:49 PM
^ What values? Spending other people's money?

rugatika
07-07-2014, 06:54 PM
If you want to do some good you have to be smart. Better to do what you can then too much and have the socialists take control of the economy.

In politics you can't make any changes if you are not in power.

I used to think the same way, but really, very little gets done. Use the five years to make wholesale changes to the government and bureaucracy. How about a CBC that makes SUN news look like a commie channel? Ditch HUbert Lacroix and put Ezra Levant in charge of the CBC...and then triple their budget. Get rid of Bill C68 completely. Ditch income tax, arts funding, and so on. No reason it all couldn't be done in the first year. People have short memories. Hope and change. :) You know...change for the sake of change.

For the Koop duh gracy, legalize pot...it'll confuse the heck out of the Liberal voters.

rugatika
07-07-2014, 06:57 PM
^ What values? Spending other people's money?

I think he meant how the NDP value happy endings at massage parlours.

CNP
07-07-2014, 07:01 PM

I just don't understand why you think Harper has forsaken our military? I'm in the military.

Closing Kitsilano CGS was not a tragedy. Lots of SAR resources in the area.

Not a tragedy that some veterans offices have been closed either. There will always be a grumble towards change. I would complain if the 1-800 call was answered somewhere in Asia though:)

Do you think Harper should drill wells in Canada? You think Harper should take control of municipal utilities? Harper can prevent someone from being married in prison by decree? The Liberals have given more to the Palestinians than the Conservatives have. Harper made it easier for criminals to be released from prisons? Closing down government offices is not always bad. The best government is the least government.

I really can't abide the JT social agenda, it sucks worse than his fiscal agenda. It's too Liberal for me. I fit the Winston Churchill mold nicely...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

But some arrive at their brains earlier:sHa_shakeshout:

From The Hip
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM

In your early 20's huh and you have been living those years and presumeably working and paying taxes under a Conservative Government since you were 18 or possibly less years of paying taxes if you opted for some useless University degree that you are most likely still paying off via student loans.

Obviously you are completely ignorant of the "Ad Scam" thingy that saw the Liberal Party steal 250 million from Canadian tax payers and you were not even a glint in your fathers eye when Pierre Trudeau screwed over Alberta with the National Energy Program in the early 1980's that caused utter financial devastation in Alberta....people were selling their homes for $1 to escape the brutal interest rates.

This reminds me of a joke I heard a long time back.Pierre Trudeau and his family are flying across Canada.His son Justin asks his dad for 5 $1 bills to throw out the window to make 5 Albertan"s happy and Pierre gives him the 5 $1 bills....as he is throwing them out the pilot shouts....throw your father out the window and make EVERY Albertan HAPPY.

The USA's economy has been in the crapper for years and real estate prices went into the toilet.All thanks to Obama.If the Liberals had been in charge of things for the last 8 years Canada would be in the same boat.If you want to vote for a pot smoking school teacher to run this country you go right ahead and do so.I will vote for a solid leader who has steered Canada through the worst recession since the Great Depression.An educated economist and not some slackster pot head who has been elected and is the leader of the Liberal Party only due to name rocognition and also for the fact that the last 2 leaders Dion/Ignatieff were LAME DUCKS.

FTH

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM
thats right romney was a dirtbag and he didnt even know it, making him doubly dangerous. but to get back to the o.p. why is it good to get young people out to vote wrong its not a good thing to vote just because your pride tells you that you are helping matters. nobody should vote before they are 30. some people say how come a person can be in the u.s. army and get killed but not be old enough to vote. i think its a red herring.

I don't agree about people not voting before thirty. Some people should never vote if they don't do any research before hand. You should need to know who is on the ballot, and what they stand for before you head to the polls, and you should also understand how our political system works, because sometimes your local politician is great, but they belong to the worst party, and by voting for your good local politician you end up also getting a dud like Redford or even a clown like Mulcair.

rwm1273
07-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Vote for trudeau and you,ll get grass all right , and thats all we,ll smell everywher outside , and zombies smokin it , and what a ****hole world it will be ,NDP for regular old school people with values.

If you think the NDP are good, you have never been to a province that was run by an NDP government. All they leave behind is debt and bad roads.

