PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Update, new sponsors and his continuing contribution to RMH and sick kids.

wwbirds
07-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Yup the big kid "Mike" is planning on starting training for LT skating for
Canada at the Oval in 2 weeks.
A pro trainer and athlete for as long as I can remember he has decided to start now on the long road to selection for this competition.
He intends to use social media to garner support by way of attention to his quest and hopefully attract the attention of potential sponsors.
Your support by "liking" his page and sharing would be appreciated.
thanks
Rob

https://www.facebook.com/dasdarkhorse

Scott N
07-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I wish your son good luck, that would be a great accomplishment.

Matt L.
07-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Done, good luck to him.

Ken07AOVette
07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Awesome, well done Moses!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Very cool, I wish him the best of luck.

'Liked'

omega50
07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Liked.
I see he has some of his training foods listed.
These might fit his regimen

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=71910&highlight=protein+pancakes

Dacotensis
07-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm not a facebooker but I get what's going on.

I've heard that winning an Olympic medal is an amazing experience.

Training for something like this takes a huge amount of time and a few bucks.

Years ago when I was in a program, I read a book called "eat to win"
Some of the stuff stuck with me all these years.

I'm sure he's up on positive imagery books and other good reads of this nature.
If not, he should be.
Every Olympic athlete learns to master imagery.

I have many past team mates and friends who have won Olympic medals.
They are all good people that you would want your children to be around.
Successful types.
Good luck to your son.
Dac

bessiedog
07-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Best of luck with the training!

You should be proud poppa!

You obviously raised 'em well!!!

greylynx
07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Not a problem voting for him.

Ahem. A big strapping clean living kid like him would look good with some AO advertising pasted to him.

Just an opinion.:)

brownbomber
07-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Best of luck to him

Ken07AOVette
07-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Not a problem voting for him.

Ahem. A big strapping clean living kid like him would look good with some AO advertising pasted to him.

Just an opinion.:)

Oh yeah the greenie olympic NIMBY tree hugging PETA supporting granola munchers will just love that kind of sponsorship :thinking-006:

wwbirds
07-07-2014, 03:58 PM
greenie olympic NIMBY tree hugging PETA supporting granola munchers will just love that kind of sponsorship

Since they are against most everything I doubt they support anything.
Mike is politically very astute so I suspect if questioned on outdoor activities (such as the bear hunting hockey player or the most recent girl who had her facebook hunting pictures taken down from Africa) I am sure he would reply "it is all about personal choices."
If someone doesn't want to hunt or fish for themselves they have that choice but those people should also stop telling others what to do. if you chose to be a vegetarian that is fine but don't tell us all we need to be vegan.
There are a growing number of greenies who are starting to feel hunting or fishing for your own "chemical and additive free" food is preferable. We should encourage that lifestyle choice.

he was shooting a rifle from the time he could hold it up, shotgunning not long after( of course he was taught by Burwash & Meeking the infamous SC shooters), hunted waterfowl and to a lesser extent big game with us for many years and still tries to participate in the "guys" long weekend fishing trip. he routinely takes samples of all our wild game and jerky products home to taste test. Not sure if he is still a member here but sure he will chime in eventually.

Jimboy
07-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I ,m in training too.

densa44
07-07-2014, 11:35 PM
I hope he is O.K. with all that work with maybe disappointment at the end.

It will not be easy that is for sure.

Dacotensis
07-07-2014, 11:57 PM
I hope he is O.K. with all that work with maybe disappointment at the end.

It will not be easy that is for sure.

The process is as important as the outcome.

The process builds people. It builds character.

It's good to show effort. At least he's going to go for it.

Better to try and fail than to not try at all.

If he learns about people and himself along the way, then it's worth it for an individual or team to have a vision.

I enjoy being around people who can envision. Plan. Dream big.

wwbirds
07-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Has several new clients sponsoring him and couple corporate health/fitness sponsors that have supplied equipment and funds to go to the North American competitions/time trials.
He is doing the public relations route representing kids who when young had significant health problems and will speak to staff, volunteers as well as kids and their parents at Ronald McDonald Houses in Canada as he travels.