PDA

View Full Version : Fort Chipewyan Cancer Study released

Mb-MBR
07-07-2014, 04:32 PM
it'll be a clash of scientists.....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/fort-chipewyan-cancer-study-suggesting-oilsands-link-to-be-released-today-1.2698430

Winch101
07-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I know unlike most reserves these inhabitants have likely been on a
Stringent health regimen .....and their only ingested contaminant
Comes from the oil sands . But hey life sucks .
It was a nice try .....but doesn't look good for the brudders ....

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Alberta+government+planning+investigate+Fort+Chipe wyan+cancer+cluster/9716110/story.html

Actually if they lived in the general population , the incidences of Cancer
Would be negligible . You have to spend some time on reserves , factor in Diet , a coke and chips , and a smoke for breakfast .....not from the Canada
Food guide .

schleprock
07-07-2014, 05:55 PM
I just had a conversation with my friend this afternoon about his grandmother who was born in Fort Chip in the 1920s and lived there most of her life. She told him that she remembers oil slicks long before Syncrude and Suncor ever existed and that the oil has always naturally seeped into the river system.

AB RANGER 007
07-07-2014, 06:11 PM
:thinking-006: How come no one talks about the fact that the Eldorado Uranium Mine is only 180 kms +-, North East of FT Chip. :confused:

Bruce. :scared0018:

Grizzly Adams
07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Then there's this study, which claims it's inconclusive.:confused: Natives won't be happy till they get a study that supports their claims. Time to beat the stats some more. :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/new-cancer-study-needed-says-fort-chipewyan-chief-1.2609313

Grizz

pickrel pat
07-07-2014, 07:13 PM
:thinking-006: How come no one talks about the fact that the Eldorado Uranium Mine is only 180 kms +-, North East of FT Chip. :confused:

Bruce. :scared0018:

They probably would if the water table flowed southwest..

Mb-MBR
07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Then there's this study, which claims it's inconclusive.:confused: Natives won't be happy till they get a study that supports their claims. Time to beat the stats some more. :lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/new-cancer-study-needed-says-fort-chipewyan-chief-1.2609313

Grizz

Same could be said for governments and industry, that's why I said clash of the scientists.....

Scotty454
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM
The researchers admit in the executive summary that the outcomes of the study "have been shaped and controlled throughout" by the two First Nations groups that were funding it.

...Yyyyyeah. :rolleye2:

greylynx
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Scientists have become a bunch of losers in the public eye.

I was told in my first year of university by Dr. Gordon Freeman, a radiation chemist, that science was changing and he predicted the protesting and selling out to the media was going to be destructive.

As I was acquiring other degrees, I noticed the so called "Uber Limnologist Herr Dokter Shindler advocating students protest on government property and begging for money from industry promising a solution to a problem. Not industry coming to the university seeking a solution.

The very thing Dr. Freeman believed to be verboten.

Who is in the public eye these days? Herr Dokter Shindler, the man who wanted to blow up the fish in Moraine Lake in Banff to study a some copepod.
Source: The Fraser institute study on detrimental effects of environmentalists in National Parks. Read the study before you criticize it. There are lots of stupid things the Toronto run idiots want to do to Alberta.

Science has to go back to the days when no one was putting a carrot in your face. If anything meaningful is to improve in science that is how things are supposed to be.

Beeguy: Help me out. That little weasel is probably back in Ontario Bass Fishing.:)

stinkynuts
07-07-2014, 10:10 PM
I wonder how many where smokers in that study vs non smokers ? that would be interesting to know

Buckhead
07-08-2014, 02:02 AM
I just had a conversation with my friend this afternoon about his grandmother who was born in Fort Chip in the 1920s and lived there most of her life. She told him that she remembers oil slicks long before Syncrude and Suncor ever existed and that the oil has always naturally seeped into the river system.

The river runs right through the oilsands deposits. That is how they were discovered (seeps along the riverbank).

There have been oil slicks on the river for the last 8,000 years or so.

elkhunter11
07-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Quoted from the link posted.

The researchers admit in the executive summary that the outcomes of the study "have been shaped and controlled throughout" by the two First Nations groups that were funding it.

Based on the statement above,I am sure that the resulting report, will lead to the conclusions that those two groups funding the study want it to, and that those two groups will use the conclusions to try to extort more money, from the government, and the companies. In the 30 plus years that I have worked in the oilsands, the solution is always to give the people complaining more, and more money. And once they receive enough money, they stop complaining for awhile.