6mmhunter
07-07-2014, 10:08 PM
In your early 20's huh and you have been living those years and presumeably working and paying taxes under a Conservative Government since you were 18 or possibly less years of paying taxes if you opted for some useless University degree that you are most likely still paying off via student loans.

Obviously you are completely ignorant of the "Ad Scam" thingy that saw the Liberal Party steal 250 million from Canadian tax payers and you were not even a glint in your fathers eye when Pierre Trudeau screwed over Alberta with the National Energy Program in the early 1980's that caused utter financial devastation in Alberta....people were selling their homes for $1 to escape the brutal interest rates.

This reminds me of a joke I heard a long time back.Pierre Trudeau and his family are flying across Canada.His son Justin asks his dad for 5 $1 bills to throw out the window to make 5 Albertan"s happy and Pierre gives him the 5 $1 bills....as he is throwing them out the pilot shouts....throw your father out the window and make EVERY Albertan HAPPY.

The USA's economy has been in the crapper for years and real estate prices went into the toilet.All thanks to Obama.If the Liberals had been in charge of things for the last 8 years Canada would be in the same boat.If you want to vote for a pot smoking school teacher to run this country you go right ahead and do so.I will vote for a solid leader who has steered Canada through the worst recession since the Great Depression.An educated economist and not some slackster pot head who has been elected and is the leader of the Liberal Party only due to name rocognition and also for the fact that the last 2 leaders Dion/Ignatieff were LAME DUCKS.

FTH

X2

Wild&Free
07-07-2014, 10:55 PM
If you think the NDP are good, you have never been to a province that was run by an NDP government. All they leave behind is debt and bad roads.

The roads in BC under NDP and liberal governments are in much better shape then Conservative Alberta's roads. Also under the NDP, resource roads, and provincial rec sites, something that all us outdoors men spend a lot of time on were far superior to whats here.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Artic sovereignty issue and upcoming summits. who has the stones to sit across the table from Putin?

CanuckShooter
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I just don't understand why you think Harper has forsaken our military? I'm in the military.

Closing Kitsilano CGS was not a tragedy. Lots of SAR resources in the area.

Not a tragedy that some veterans offices have been closed either. There will always be a grumble towards change. I would complain if the 1-800 call was answered somewhere in Asia though:)

Do you think Harper should drill wells in Canada? You think Harper should take control of municipal utilities? Harper can prevent someone from being married in prison by decree? The Liberals have given more to the Palestinians than the Conservatives have. Harper made it easier for criminals to be released from prisons? Closing down government offices is not always bad. The best government is the least government.

I really can't abide the JT social agenda, it sucks worse than his fiscal agenda. It's too Liberal for me. I fit the Winston Churchill mold nicely...

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

But some arrive at their brains earlier:sHa_shakeshout:

I question the parties priorities.....they haven't changed to laws to keep the uber bad criminals in prisons...and they haven't put a stop to them getting married while behind bars...by golly they even pay them a pension, what have they done to claw that back?? They don't have a problem clawing back a few unemployment checks from us working dudes.

Moosejuice
07-08-2014, 12:19 AM
So if you were still soiling yourself when the holy ones were last in power
Canada's dark period is un known to you . Our west was reduced to third
World status . The final book on Entitlement was written ,where do you
the Queen of Red Tories got all her ideas . I don't doubt that a leader of
A great country like Canada Can be elected on coiffure only , just look
at what the Y generation hold dear , they love the view from the folks
basement , their Gods are even more ridiculous than the last two
Generations .
And by coincidence ,if the Liberals form the next government ,the
majority of the adult population will be soiling themselves . Isn't that
Great ,let's hope there are enough seniors with enough memory and
grey matter to fight off the eastern scourge .

The guy is in his 20's and prob remembers the last Liberal gov.

You should as well.
It was the one that rebuilt an ecconomy that Mulrooney, a Conservative destroyed.
Remember?

Our international credit rating was dropped for the first time in history IIRC.

And don't get me started on rights or gun control.
The Cons have been just as bad or worse.

Not that Trudeau is worth considering.

Any party politician will tend to look after his home boys first and leave the crumbs for the bulk of us.

Party politics is a suckers game.

ali#1
07-08-2014, 12:32 AM

FTH

The us economy went into the crapper in 2008 while g w bush was president. Major banks were failing like aig, Lehman brothers etc.

rwm1273
07-08-2014, 06:12 AM
The roads in BC under NDP and liberal governments are in much better shape then Conservative Alberta's roads. Also under the NDP, resource roads, and provincial rec sites, something that all us outdoors men spend a lot of time on were far superior to whats here.

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Artic sovereignty issue and upcoming summits. who has the stones to sit across the table from Putin?
We are not comparing BC to Alberta. We are comparing provinces that had a NDP government and how the roads were before and after them. Every province that had an NDP government had worse infrastructure after the NDP were finished, because they didn't spend money on it, they spent it on social programs.

I doubt Trudeau could hold up to a staring match with a hamster yet alone against Putin. I just think Trudeau is more interested in making friends and is not scared to sell his sole to do so. Just look at all the photo ops he has with various groups. Rubbing elbows with some Islamist groups is just proof that he won't stand up. even the moderate Muslim groups were aghast at him for his apparent show of respect for the jihadist group.

silver
07-08-2014, 06:42 AM

For a lot of years the roads and hiways were in poor condition and the NDP were in power. The Conservatives got in and coincidentally enough, the economy and the roads improved. In the spirit of honesty, the NDP did leave the province in good financially, the conservatives came in in time for the good times, the rising prices for grain, oil, and potash. The real difference is in the good times the NDP spent the money in the cities where their votes are, the Conservatives spent the money in the rural areas, where the money was made. Now we have heavy haul roads with pavement on them, not just gravel.

CNP
07-08-2014, 07:02 AM
I question the parties priorities.....they haven't changed to laws to keep the uber bad criminals in prisons...and they haven't put a stop to them getting married while behind bars...by golly they even pay them a pension, what have they done to claw that back?? They don't have a problem clawing back a few unemployment checks from us working dudes.

Which government did this? http://crcvc.ca/docs/consecutive-sentencing-2012.pdf

I suspect that the govt could not take away a persons pension or prohibit them from getting married. It's not like it just happens in Canada. You don't make laws up for Bernardo just because he is Bernardo. The govt is also responsible to guarantee the rights and freedoms of the charter. Six years to clawback for me. No other party will remove the clawback from the CF Superannuation Act........I dare the Libs/NDP to make that a Party Platform promise. Not going to happen. Individuals members trying to gather up some votes stir that up....but the party would never go for it.

Winch101
07-08-2014, 08:36 AM
There are 4.083 mil. People in Alberta . It only took 554,760 votes
To get that crook Allison elected . A little over 1 million people voted
In 2012 ....pathetic .

My point is you don't matter in a Federal Election today . Justin could win in a walk , if he keeps making people believe that Steve is the Noriega of the North .
In this country ,you only need a few special interest groups and your in .
He has the social media crowd or youth, the Dopers , the mothers ( he's so cute ) definitely the Natives , sooooooooo promise the seniors to raise OAS ,
CPP.........et voila , un tour de force ,

Steve has just POd too many people , I'm not worried about the country
Going Red , it was Red for what 40 years .....we are all still breathing .
How many gazillion people are saying the oil industry has to Slow down .
Like it or not, it will !

Remember with every Boom there's a bust ..

elkdump
07-08-2014, 08:47 AM

morons attract morons, nothing else can be added

CanuckShooter
07-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Which government did this? http://crcvc.ca/docs/consecutive-sentencing-2012.pdf

I suspect that the govt could not take away a persons pension or prohibit them from getting married. It's not like it just happens in Canada. You don't make laws up for Bernardo just because he is Bernardo. The govt is also responsible to guarantee the rights and freedoms of the charter. Six years to clawback for me. No other party will remove the clawback from the CF Superannuation Act........I dare the Libs/NDP to make that a Party Platform promise. Not going to happen. Individuals members trying to gather up some votes stir that up....but the party would never go for it.

They cannot prevent them from getting married? Do they let same sex prisoners get married and share a cell too? it's supposed to be a prison sentence where you pay a price for the crimes you have committed not an alternate living situation. It should be stopped dead in it's tracks. IMHO